Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

There's the APB I remember. Queue up with a friend and get matched against people that blow up our car in under two seconds and it won't give us backup. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Mind telling us about your system's specs?

Intel Core i7 920
6GB RAM
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
nVidia GeForce GTX 285

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
I was bored and decided to peruse the "old" patchnotes and found this gem:

Version 1.5.4 posted:

Players will no longer hear the death themes of players on their ignore list

Which is so loving awesome!

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
The overtime is broken. Last night had one, but the item glitched to under the world, so no one could get it. We killed each other for about 2 hours till we got bored.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Downloading this now. Im ready to go crazy.

Jelly!
Feb 15, 2007

pAPYruS mEMBeR
In as Jellyhybrid

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003
I played around for like an hour making stuff in the music editor and I can't figure out for the life of me what to do with what I made.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Hey Garban, sorry I didn't get you an invite while you were still on, you caught me in the middle of a mission.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Is it possible to get the clan logo? I want to put it on my shirt.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

TerminalSaint posted:

Hey Garban, sorry I didn't get you an invite while you were still on, you caught me in the middle of a mission.

It's not a problem. The game wouldn't launch me into a mission and when I alt tabbed to figure out if that was a common thing it wouldn't remaximize. Might try again in a little bit as what I did see seemed pretty fun.

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003
Has anyone else been unable to login? I keep getting "error 8." Doesn't matter if I'm logging in through Steam or regular-style. I had no problems last night. :/

EDIT: Shows what I get for not googling: Emergency Maintenance

Nate Breakman fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 9, 2011

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Specifically, they're fixing steam logins, and adding an option to disable auto-ready.

A Fantastic Robot
Nov 2, 2010

Nate Breakman posted:

I played around for like an hour making stuff in the music editor and I can't figure out for the life of me what to do with what I made.

You can set it as your theme song. Bring up your inventory at one of the vending machines and then go to the 'character' tab. Whenever you kill someone, they hear your song.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Toastertron posted:

Step 1: Buy a Nulander Pioneer
Step 2: Pin criminal cars while they freak out on their mic.
Step 3: :smug:
Step 4: Receive GM warning

I think Eka-whatever got mad about us tking the everliving gently caress out of him.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

In as Robalonches

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
I've decided after doing it for one person that I'll be generous and do it for a couple other newbies. If you're just starting out and want a tiny leg up in cash, place any item on the marketplace for 10k (no more than that, please) and send an in-game mail message to NicholasAngel. I will buy your item and you should get 8k out of it, enough to pay for a few weapon leases and ammo, or new clothes.

Joker East only.

EDIT: I am also giving out free police hats, default black color for male enforcer characters, just let me know in a mail if you want one.

An Unoriginal Name fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 9, 2011

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

PhantomZero posted:

Intel Core i7 920
6GB RAM
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
nVidia GeForce GTX 285

Odd that you'd have issues with that setup. I have the same processor, until a couple months ago the same amount of memory, and an inferior video card. I can generally play with no real issues.

Fake edit: Also, lessthanthree, suddenly all the BFF stuff in teamspeak makes sense.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Downloaded it, installed it and tried playing it until I gave up after the dozen or so Punkbuster kicks I kept getting for "failing to upgrade Punkbuster". I used a fix from earlier in the thread and it still didn't take. I might install again in the future if anybody has any ideas.

It sucks too because it seems like it could be a fun game :smith:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
gently caress, gotta ask, are characters still limited to ten music themes each?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tewratomeh posted:

Downloaded it, installed it and tried playing it until I gave up after the dozen or so Punkbuster kicks I kept getting for "failing to upgrade Punkbuster". I used a fix from earlier in the thread and it still didn't take. I might install again in the future if anybody has any ideas.

It sucks too because it seems like it could be a fun game :smith:

Uninstall PB, restart PC, reinstall from http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Also yes, only 10 music themes.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Welp, looks like APB just hates my video card (8800 GTS). I was playing at 1024/768 last night with EVERY graphical option set as low as possible/turned off, and I still got some hefty unplayable framerate stuttering periodically. Updated my drivers and things didn't improve. :(

VVV Whoops, completely missed that. I'll give it a shot.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 9, 2011

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Vanguard Warden posted:

Welp, looks like APB just hates my video card (8800 GTS). I was playing at 1024/768 last night with EVERY graphical option set as low as possible/turned off, and I still got some hefty unplayable framerate stuttering periodically. Updated my drivers and things didn't improve. :(

Did you apply the tweaks I posted in the OP?

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Game doesn't even start for me, I click 'play' in the launcher and then the process starts and ends without even giving a splash screen or anything :confused:

I'm trying to launch from steam for what it's worth

edit: apparently it's a physx problem, thanks for not giving me any error messages you lovely game

Brooks Cracktackle fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 9, 2011

finna udders
Jan 28, 2005

mu

less than three posted:

Did you apply the tweaks I posted in the OP?

I just applied these tweaks for the first time, expecting no difference or a dramatic drop in the quality of the visuals and especially those goddamned textures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uUuRD_atfI

Surprised and delighted, A++++ would tweak again.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh my god the NL9 is real. I want it.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Installed this and got through the tutorial fine, but after 2 or 3 minutes in the waterfront or financial districts I CTD with an Uncaught C++ error. Basic googling hasn't brought up any solutions.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Post the log files in apb reloaded/apbgame/logs

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
http://pastebin.com/5An8t6u9

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
EU Goons, you still alive on this? Think i might give it a try.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

http://pastebin.com/5An8t6u9

I need the dated logs, such as 2011.12.09-16.01.00-14300.log rather than crashreport.log. Probably want to RAR them or something.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

less than three posted:

Uninstall PB, restart PC, reinstall from http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Also yes, only 10 music themes.

Redownloading now, going to give that a shot. Do you think giving admin rights to APB and PunkBuster might also help? That usually works when Windows 7 flips its poo poo over a program.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tewratomeh posted:

Redownloading now, going to give that a shot. Do you think giving admin rights to APB and PunkBuster might also help? That usually works when Windows 7 flips its poo poo over a program.

APB has always needed admin rights.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

less than three posted:

I need the dated logs, such as 2011.12.09-16.01.00-14300.log rather than crashreport.log. Probably want to RAR them or something.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4xbgqg9uvxa9nzd

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Just downloaded this and trying to patch the game but apparently the patch server is offline... is this something that other people are getting, or do I need to fiddle with my firewall or whatever?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
How's the game compared to the initial release? Cars still drive weird, constant balance whining, and impossible-to-assail camp locations like that weird area on top of the warehouse where you could shoot the barrel step away so no one could get up?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Cars still drive weird, constant balance whining, and impossible-to-assail camp locations like that weird area on top of the warehouse where you could shoot the barrel step away so no one could get up?

Better (turned out there was a delay on wheels turning, wasn't instant), much better (all weapons are viable), gone.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

ineptmule posted:

Just downloaded this and trying to patch the game but apparently the patch server is offline... is this something that other people are getting, or do I need to fiddle with my firewall or whatever?

Sonofabitch! I went and fixed the PunkBuster thing, and when I tried it out the same thing happened to me. They said I couldn't play without the latest patch, then Steam said the game was "unavailable" so I uninstalled it again.

Oh well, guess I'll be playing free Killing Floor in the meantime.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Arven posted:

Better (turned out there was a delay on wheels turning, wasn't instant), much better (all weapons are viable), gone.

Nice to hear. Seems like the game might now actually be more consistently fun.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

less than three posted:

Ltt are you at reloaded or something? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sion posted:

Ltt are you at reloaded or something? :v:

Nah. I don't have a fix for that crash btw.

• Locked thread