Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-800
Jun 1, 2011
I was redirected here so I might as well ask again.

I am looking to buy a decent SSD for my computer. 120 GB will probably suit me well when I turn my hard drive now into a secondary drive. Any recommendations you guys can make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-800
Jun 1, 2011
I read the OP, I wanted input from more sources other than that. I guess that is not allowed.

Found a 120 GB Corsair Force GT on for $169.97 (Canadian) after rebate, so I will probably go with that.

Thanks for the help.

T-800
Jun 1, 2011
I got my Force GT the other day and installed it and such, except I discovered my motherboard does not support AHCI.

Is this a big deal and can I live without it?

Edit: Would you recommend only have one partition on a SSD instead of the normal two partition Windows 7 installation makes automatically? Seems to have been brought up a few times.

T-800 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 24, 2011

• Locked thread