Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Songbearer posted:

Can you tell us any saucy Development Horror Stories yet
Soon™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I keep sayin' to get on the Teamspeak and no one ever does.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Sion i like your avatar

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KPC8BAka4w

Now is 1080p60fps

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Amazing all that upgrading and it still looks like poo poo.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Why does this game from 2010 not have cutting edge graphics!?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Didn't look good then either.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

No one played APB for the graphics

Juiced up shaders make for neat-looking trailers I guess, but did they ever fix the many actual real problems this game has?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Krowley posted:

No one played APB for the graphics

Juiced up shaders make for neat-looking trailers I guess, but did they ever fix the many actual real problems this game has?

You being bad at apb is not their problem!!!

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Hey, I was gold! GOLD!

And rank was definitely a reflection of skill!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Krowley posted:

Hey, I was gold! GOLD!

And rank was definitely a reflection of skill!

I was gold.

And I also sometimes forgot to turn off godmode but-

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/393759-patch-1193-851-thursday-10-am-utc/#entry4293529

quote:

We're releasing a client update on Thursday. Maintenance will start at 10 AM UTC and will take approximately 3 - 4 hours.

CHANGES & ADDITIONS:

MODIFICATIONS:
Due to feedback from the community, we've added a cooldown to the Mobile Spawner modification.

WEAPONS:
The Raptor 'Hawk' and Raptor 'Vulture', unlocked during the Christmas Event, now cost $17,000 to re-purchase from Contacts.

BUG AND EXPLOIT FIXES:

GAMEPLAY:
Fixed an issue where players could become stuck when attempting to sprint immediately after getting up from crouching.

:eyepop:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wow, 2 good fixes. Mobile spawner still exists and the person who thought it up wasn't demoted to coffee fetcher but it's a start.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Wafflz posted:

Wow, 2 good fixes. Mobile spawner still exists and the person who thought it up wasn't demoted to coffee fetcher but it's a start.

Mobile spawner is good shut up wafflz you're wrong

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Now they just need to remove the HVR

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sion posted:

Mobile spawner is good shut up wafflz you're wrong

I hope this is sarcasm

Daztek posted:

Now they just need to remove the HVR

Instead of removing they could just make a big cartoon boxing glove come out and punch the user in the face for 850 damage.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Wafflz posted:

I hope this is sarcasm

Instead of removing they could just make a big cartoon boxing glove come out and punch the user in the face for 850 damage.

It's not Mobile Spawner is fine. It occasionally causes some clowncars but the fact that it gives players more choice is a Good Thing. Players whined so loving loud I still have a ringing in my ears. Then we gave them elective spawning and they whined even more and then we let them literally put down a spawn point pretty much wherever it was needed and people still whine.

What I'm saying here is that ignore whiners.

Also if you have no one on your team with an anti-vehicle weapon, you deserve to get poo poo on for being just... just the worst.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sion posted:

It's not Mobile Spawner is fine. It occasionally causes some clowncars but the fact that it gives players more choice is a Good Thing. Players whined so loving loud I still have a ringing in my ears. Then we gave them elective spawning and they whined even more and then we let them literally put down a spawn point pretty much wherever it was needed and people still whine.

Also if you have no one on your team with an anti-vehicle weapon, you deserve to get poo poo on for being just... just the worst.

Who was the fun hater that gave the OSMAW the fire delay timerwindup timer

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Daztek posted:

Who was the fun hater that gave the OSMAW the fire delay timerwindup timer

Qwentle.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sion posted:

They make a game that was already heavily biased to the defense even more biased to the defense. Prior to elective spawning it was far too easy to control the extremely predictable spawns as defense and push them so the attacking team was spawning anywhere from 500 to 1000 meters from the point. Elective spawns forced the defense to play closer to the point since even 4 organized people couldn't usually block all the spawns (dockside waterfront and a few other areas excepted). Spawn cars gave them back the option to push way out and leave a car literally on top of the point and spawn in it if they over commit on their push and beat the attacking team back to the objective.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Then blow it up. Blow up the car. You have dozens of options available on how to blow it up, so blow it up.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

It's not so much mobile spawn as it is spawns in general. The proximity that ppl can spawn to an enemy and objective gets ridiculous. Car spawn made it even worse. I don't have the vids, but tested it a bunch with a friend and frequently got within 10m of them.

