Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
So the sale prices don't stack with the premium discount?

e: Is there anyone around who can invite to the clan? Thank you!

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Matchmaking free districts are garbage, as you might have expected. Unfortunately everyone is in there on EU.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Carecat posted:

Matchmaking free districts are garbage, as you might have expected. Unfortunately everyone is in there on EU.

The entire reason they exist is for the best of the best to roll the dice on getting lower skilled opposition until the lower skilled opposition leave in which case all the best of the best will go back to silver districts.

Not sure what else the devs would expect to see. The first assumption a developer needs to make when designing a PvP video game is that everyone will do every possible thing in their power to win.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Other than the people who don't read, join the district and say "Matchmaking sucks!", people have suggested that it might make a pretty good place for solo players. If the district only allowed solo queuing so there were no premades at all, the idea might have some merit. As for now it's kind of an interesting experiment, you definetly see a big variety in skill levels.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Amazing how many people have store guns. They must make a lot of money from them.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right
RIP Motorola & OCA 2014

Also peep this thing from way back when
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-2EM6kfqU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I really have to hand it to G1, Fairfight works goddamn beautifully at deterring hackers. We played for almost 3 hours tonight in a proper district, faced opponents that were on par with our playstyles, and won 7/9 matches. I can't remember APB being this actually fun as an actual game for a long time, and while there are still one or two flaky customers out there it's nowhere near as bad as it was, and this time I mean it wholeheartedly. I really enjoyed myself, and goddamn it feels so good to be able to finally say that again :unsmith:

Funshots:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 24, 2014

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Extra posted:

The entire reason they exist is for the best of the best to roll the dice on getting lower skilled opposition until the lower skilled opposition leave in which case all the best of the best will go back to silver districts.

Not sure what else the devs would expect to see. The first assumption a developer needs to make when designing a PvP video game is that everyone will do every possible thing in their power to win.

I dunno, it's an interesting thing to look at. There is definitely a psychological effect on performance of individuals and teams based on the shown rank of the players they are up against, and I'm curious if people do better or worse going in blind.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Arven posted:

I dunno, it's an interesting thing to look at. There is definitely a psychological effect on performance of individuals and teams based on the shown rank of the players they are up against, and I'm curious if people do better or worse going in blind.

Not showing threat definitely gives people one less thing to bitch about which is a definite plus.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Carecat posted:

I suspect APB is a game where the fun is inverse to the progression of the players. Low rank players with noobie gear only is probably way more fun than all golds with legendary weapons.

Yep, that sounds about right.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

As Songbearer said, it's ideal for solo queuing. Premade groups screw it up and I think groups shouldn't be allowed. I went 2/6 solo since it was mostly vs 4 max rank clan groups vs my random group of mostly folks I'd consider bronzes maybe silver. One I won was me and another high rank gold against two clueless new folks with no mods equipped, the other was an even match threat/rank wise against ppl I know who goofed around for the match.

So, I dunno. It's a cool idea, but it feels broken for high threat people in groups.

Had some blatant cheaters who were kicked by the next round in FC snapping all around with 3x as many kills as the highest regulars. Really nice to see that happen.

Line em up!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So what's the situation with weapons. Can you get a 3 slot weapon with rank 3 mods in it without paying G1C? Are all the side grades in the store available through normal play?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Carecat posted:

So what's the situation with weapons. Can you get a 3 slot weapon with rank 3 mods in it without paying G1C? Are all the side grades in the store available through normal play?

Leveling up your roles unlocks open slot weapons and mods, and if you do the challenges in Fight Club you get Joker Tickets, which you can use to lease most weapons, even Armas only ones.

Most of the role unlocks

Daztek fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 24, 2014

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Since Joker Tickets are the primary method of leasing Cool Stuff™ In APB here are some ways to get them...

1.) Fight Club Weekly Challenges (Resets on monday morning, top tier awarded monday morning.)

Both of these can be done once per week, each reward tier stacks. Tier 1 and 2 (50/150) are awarded immediately (via mail). It is possible to get a total of 700JT 800JT per week using the Fight Club.

