Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Farmyard Agency posted:

Anyone have any tips they feel a complete newbie to this game should know?

So far, I've taught one lesson repeatedly. Cars do not make for good cover. Not a whole lot of advice besides that though, since I'm still figuring things out myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nechronic posted:

A part of this is because there is no locational damage. Sometimes you can shoot under a car and hit someone in the foot until they die. This also means that you shouldn't bother aiming for headshots.

Actually, I was referring to the nature of cars to explode or to be rammed by other cars with people driving them. But hey, I learned something new!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

NaDy posted:

One question, i've been eyeing up certain items in shops, and they're locked until I get to a certain level with an npc, yet I can't find the npc I want in any district, what's up with that?

When you max one NPC, they'll unlock the next NPC in some sort of sequence for you.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I approve of car surfing as long as you can have at least one person on the hood and one holding on to the rear as well for maximum PARTYBUS potential

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I decided to reinstall this and make a Joker Enforcer. Now I need to figure out what kind of car TheKungFuCop will drive.

• Locked thread