Mobile spawn is super helpful for those terrible areas that have no spawns nearby or will only give you a couple and no way to move in without cover. How broken spawns were, especially made so by mobile spawns, was a huge reason I finally got fed up and haven't played since September. It made putting forth any effort sometimes to clear an area pointless since you'd be swarmed by the 3 or 4 you just killed in a matter of seconds while still trying to complete an objective, reload, or resupply.

I'd just killed these guys, resupplied my nades, marked where their item was and was moving towards cover when they suddenly appeared so conveniently near by
http://gfycat.com/EmbellishedFamiliarGalago

Six grenades then came my direction.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Saying something positive in the abstract like "choice" doesn't mean the concrete game implementation is remotely balanced though does it. The car spawning was a retarded idea just on the basis that points can be sniped from 100 meters. 4 cars spread out in like a 60 degree radius from the point, good luck to you.

It doesn't help that the options for dealing with them are also crippling. Blow them up with grenades? You need grenades to take corners because the fatal flaw with the fighting in apb is the third person perspective makes apb cornerhumping the game. Grenades are a huge part of mitigating pop, pop you're dead and you never got a chance to fight me. Taking out an anti vehicle weapon doesn't really work well either because you still have to fight people and the anti vehicle weapons are bad at that. On top of that shooting lights up where you are up on the map so they're coming for you and your poo poo gun. Oh and of course you're depending even more on a pickupgroup to coordinate.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

OSMAW + nano here what's the story, what's the story, what's the story, hey, hey, hey, get outta here!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sion posted:

Then blow it up. Blow up the car. You have dozens of options available on how to blow it up, so blow it up.

Let's just add 4 more objectives that can be respawned over and over to an already defense biased game. You're kind of proving my point here.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
If only the attacking team also got car spawners.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You mean those things on the map that tell me exactly which corner to hump?

Clown cars are as bad for the attacking as they are good for the defending team.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Wafflz posted:

You mean those things on the map that tell me exactly which corner to hump?

Clown cars are as bad for the attacking as they are good for the defending team.

spawn cars are fine. in fact, theyre much more tolerable than your posting

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

spawn cars are fine. in fact, theyre much more tolerable than your posting

If they are only much more tolerable than my posting that's still pretty bad.

e: Apparently the cooldown is a 120 second cd on you and not on the spawner itself, so they just slowed down the clown car.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 4, 2016

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Hey I just got a new computer and reinstalled this game

Its ummmmmm well

anyway I'm posting in a deadthread

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Most of us are just waiting for the forum update, probably never happening

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Seriously, I forgot I ever played this game, but getting back in touch with the fun parts is rewarding.
Oh well

AshTheZombie
Apr 17, 2003
Undead
SO!
What's the real roll call here?
I play US server maybe two matches per weekend. Would like the company of other people to drag down.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

AshTheZombie posted:

I play US server maybe two matches per weekend.

That's two more matches than the game currently deserves :v:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Songbearer posted:

That's two more matches than the game currently deserves :v:

more matches than there are devs too at this point

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

AshTheZombie posted:

SO!
What's the real roll call here?
I play US server maybe two matches per weekend. Would like the company of other people to drag down.

lol

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
APB outlived Dust514

Stofu
Jun 11, 2008
I play as AndyJames on Jericho.

If you have any questions about anything in the game, I can probably answer them.
If any of you goons need a clan/teammate/help, I am more than accommodating.

We can also help you get to gold10 if that's your dream too : - )

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Stofu posted:

We can also help you get to gold10 if that's your dream too : - )

No, don't! Gold play is the worst, stay green forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Krowley posted:

No, don't! Gold play is the worst, stay green forever

• Locked thread