The Asylum:
1.) 200JT - Top 10% of all players in cash earnings in Asylum.
2.) 150JT - Earn $6000 in Asylum.
3.) 50JT - Earn $3000 in Asylum.

Baylan Shipping
1.) 200JT - Top 10% of all players in completed activities in Baylan
2.) 150JT - Complete 15 Activities in Baylan
4.) 50JT - Complete 7 Activities in Baylan

2.) Daily Activities (Resets daily, rewards immediately)

Awarded by talking to any contact you have max reputation with in Financial/Waterfront district while out of mission. Each contact will give up to one mission per day and a total of five missions can be completed per player per day. Missions in either district are counted toward the 5 mission allowance.

5/10/15/20 JT x 5 - Complete 5 activities from contacts you have maxed out reputation with. Rewards vary between 5 and 20+ JT per activity. Obviously do the higher JT activities first. Higher tier contact unlocks give higher JT rewards.

Enforcer Financial Contact JT Activity Amounts:
Violet Prentiss - 5
Wilson Leboyce - 10
Ty Durrant - 10
Grissom - 10
Saul Linklater - 10
Mirri Kent - 10
Darryl Kent - 10
Kaspar Danko - 15
Hea Choi - 15
Justin Teng - 20
Devil Dog - ???

Enforcer Waterfront Contact JT Activity Amounts:
Chung-hee - 5
Eva Orlandez - 5
Stu Phoenix - 10
Sabbat - 10
Miguel Estebano - 10
Akiko X - 15
Chiza - 15
Byeong Lee - 15
Orlenz' Moretti - 20
Ersnt "Mule" Templeton - ???

3.) Dynamic Events

Occur in any normal (non-open conflict) Financial or Waterfront district throughout the day. Only activated out of mission, appears to require a minimum amount of players in the district to activate.

Drug Mule
Move to one of the Drug Mules marked on them map and mug them by pressing F. Collect the items they drop and drop them off at any contact. Other players in the event may kill you and steal your drugs before you drop them off at a contact.

I do not know specifically how rewards are calculated for this event, just that I was awarded 20 JT at one point.

The Butcher
Insta-kill grenade launcher appears on the map. Pick it up, kill the required number of other players, and drop it off at a contact. Killing The Butcher makes you The Butcher.

JT rewards are unknown.

Carecat posted:

Can you get a 3 slot weapon with rank 3 mods in it without paying G1C?

Permanently: 500+ hours of grinding with the same weapon type.
7 Days Lease: Earn 1000 Joker Tickets

Spend your in-game money on the rank 3 mods being sold in the market if they are not associated with the role you are leveling up.

Carecat posted:

Are all the side grades in the store available through normal play?

APB is not a charity, so no. Most of them are available for Joker tickets, though.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 27, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So you can only earn 550 JT a week at best, realistically 300-400 and they cost 1000 for 7 days? :allears:

The 500 hours is... that's a lot of grinding. For a single role.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 24, 2014

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Most weapons are fine with only 2 slots or even 1, that's a lot less kills needed. Even then, APB is more about positioning, tactics and map knowledge than modded weapons. I like to use the default 0 slot STAR from time to time and I do fine with it.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Man, APB is consistent in its "get grouped up with rank 1s against a clan of decked-out dudes" gameplay element, no matter how many breaks I take or patches it gets! I want to love you, APB, let me!

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Carecat posted:

So you can only earn 550 JT a week at best, realistically 300-400 and they cost 1000 for 7 days? :allears:

You can get 800JT alone from getting all 3 tiers of both fight clubs, the rewards stack. Depending on contacts unlocked you can get 50-100 JT per day doing the contact activities for a possible total of 1150-1500 JT per week. If you're diligent about doing the dynamic events, more.

Just through completing the joker ticket objectives you will have good enough money to buy rank 3 gun mods from either goons on Joker or pubs.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 27, 2014

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Achtane posted:

Man, APB is consistent in its "get grouped up with rank 1s against a clan of decked-out dudes" gameplay element, no matter how many breaks I take or patches it gets! I want to love you, APB, let me!

