Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Bought a 256GB M4 to go in my iMac. Thursday is gonna rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
You're a funny guy.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Yeah there different builds of all OS X releases.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1633

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Edit: wrong thread.

1997 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 17, 2013

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

z06ck posted:

Wrong thread?

drat it, yes. Sorry

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Speaking of M4s, if I'm on 000F and I'm having no problems, should I bother upgrading? If so, which version should I upgrade to?

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Boot time isn't much faster? I can have my computer fully off and be at the desktop in 8 seconds with my M4. How fast is yours?

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
What is the best software to check the health of my a Crucial M4?

Lately my PC has been having Explorer stop responding or stops generating thumbnails for images, I can't get my Corsair H80i get detected by the Link software, and my wifi card stops working. If I try to refresh Windows (8.1) it says that some files are missing. I know the M4 is a troublesome SSD but has worked well for me up until a few days ago. I'm reinstalling Windows right now to rule out software but I want to check my M4 before I start looking at other parts.

I was on 000F until yesterday when I went ahead and updated to the newest 070H and nothing improved. Should I stay at this firmware?

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
The EVO has such good price/performance ratio, it pretty much just makes nothing else worth considering.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Cross posting from the parts picking thread:

It finally happened. My Crucial M4 I bought in September 2012 bit the dust. Doesn't show up in BIOS, but I'm sure if I let it sit forever there it might show up. I have an older Intel 320 80GB drive to use in its place. Nothing really important was on there, just 8.1 and some apps so I'm not really at a loss here. All my real data is on other drives. I went to start an RMA on Crucial's website but they want me to call them to to tell them "how it's been used." Whatever the gently caress that even means. If they give me one of their newer, crappier drives I'll probably sell it and get an EVO.

Thanks, Crucial.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Looks like Crucial changed their website and RMA strategy in the process. I just got around to submitting a request for my M4 and it no longer requires me to call some guy to tell him it broke. Hopefully this all takes less than 5 weeks since I'll be moving at the end of next month.

I've pretty much just decided to buy an EVO to replace this drive and I'll use this for my secondary (steam streaming) PC.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Also Crucial never approved the RMA for my failed M4. I've waited three weeks. Guess I'll have to call and complain today now that I have time.

Take from that what you will.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Make a DIY fusion drive. Best of both worlds. /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
16 days to get an RMA exchange for my M4. Gonna delegate this to secondary PC soon enough. drat it Crucial, I wanted to love you.

• Locked thread