Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Speaking of K:DRs not winning missions, what's more fun than going up against 3 blatant cheaters and winning? Having one of them kicked during the mission, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Please be advised I got MVP in a mission against three hackers with a Volcano.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Reppin' the Something Lawful Artillery Corps there with the big 1-8 KDA :pcgaming:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Songbearer posted:

I've started sewing together clips of more generalised dumb and silly things that happen during gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRMeCcvVaeU

And if anyone wants to hear my advanced battle tactics in order to get a good idea of what chatter you should expect in order to win APB's tight combat scenarios, look no further than this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpNH8v2_M8

im 12

Killer Jason Statham (?) impressions

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

I'm dying over that RSA battle, how are you even gold.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Most of the time someone else is around to put him out of his misery. :v:

Dewp
Sep 3, 2009

satisfaction

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I really love stupid hackers. I was like 16-5 at the time, and he was 20-10.

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to submit this image to G1, they seem to only accept /report in game now :/

Same guy whispered me the same thing, and I was not cheating or even doing particularly well. What a guy.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Y'all think I'm Bad at Videogames? Well put on your designer shades and peep this MLG video where I guarantee I kill at least one dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr1jTHsUO0

Eat a dick, y'all!

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

hehe, love the end. Your editing skills have become a force of their own!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Searching for more fake APB MLG videos on youtube gave me this. I don't even know what the gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJXaJdxeUSo

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Reisama reaps what she hath sown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxyu6kI3v0Y

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

'Tis the spooky Halloween season, so I decided to resurrect one of my old gimmicks from the dead and give it a facelift. My trusty Explosives 3 Remote Detonator Pioneer is now ready to go 'bustin.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I've been playing this game with you for over 3 years and I've only just now figured out what your forums name is.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They remembered they have a blog.

APB Blog posted:

UPDATE 1.18.0
Hi Gang,

I’m Ricardo Viana the Lead Designer on APB:Reloaded. This is the first of many updates I will be providing to you, so let me quickly tell you what has occurred since our last update.

Before I start, I wish to thank our players and volunteers for their commitment in providing regular feedback.

We will be releasing the 1.18.0 update that involves changes and improvements to our mechanics systems that are all under the hood, so to speak. The three key areas of focus for this update were missions, dynamic events and visual effects that will definitely be felt during gameplay.

1.18.0 Also includes changes to our TEAM LEADER system:

TEAM LEADERSHIP CHANGES & ADDITIONS

We now offer the players the opportunity to request leadership, for the team.
Added new messaging for when voting begins, when Leadership selection is successful or unsuccessful.
The TEAM LEADER can now only kick other players who have earned a demerit.
Included AFK to the present demerit system.

The team and I are striving to strengthen our core game mechanics on a daily basis. Our end goal is to provide to you the player, a more entertaining mission experience, streamlined matchmaking process, challenges for experienced players and a rewarding entry system for new. I do not wish to give away too much on what is in store for you, but as Lead I am excited and looking forward to the future direction of APB:Reloaded.

Stay tuned for more guys and gals.

Ricardo “MoK” Viana

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2014/10/update-1180.html

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The updates to team leadership sounds fantastic until you realise that the people who are tryhard enough to kick backup until they get a Gold 255 on their team are the same kind of people who would run in front of their teammates cars in order to give the person a teamkill demerit so they can kick them :v:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Songbearer posted:

The updates to team leadership sounds fantastic until you realise that the people who are tryhard enough to kick backup until they get a Gold 255 on their team are the same kind of people who would run in front of their teammates cars in order to give the person a teamkill demerit so they can kick them :v:

Yeah there's really only so much you can do to help a community like the APB one, to be honest. You can design the game around them and all but eventually you just have to accept that some people will always find a way to be a shitheel.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I've been playing around with this again and I seem to remember that there used to be a way to disable the melody that plays when someone kills you, can't find it though. Is that just not a thing anymore or am I bad at searching?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

I believe it involved deleting all the sound files that custom themes use. I'm not sure if it still works.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Go to: \APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Audio\MusicStudio\

Delete/rename the Instruments folder.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Cool, looking forward to getting killed a bunch more.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sion posted:

Yeah there's really only so much you can do to help a community like the APB one, to be honest. You can design the game around them and all but eventually you just have to accept that some people will always find a way to be a shitheel.

