Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Extra posted:

Ask me about how easy it is to install fog disabling client modifications thus ruining the event entirely in a way that will never get anyone banned.

You were saying?

Honestly I'm happy about this. Any competitive game should be played on as level a field as possible. Now all they have to do is find a way to effectively ban macroing (Like timing intervals between shots) and everything will be hunky-dory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I thought people just bound fire to their mousewheel.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

You were saying?

Honestly I'm happy about this. Any competitive game should be played on as level a field as possible. Now all they have to do is find a way to effectively ban macroing (Like timing intervals between shots) and everything will be hunky-dory.

The cool thing was it didn't impact anyone for the past 2 years and you could still 'sploit the entire event without issue and I'll bet dollars to donuts we can still do it in January without getting banned if one doesn't parade around the official forums or stream with shaders on.

DancingShade posted:

Maybe people should stop playing FPS video games on toasters.

Or laptops.

Ok ayn rand except you know the game was able to perform just hunky dory on mid end hardware before the chucklefucks at K2 Network got their hands on the client and progressively made FPS rates and graphical fidelity worse at the same time. Same or better hardware, 0 non-system required running processes except APB, worse performance progressively over the past 2 years. I'm certainly not the only one experiencing these issues either. Lemme go dump $1000 into new gaming computer hardware so I can enjoy this game with like the 300 other people who still play. Oh wait people with high end hardware still report poo poo performance with this game.

20 FPS differences with a few basic ini tweaks are not uncommon

Like people who take APB seriously or have ever taken APB seriously as an actual balanced or properly designed game are some of the most lol worthy people in video gaming. Still miles ahead of people playing traditional linear progression MMOs though.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I thought people just bound fire to their mousewheel.

ban those guys too they are exploiting also every 5th player is using aimbots, player boxes, etc.

in lieu of gold spam APB has broadcast spam:

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 20, 2014

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

AFAIK most other unreal engine games precompile the shaders into a. U file which makes them harder To mod and also means it doesn't take 5 minutes to start the game

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

:eyepop:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

its funny because those billboards definitely cost more than 1.2 million apb bux

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Percentage of people that know who or what that is: 0.00000000000000000001%
Percentage of people that give a gently caress about them doing that: 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Stuart Ross is a cool guy who apparently did all the sound design for APB and the extended version of the original menu music is really neat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46tv-dyzVqk

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
What if I told you that wasn't the original menu music?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That theme was so goooooood.

(also see Unreal Tournament 2003 for actual original unheard by most)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm still mad that isn't the menu theme anymore.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Daztek posted:

I'm still mad that isn't the menu theme anymore.

I like the new version. Did you really love the weird artifact sounds that much though?

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

It's super nostalgic to me because APB was something I'd not really experienced before. I'd not really done any type of MMO or thing with lots of online peoples and customization. So that song played as I fiddled with making my character or waiting for friends to log in and excited for what was to come.

It was those innocent days where finally not being bronze was a highlight and the streets were full of chaos I didn't understand but had fun seeing. Or, that time I clicked a little number on the character menu then found myself in only underwear as my friends laughed at me and I didn't know what the heck happened.

Or, when we finally made it to a final round and my friends yelled "run!" as we scattered in our silly little cars all over Waterfront dodging random vehicles and fire hydrants as seconds for survival ticked away while enforcers chased with sirens blaring. We ran like the criminals we were and actually won a mission.

Or, watching PJesus's stream recordings of when I ran down the middle of the street with a STAR blazing in futility to learn a thing or two. Or, discovering the unwieldy beast that is the Vegas http://i.imgur.com/RG3rYVR.jpg

Now it's a realm of self-hate and punishment that I still can't turn away from...
And I just got another year's premium supply...

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

I think that a big part of the new opening screen was that there was a big attempt to try and break away from the Realtime World's hangover that lingered around the company.

We were making our own thing and we making the vast majority of the new stuff using our own efforts. The game plays differently to how it used to but the community would always hark back to the golden days where everything was free, the gameplay was perfect and Dave Jones himself came around to your house whenever you installed the game and thanked you personally before sitting beside you and listening to each individual feedback point that you could think of in your fevered bliss. We made some pretty huge efforts to try and break from the past with Reloaded Day, the front end change and rebranding just about every communication we put out. Like it or lump it, it's a different game now and they're a different team now.

Also I love the text chat in that vegas screenshot.

Some things never change, I suppose.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Tis the Season and we've been checking our list to see who's been naughty and nice! We have some gifts for those that have been nice, but we wanted to also try a pilot program for those that have been naughty. Yes, you heard me right! Even those that aren't deserving are going to be given a chance at a good deed.

The nice all will get to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas which will start in a few days! More information will be posted on that very soon!

