Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetraphagia
Jun 27, 2006

I picked up one of the Intel 330 180GB drives and installed it a few days ago. As I was installing Steam games and running Windows Updates, things seemed a little unstable, lots of Chrome and Explorer freezing up, but no blue screens. I ran a benchmark at the end of the first day and I got this (I actually ran it about 5 times because of the weird results):

Going over SATA II, so everything is about what I expected except for that final test. Installed the Intel SSD Tools, ran a full diagnostic scan (no errors), shut down the computer, came back the next day and re-ran the benchmark, got this:

Everything has been fine since then, but I also haven't really been stressing the system. I was debating RMAing just because of the weird early behavior, but now it seems like everything is back to normal? Am I paranoid thinking I should RMA this, or was it probably just a really weird fluke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetraphagia
Jun 27, 2006

dietcokefiend posted:

Is that first one connected to a Marvell SATA 6.0Gb/s connection?

I didn't change any connections between the two benchmarks. I'm not sure what the controller is, (AMD 770 chipset, SB710 southbridge), but it's going over SATA II. I enabled AHCI before I installed Windows, also.

• Locked thread