Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
makere
Jan 14, 2012

Welmu posted:

I'm building a new PC for gaming & general use this summer and initially planned to get a Samsung EVO 250GB for the OS & programs. However, I can get one brand new Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB for less than $20 as part of a summer sale. The OP advises against Kingston drives in general but for that price I'm pretty tempted to get one unless the drive is total poo poo. Yea/nay?

Go for it. I think the HyperX 3K is decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Double post by accident.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

echinopsis posted:

Gonna get an 840 EVO 250gb but before I do I want to know if anyone has any good places to get that kind of poo poo internationally?

For EU, you can look it up at compare.eu.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Is PNY Optima 240GB better than Crucial 256GB MX100?

Both of those go for the same price (99.90euro) and I'm looking for the cheapest possible 7mm drive to replace a broken harddrive, durability > speed.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Alereon posted:

Neither are good drives, I'd strongly recommend you pick something that isn't known for severe reliability issues. If there's a store you're looking at post a link and we can provide some guidance.

Thanks, ended up ordering 840 EVO for 27euro more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012
So I finally got the Samsung 840 EVO 256GB. I only have 4 Gigabytes of RAM, should I enable RAPID?

• Locked thread