Play with friends :v:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Here's a code for 5 days of premium and 50 G1C -> FairFight

Redeem it on Armas before July 31st, 11:59 PM PDT.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Please help me I'm having fun with APB

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Thanks for the info Extra. That sounds more manageable.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

AzureSkys posted:

majority of results are Mikus,

I haven't check this thread in months but please no Mikushaming.

Kjerring please come back I miss you.

I have no shame being that pre-made 4 man gold with decked out guns, I did my time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Achtane posted:

This is why I only play fight club if I have no one online to group with. Solo queueing is torture.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Whoever tried to whisper me this evening, I sent you a mail with the TS info.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
They finally did something about hacking? God drat, I'm surprised.

On a related note, I haven't played APB in, oh maybe 2 years? A couple of months ago me and a couple of friends decided to reinstall it, seems that during my absence my account was banned for hacking. Not sure if my account was compromised or whatever, but I honestly didn't care enough to take it any further than the initial email from gamersfirst.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'll just leave this here.

:nws:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
You're blocking the shot!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Reinstalling this as we speak. My previous account is lost, but I suppose that's fine since things seem so different nowadays anyways re unlocking a bunch of stuff and re making a bunch of stuff will only make me play longer. Is all the info in the OP still accurate?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Reinstalling this as we speak. My previous account is lost, but I suppose that's fine since things seem so different nowadays anyways re unlocking a bunch of stuff and re making a bunch of stuff will only make me play longer. Is all the info in the OP still accurate?

Mostly.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away
Is there an idiot's guide/list of equipment and weapons that are worth focusing on/dropping cash on kicking around anywhere?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Angry Guacamole posted:

idiot's guide/list of equipment and weapons that are worth focusing on/dropping cash on kicking around anywhere?

If you read the character/weapon mod descriptions it will be self-evident which niche they fit into. Cookie cutter character mods are Happy Landings 3 / Clotting Agent 3 / Field Supplier.

Weapons

APB's metagame is all about having the right weapon for the right situation instead of having 40 guns that are almost functionally identical. Most top end players swap weapons mid-mission. Having a car with mobile supply unit can be useful for on the fly swapping.

Mods can be swapped freely into and out of any gun you feel like at any time. If you're going to spend money in the cash shop or eat up your Joker tickets, it's a good idea to take full advantage of the 3 mod slots by purchasing a gun with them. Again, flexibility and adaptation is important in APB.

Parenthesis are the re-skins for Arma/Joker cash, they're functionally identical to free counterparts.

All-Around (Jack of All Trades, Master Of None)
Easy free mode: NTEC-5 (Agrotech VAS R-2, Joker CR-5)

Tip: Swapping mods depending on what the situation calls for is key in making the NTEC a true jack of all trades.
Your success with this weapon is dependent on memorizing how frequently to tap your fire button and how long to hold it based on the opponent's range from you.

Hard free mode: Somatic SHAW 556

Point Blank
Easy free mode: Obeya OCA-EW 626 (PDW-57)
Easy cash mode: Agrotech ACES

Close Range
Easy free mode: Colby PMG (CBMP-45)
Hard cash mode: Obeya OSCAR

Mid Range
Easy cash mode: Agrotech ATAC 424
Hard free mode: Joker Carbine (STAC 10)

(Honorable mentions for NTEC-5 and Somatic SHAW-556)

Long Range
Nekrova N-HVR 762 (Pathfinder, PSR)

Secondary
Close Range Free: Obeya FBW
Close Range Cash: Obeya OCA Nano (Joker Box Only, but tradeable)
Long Range Free: Colby RSA
Long Range Cash: Agrotech ACT44 Golden Marksman

Anti-Vehicle
Easy Free Mode: Agrotech ALIG 762
Hard Cash Mode: Agrotech DMR-AV

Comedy Melee Option
Primary: Nekrova NFAS 3 Slot - Red: Cooling Jacket 3 / Blue: Extended Mag 3 / Orange: Reflex Sight 3
Secondary: Nekrova N-FA9
Grenades: Percussive
Character Mods: Green: Fragile / Blue: Happy Landings 3 / Orange: Radar Jammer

The following weapons are usually used with fire weapon being bound to up and down scroll wheel: Joker Carbine, Somatic STAC 10, Obeya FBW, Obeya OSCAR, Obeya FBW (Using macros to automate firing may get you banned)