I'm sure the new team feels the same way but it's good to see someone who was involved in the game acknowledging the MENSA meeting that is the APB community.

If I was a developer/publisher I'd lose so many customers for just finally breaking down and saying "You are all idiots, the forums are now closed, forever."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Wafflz posted:

I'm sure the new team feels the same way but it's good to see someone who was involved in the game acknowledging the MENSA meeting that is the APB community.

If I was a developer/publisher I'd lose so many customers for just finally breaking down and saying "You are all idiots, the forums are now closed, forever."

I had a collection of emails and posts in a folder called 'DO NOT POST.' They helped me keep sane. Only one of them slipped through the cracks.

Sion fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 20, 2014

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The big patch tommorow brings the game to 1.18 and establishes some of the new coding framework that'll enable further work and actual tangible improvements on the game down the line. Exciting, eh?

Not if you're on the APB forums. If it's not a new contact and a bunch of stuff to pile on top of the poor, straining engine, then it's clearly not worth a drat and heralds the end days. Even though it's part of what you've been asking for, right there in front of you.

Jotun I'm sorry you've had to deal with this and I hope you didn't have to drink too much to cope :smith:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The new kick system might be the greatest troll ever to the people who think every mission is the grand final at Dreamhack, too funny.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

That is all.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If you haven't run into that problem enough times to have at least one go-to name, then figure one out. Talk about a weight lifted off your shoulders! Also, a go-to look helps. My dudes tend to look like Seifer from FF8 or as much like Solid Snake as I possibly can.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 22, 2014

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I always make my character look 100% identical to me to the point that my APB character is now freakishly realistic. I like seeing myself get ran over or fly through the air from explosions!

help me

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

I create a fleshed out backstory that follows the lore and commission an art piece from my ideas to help define the style.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

I create a fleshed out backstory that follows the lore and commission an art piece from my ideas to help define the style.

Can confirm. I was asked to make sure it was lore appropriate on at least 2 separate occasions.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Eventually I just started reusing old D&D names or using a generator to get more when I'm making lots of characters in the same game. For some reason Drow names are never taken go figure.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Wait, this game has a story?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Krowley posted:

KEEEEL SOME CREEEEMS - Chiza 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Krowley posted:

No, this game has a setting in which some characters say they do things but nothing ever really happens.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Sion posted:

No, this game has a setting in which some characters say they do things but nothing ever really happens.

So they're developer self-inserts, then! :rimshot:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Krowley posted:

:vince:

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Krowley posted:

HAHAHA!

Been playing a few other games using Nvidia Surround, so I've been leaving it on when I hop in APB. Sadly it disables shadowplay. I just wish games had a way to not distort the side screens and stretch everything so weirdly. There are no UI elements on the side screens and a few other UI glitches. Kind of fun, though, until my fps randomly tanks for reasons only APB knows.

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."
I'm looking for a game to arse around in for a couple of hours every now and again with my housemates. Would a group of 3-4 casual players be able to have fun in this game (is the early game player population high enough?) or will we constantly be bowled over by hordes of experienced players with diamond plated sniper rifles?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

If you keep your threat ratings low enough to play in the bronze districts you'll be fine.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

I'm looking for a game to arse around in for a couple of hours every now and again with my housemates. Would a group of 3-4 casual players be able to have fun in this game (is the early game player population high enough?) or will we constantly be bowled over by hordes of experienced players with diamond plated sniper rifles?

Just don't take it seriously, do draw a bunch of dicks on your outfit and you'll be alright. If poo poo gets too real, everyone can just get in cars and grief the poo poo out of players who are actively on a mission :v:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

You're not allowed to have fun in APB. If you do manage to have fun bad things will happen.

• Locked thread