Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Songbearer posted:

I have The Cravings :smith:

Come play titanfall get on mumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Songbearer posted:

I have The Cravings :smith:

Call your sponsor.

Sion posted:

Come play titanfall get on mumble.

Does this game have dumptrucks?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Krowley posted:

Does this game have dumptrucks?

Yep, they even fall out of the sky on command.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Tiggs is now requiring a photo ID and signed copy of the NDA for testers.

Guess I won't be able to post any sweet secrets anymore.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Tiggs is now requiring a photo ID and signed copy of the NDA for testers.

Guess I won't be able to post any sweet secrets anymore.

The sad thing is knowing Tiggs from Star Wars Galaxies and pre-Gamersfirst Fallen Earth I didn't bat an eyelash at this most recent development. Doesn't make her shenanigans any less hilarious though.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So goons I figured out what my PC problems were, the GPU was still broken and after RMA'ing the card they sent me *another* broken one. Think a Geforce 650 will run this?

And is that one hacker Andrea still around?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Leal posted:

So goons I figured out what my PC problems were, the GPU was still broken and after RMA'ing the card they sent me *another* broken one. Think a Geforce 650 will run this?

And is that one hacker Andrea still around?

Yeah. It runs fine on a 470. Adrianna? No she hasn't been around in a while.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Leal posted:

Think a Geforce 650 will run this?

I'm running it fine on a 450 GTS so yes. God I need a new card.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Further proof that remote det and muffler are the best combo ever.

Elixibren
Mar 5, 2007
Ya'll

witness.jpg

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

I love you.

How many hours of work is that good god.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Oh no, not the BLACK LIST!!

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

:stare:

I don't even.

Elixibren
Mar 5, 2007
Ya'll
The only thing that made it better was the K/D for the fight. I arrested him with PIG/perc.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Anyone running around with that much green money deserves to be witnessed and lose it all.

I shouldn't be surprised by the stupidity of people, but after the 3k perma-witness change way back when there's no point to not turn in after ~3k. So, those who fail to due so should only be laughed at and this is the greatest example I've seen. Well done!

I'm finally burned out and haven't played in over a week. Am I cured?
probly not

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Now that PAX East is rolling around I'm getting misty-eyed remembering APB's closed beta. Turns out they decided to let people try the game at PE so we had the smart idea to make vans plastered with a Goatse symbol next to the PAX East logo, showing off the truly unlimited customization. Sadly anyone who was sent the van had their account banned for the entirety of the convention. It was still really a better time for APB and quite a bit before the rampant hostility and ultra-competitive mentality took over the game. It's probably rose tinted glasses but things like unlimited backup, actual car chases, longer fights due to higher TTK, and generally a more well behaved user base due to the box cost and subscription were nice features.

It seems like these days you get into the game and the spirit of just having a good time, blowing up cars, engaging in high speed chases, etc. is sort of lost. I'm not sure why but it's extremely difficult to log in and just have a good time even if you're winning every match you get into. Everything is boiled down into a science of what mods to pick, what guns to pick, etc. The fact that people aren't locked into their weapon choices for the mission means people just pick the most optimal gun for the mission objective every time. Rarely do I get surprised by a strategy some team is engaging in.

I kinda miss being a newbie with everyone else and having extended battles shooting each other with snub nosed pistols.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 11, 2014

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Extra posted:

nostalgia

Yeah, I tried APB lately and it just isn't the same :smith:

It didn't help that I was locked into zero-population gold servers.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

It was always the higher you got in threat the more unfun the game became for a variety of reasons but mostly because the game is so comically unfair and random. Like everyone wants a nice even game where if you win that's great and if you lose its oh well that was fun but the game pretty much sets itself up to deny that ever happening.

There are places where if you have to attack them you have pretty much lost, missions with super limited timers and lots of objectives, the whole notion of one team attacking for all of the stages while the defenders only have to win one stage and a huge amount of endstages that can be cheesed in such a way that if you have the upper hand at all you can deny the other team the possibility of coming back. Everyone has experienced, oh the bag spawned on them and now they are 500m away with a carsurfing osmaw. You add mobile spawners, horrible hitreg, choose your spawn, advantages for people who have been on the same character longer (low yields, better cars etc), advantages (however slight they are) for people who put in the bucks, jesus take the wheel, griefers, bad matchmaking which in fairness is mostly due to instance population limits, changing obviously over powered weapons and there really is no way people aren't going to be lovely about the game.

Its only in theory in apb that everyone wants a fair game where they think on their feet. Realistically what you want in apb are worse players to oppose you so should randomness or dumb mechanics contrive to gently caress you you can still win. In more competitive games getting players you can be consistently beat would just be lovely and boring. Add to that the ego issues that are inevitable in pvp games and the whole thing just gets toxic and I don't say that as someone totally immune to vast irrational in the grand scheme of things irritation or someone above using horrible spots/powerful guns.

Still nothing like it though. Just wish it worked for me properly still.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I think APB in its current state can be enjoyable, but you have to really not care at all about winning the mission and just focus on goofing off. There didn't seem to be any more fun found in winning as losing, in fact sometimes it was more fun to lose a match because you could ignore all the bullshit mechanics. Often times since they don't stand a chance we'll let silvers and bronzes just win. It's not like losing a mission in APB really means anything progression or fun having wise.

The best way to play APB was non-competitively but your opposition often plays so competitively that they have no problem sitting on top of a building for 15 minutes doing nothing if it means they get that win screen.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 11, 2014

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Schubalts posted:

Nobody knows how to drive, because driving commands are heavily dependent on your latency.