Viable but sub optimal:
Free: Obeya CR762*, Somatic S-AS PDW, Nekrova N-FA9, Joker JG-XXXX, Colby SNR*, Joker RFP-9, DMR-SD*, Somatic STAR 556, Obeya OBIR, Colby .45 AP, Agrotech ACT44
Cash/Joker: Colby CSG, Nekrova N-SSW 74*, Colby M-1922, Somatic STAR LCR*, Nekrova N-HVR 243 Scout

* = Pretty much crap

poo poo I know very little about and have not noticed being particularly deadly:
Cash/Joker: Nekrova ISS-b, Joker TAS20, Obeya SLR762

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 27, 2014

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Angry Guacamole posted:

Is there an idiot's guide/list of equipment and weapons that are worth focusing on/dropping cash on kicking around anywhere?

I'm assuming you're 'AngryGuac'? We saw you in the teamspeak channel above us earlier today. Next time come down to our channel and listen to us get infuriated by this pile of garbage video game play apb with us.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

I'm assuming you're 'AngryGuac'? We saw you in the teamspeak channel above us earlier today. Next time come down to our channel and listen to us get infuriated by this pile of garbage video game play apb with us.

Huh, I thought I was in the right one. I haven't used TS since I played EVE, my bad.

Also, holy poo poo, thank you for that wall of information. More hours at work are going to smile down upon me soon, so I may cash up a bit and get good weapons. I do hope that using LTL against crims is still a viable strategy in order to annoy the living hell out of people.

Angry Guacamole fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 27, 2014

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Angry Guacamole posted:

Huh, I thought I was in the right one. I haven't used TS since I played EVE, my bad.

Channels are pretty causal on our server, just come to whatever one has people in it. We don't usually use more than one unless there's like 3 different games going on at once.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Hey, if you enter "FAIRFIGHT" on the marketplace code redeemy thing right now, you can get 5 days of premium for free.
Also, I just made a crim and gave ram-raiding a shot. Gathered up 25k, was about to get max notoriety through mugging for that delicious 2x bonus.
Mugged a drug mule, which is apparently a thing now. I'm thrown into the 20-minute event, so I can't turn in my money.
Seconds later, got run over by the only enforcer in the district...
But even still, crim is more fun than enforcer so far.

Sarah Cenia fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 27, 2014

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

My diving skills are improving. Gonna try out for the SPHS swim team soon.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Achtane posted:

Also, I just made a crim and gave ram-raiding a shot. Gathered up 25k,

Which district was this in? I'd love to come help... :unsmigghh:

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

So I just logged in to my r29 Joker Enf I made a month or so ago after buying a 3rd char slot and had a system message pop up "Fairfight has flagged your account for botting".
I exited and didn't get a screenshot or chat save because it freaked me the hell out and I didn't think of it til after. I mostly played with FBW only or my DMR-AV.

I know it's only internet words, but I've never used anything like a cheat in a multiplayer game in my life, nor any macros, mods, crosshairs or anything. It's hugely against my nature and intent in playing online games in the first place. I saw a forum post something along the lines of veterans in APB that expressed concern over making new characters while having high experience and getting flagged because the data curve is a bit different than expected from a 'new' character.

I dunno... But I'm frustrated now and don't know what to think. I hadn't even played on the char for a while or even fired a shot after logging in. I was just getting mail attachments and purchasing ammo when it came up.

edit:
Wish I got a screenshot. Maybe I misread something and saw a /d message and confused the lines because I don't know that they would have the message say that. I only have 2 hours on the account from one day when I bought the 3rd slot.

Anyhow, I logged in and played a bit with no messages or issues. This isn't going to help if so...

(they were mostly trainees or close to it and thought running to the OBJ that had a nice 90m perch for me to be a valid tactic).

I love the DMR.

AzureSkys fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
That's rough. I know it's supposed to be able to catch spikes where someone turns cheats on and off but it's weird that you could get banned outside combat unless it has you down when it was running in stealth mode for several months.

Unless they mean something else by botting because if you said that to me I would think MMO style bots that grind for you and not aimbot.

• Locked thread