Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

So I just bought a Samsung 840 Evo 250GB, am I reading that right that when I install Windows 8 I can just only format and partition 80% of the drive and leave the other 20% unpartitioned? That way I don't have to worry about overfilling it?

I mean it sounds like it's unnecessary, but if it's a thing I can do, is there any particular reason not to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Welmu posted:

Install Windows to the entire partition. Then install Samsung Magician, enable RAPID & set over-provisioning to 20%.

Oh neat, thanks! :toot:

• Locked thread