The Something Lawful drift team would disagree. :colbert:

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

If you play apb and care about winning you are doing it terribly wrong. Ltl opgl and Valentine snubnose best loadout.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Goofballs posted:

It was always the higher you got in threat the more unfun the game became for a variety of reasons but mostly because the game is so comically unfair and random. Like everyone wants a nice even game where if you win that's great and if you lose its oh well that was fun but the game pretty much sets itself up to deny that ever happening.

There are places where if you have to attack them you have pretty much lost, missions with super limited timers and lots of objectives, the whole notion of one team attacking for all of the stages while the defenders only have to win one stage and a huge amount of endstages that can be cheesed in such a way that if you have the upper hand at all you can deny the other team the possibility of coming back. Everyone has experienced, oh the bag spawned on them and now they are 500m away with a carsurfing osmaw. You add mobile spawners, horrible hitreg, choose your spawn, advantages for people who have been on the same character longer (low yields, better cars etc), advantages (however slight they are) for people who put in the bucks, jesus take the wheel, griefers, bad matchmaking which in fairness is mostly due to instance population limits, changing obviously over powered weapons and there really is no way people aren't going to be lovely about the game.

Its only in theory in apb that everyone wants a fair game where they think on their feet. Realistically what you want in apb are worse players to oppose you so should randomness or dumb mechanics contrive to gently caress you you can still win. In more competitive games getting players you can be consistently beat would just be lovely and boring. Add to that the ego issues that are inevitable in pvp games and the whole thing just gets toxic and I don't say that as someone totally immune to vast irrational in the grand scheme of things irritation or someone above using horrible spots/powerful guns.

Still nothing like it though. Just wish it worked for me properly still.

But every time you beat the super tryhards, with all their bullshit metagaming shenanigans made it worth it. Knowing full well you just wiped the smug motherfucker look of their face and had fun doing it because you were having fun rather than trying to be ~MLG Pro~. Knowing full well that you could stoop to their level with cheesy bullshit; but not doing it. And still beating them. And throughly enjoying the ensuing rage in district chat. Every. Single. Time.

Good times, good times.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:siren: Patch 1.6.0 with actually some new things!

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/350571-patch-1160/page__p__3643859#entry3643859

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Mobile cover so you can put it behind doors and make it harder for them to assault your already impenetrable position! Medi-spray, because CA just wasn't fast enough! Field resupply you'll never use! Dynamic events with which to get trolled into oblivion with! Epinephrine Injector so you can run even faster with your held item, ensuring that if your enemy was too slow that they'll never catch up now!

No new servers for EU and no news on the engine update! And I still want to play it! I want to die! Yay!

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

Removing 'Spooky Time' title from 3 enforcer missions. Adding 'Fight Club' as title to all fight club missions.

Removing some 'DNT - Do not Translate' text that would appear in-game on occasion.

Game of the year.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Mobile cover so you can put it behind doors and make it harder for them to assault your already impenetrable position! Medi-spray, because CA just wasn't fast enough! Field resupply you'll never use! Dynamic events with which to get trolled into oblivion with! Epinephrine Injector so you can run even faster with your held item, ensuring that if your enemy was too slow that they'll never catch up now!

No new servers for EU and no news on the engine update! And I still want to play it! I want to die! Yay!

For the first, grenade launchers.. no where to run no where to hide.

I too am ready to die though if this can drag me away from ARR.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Dynamic events are neat as balls and are what APB should have always been. This is a little step in the right direction for the game being more of a virtual world. The fact that the objectives are FFA is completely dumb though as clans will just farm them. Now if only ram raiding rewards scaled with the amount of people in a district so we would see more Witnessing action.

I also now need a dickbutt symbol for my mobile cover.

ATAC changes are hi-larious and whoever thought that gun needed a buff is a complete nimrod.

Songbearer posted:

Epinephrine Injector so you can run even faster with your held item, ensuring that if your enemy was too slow that they'll never catch up now!

Remove speed penalty on cars carrying items I miss my RTW car chases :colbert:

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 16, 2014

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Extra posted:

Remove speed penalty on cars carrying items I miss my RTW car chases :colbert:

This was really bad and unfun in RTW but now that a counter (car surfer + OSMAW) exists who knows!

Although that mod and that gun are pretty high-level unlocks iirc.

Diran
Jan 28, 2014
Just installed this after a long absence, does anyone play on Patriot?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Diran posted:

Just installed this after a long absence, does anyone play on Patriot?

Of the people who used to play there regularly no there aren't. I suggest rerolling on obeya for the larger population.

Diran
Jan 28, 2014

Goofballs posted:

Of the people who used to play there regularly no there aren't. I suggest rerolling on obeya for the larger population.

Alright sounds good, I had to create a new char on there anyway. Do people play enf or crim?

Diran fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 25, 2014

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm not sure if anyone is active on obeya but I don't think so but with the bigger population your chances of getting evenish games is much better

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

'Beya goons haven't played regularly since last year

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Obeya? I don't even know ya!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What is Obeya, what is APB.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Daztek posted:

What is Obeya, what is APB.

It's a 6 gig chunk of data that's still haunting my drive, on the off-chance that it miraculously turns good again

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Has anyone actually played it lately? I think I tried a new gun on the test world a few weeks back.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Has anyone actually played it lately? I think I tried a new gun on the test world a few weeks back.

I haven't since the consumables came in. I want to try but :effort:

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

less than three posted:

I haven't since the consumables came in. I want to try but :effort:

Same, busy with FFXIV and now dying repeatedly in Dark Souls II. How long's the special event going on til? And how badly has it been co-opted by hackers? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diran
Jan 28, 2014

Goofballs posted:

I'm not sure if anyone is active on obeya but I don't think so but with the bigger population your chances of getting evenish games is much better

Yeah, I noticed a difference in the populations right away. Obeya is better in that regard, thanks for the tip.

• Locked thread