Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Well I think my 9 month old Sandisk Ultra 240 failed. I was playing Diablo for like 6 hours while downloading all my steam games to the drive when my system crashed. I had just reformatted the drive in an effort to purge Windows 8 totally and reinstalled 7 this morning.

When I boot up I see the SSD fine but when I try to do anything to it Windows times out. I can see it in the Bios but I can't even get Windows to detect it long enough for Crystal disk info to see it.

I abused the poo poo out of the drive, constantly installing/uninstalling/moving games between it and my other drives. RIP

Thankfully I got a 256 Samsung 830 a few weeks ago to hold me over until this one gets replaced.

Fallows fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
A friend of mine, who is also a goon, just bought two OCZ Vortex 3 120gb. I am trying to tell him to return them before its too late but he's pretty adamant about keeping them. He showed me his parts list before he ordered the stuff and he had two 830s on there, but I guess they sold out so he went with OCZ.

This thread gives me the feeling that they are going to jump out of his pc and murder him while he's sleeping but I can't find too many bad reviews of them to convince him to return them.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Bob Morales posted:

Better a Vertex than an Agility

My bad, they are Agilitys.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

xdice posted:

I'll also add my numbers. Samsung 830 256gb, 7978gb written, 18999 power on hours. I also have a Crucial M4 in the desktop, it's the "crap I don't care about drive", and it also doesn't tell me how much has been written to it (but it's been powered on for 20604 hours, never hit the 5000 hour bug.).

Another 830 256 here with 14795 hours and 36.37TB written. No reallocated sectors yet and wear leveling raw value says 14f, can't figure out what that means.

My Sandisk Extreme 240gb has 1.73GB written in 12819 hours and 1 retired block.

Both are 100% health according to Crystaldisk Info.

Fallows fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 17, 2014

• Locked thread