Those that aren't nice, we all know who you are. You're the ones listed on the FairFight bans list, and those that have been jerks to other players and earned yourself a permanent ban. We're talking to you. Your emails to support, while you have received a standard response don't go unread. Yes, I do actually read every story! From those that say, I only tried the cheat once, to your friend (sister, brother, niece, uncle, cousin, dog, ect.) accessed your account, and let's not forget those of you that email in cursing us out for you getting caught using cheats.

We've going to try a pilot program that will allow 10 select banned users for each server, to have all of their Armas items moved to a new account that will be placed on probation. Yes, there is a catch! Since it is the season of giving, you'll need to find a non-profit charity or hospital in your local area and donate 10 hours of community service. This isn't about donating money, this is about you donating time, helping serve meals at a local soup kitchen, or visiting your local animal shelter and help them out, visit a local senior center and see where you can help them, there are thousands of opportunities to do good in your community. If you're unsure if something would be accepted, just ask and we will let you know if it will be acceptable or not.

Once you've completed your 10 hours of community service, you'll submit verifiable proof that you've completed the Community service.

Verifiable means - a letter from the charity / or place that you've completed your 10 hours of community service. They should provide you with a letter stating that you've done 10 hours of community service, on their letter head with the contact name, number and email address for your point of contact when volunteering.

Provide your account that was banned email address
Character Name / Server Name
Date of Birth

And lastly, you'll also submit a letter with why you feel you should be chosen as one of the few to be given another chance. Please note: not everyone will get this chance, only 10 players from each server will be the chosen ones. So make sure you choose your words wisely and mean them sincerely.

All information needs to be emailed to contests@reloadedinc.com by December 20th at 5PM PST.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I just don't see the type of person who would cheat at video games being inclined to help out in their communities.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Wafflz posted:

I just don't see the type of person who would cheat at video games being inclined to help out in their communities.

I think that's the point.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The point is to not have to transfer any armas stuff?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Wafflz posted:

The point is to not have to transfer any armas stuff?

Man that's like 5 whole button presses.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sion posted:

Man that's like 5 whole button presses.

That's 4 more than it takes to ban them, let's not sell things short here.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Is this like a mod challenge where if I do it first I get their poo poo?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Is this like a mod challenge where if I do it first I get their poo poo?

Best idea.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is Something lawful on patriot/eu2 ded?

FUN POLICE.

I think this is the one MMO thing that I just keep coming back to.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
I opened like 14 free joker boxes from the event they ran the last two weeks and didn't get a single legendary. The best thing I got was a car rental for a year. gently caress my life. :shepicide:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Pound_Coin posted:

Is Something lawful on patriot/eu2 ded?

Yeah. Obeya goon team is on life support too

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

New WoW XP consumed all of us.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
So if you ever wanted a huntress they're incredibly cheap right now on joker. Of course this happens after I spend all my money and can't afford one. :smith:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
☆Sweet Love Kiss Cherry Blossom Kawaii ReiSama☆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMJsCu0fhYQ

Thank you for watching my frag video.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

i love this and i love you

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It was a good video.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I love this and I love Meis

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

not in it, voted thumbs down

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Looks like good times!

I keep forgetting to gif when I saw you torch a guy. But I'm wearing ugly pants in it =[

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My hands are trembling and tears are rolling down my face. I'm updating APB again.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

That was absolutely amazing. It's really hard to say I miss APB but... drat, man.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

HNNGHH

Gungame is super duper fun and it took me about 10 minutes to go from "Ha this is kind of neat and silly" to "DIE DIE DIE GOTTA UNLOCK ALL THAT BULLSHIT AAGH STOP KILLING ME". Naturally your progress to rank 12 will be impeded by people who play this game 24/7 and can ding you with a snowball from across the map, ending the round for everyone. Now I've unlocked all that stuff I can coast along accumuating points for the achievements that give the purchasable weapon unlocks. Hooray!

In classic Beacon tradition the long-range weapons you get equipped with as you go up the ranks are a mug's game and serve only to get you horribly murdered if you try to use them properly. Unless someone's been super duper tagged, just run around with the PSR (HVR reskin) and bodyshot them point blank like a spazzy shotgun. Ditto the Anubis, but now I really want one because I love how that gun handles.

In the AAEPD round it's easier to just run around blowtorching to death. The round after that is 300 points with the .45, which sounds challenging to anyone who doesn't recognise that pistol as a beast of a gun. I had more problems using the FFA (OBIR reskin) than I did getting those points.

Once you get rank 12 you get the Holly gun skin unlock, which is basically a cheapo way to get a chrome skin for all your weapons (With some light christmas doodaddery on it for flavour).

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I hope they keep gungame, it's really fun.

Apparently on the 24th Beacon will become Fight Club and Baylan will be the Christmas Event district.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Well, better hurry up and grind my 50k points so I don't have to play in Baylan.

• Locked thread