Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pym is the best character in the Avengers cartoon and also has the best moment of the entire show when he goes against the Abomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
They released an image from the upcoming "Superman vs The Elite".

:frog:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So wasn't Young Justice supposed to have started again at this point?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Maybe? It got pushed back to start with DC Nation or something, current given date is March the 3rd.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Oh that's not too bad, last time I checked was late Jan and it said the 9th of Feb was going to have a new episode so I was just wondering it had just been put back for months again. Is DC Nation also going to mean that Green Lantern is going to start being shown on the regular as well?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

E the Shaggy posted:

They released an image from the upcoming "Superman vs The Elite".

:frog:

Girl from NCIS? As who? Menagerie?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

jscolon2.0 posted:

Girl from NCIS? As who? Menagerie?

That's her, and she's Lois. Feels like an awful miscast to me, especially with George Newburn reprising Superman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's her, and she's Lois. Feels like an awful miscast to me, especially with George Newburn reprising Superman.

It wouldn't be a DC animated movie without someone being horribly miscast (usually that person is a movie or TV star who doesn't normally do voice acting.)

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

It wouldn't be a DC animated movie without someone being horribly miscast (usually that person is a movie or TV star who doesn't normally do voice acting.)
I've liked their celebrity voices. Chris Meloni as Hal Jordan was definitely weird, but it worked for me. I can't think of too many missteps.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Teen Titans GOOOO!.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I've liked their celebrity voices. Chris Meloni as Hal Jordan was definitely weird, but it worked for me. I can't think of too many missteps.

To be fair, Stabler & Hal are the same character.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jscolon2.0 posted:

To be fair, Stabler & Hal are the same character.

It would have been better if he played Hal as Keller.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Or Gene, the cook from Wet Hot American Summer

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Timeless Appeal posted:

Teen Titans GOOOO!.

Double James Cameron rererence, a Na'vi in a Powerloader.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Timeless Appeal posted:

Teen Titans GOOOO!.
This whole thing is just so weird. The whole idea of bringing back Teen Titans and doing these little shorts doesn't make any sense at all to me.

I mean, I liked the cartoon but it's been off the air for years now. I don't even think the re-runs got picked up by ABC Family or the Hub or anything.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

This whole thing is just so weird. The whole idea of bringing back Teen Titans and doing these little shorts doesn't make any sense at all to me.

I mean, I liked the cartoon but it's been off the air for years now. I don't even think the re-runs got picked up by ABC Family or the Hub or anything.

The shorts are packaged with other shorts. Think of it like animaniacs, where they had an array of sub series together, only the animation styles are going to vary.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

Teen Titans GOOOO!.

I wasn't a huge fan of this show when this came on, but I really have to admit that I found the starfire in this show way more enjoyable then her more recent portrayals in comics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Monaghan posted:

I wasn't a huge fan of this show when this came on, but I really have to admit that I found the starfire in this show way more enjoyable then her more recent portrayals in comics.

Everyone does.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

Teen Titans GOOOO!.
I quite enjoy Orko-Raven.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Timeless Appeal posted:

Teen Titans GOOOO!.

Pretty much everyone who had anything to do with this show went on to try and recreate it in some way after it ended, it's pretty amazing.

I'm pretty happy it's coming back. It made Starfire and Raven two of the most interesting characters comics gave the masses, and made Robin cool.

Like, made Robin cool. This show deserved more props than it got.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I saw Justice League Doom yesterday. It was very average, nothing about it really stood out. Some of the things that were quite cool in Tower of Babel just came across as incredibly stupid.

Maybe as a Batman fanboy I was too annoyed by him making mistakes all the time and getting his rear end kicked at every turn, but at no point in the movie was there any tension. I know the good guys always win in these, but even with the entire Justice League "defeated" it was impossible to even doubt a little bit.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

BioTech posted:

I saw Justice League Doom yesterday. It was very average, nothing about it really stood out. Some of the things that were quite cool in Tower of Babel just came across as incredibly stupid.

Maybe as a Batman fanboy I was too annoyed by him making mistakes all the time and getting his rear end kicked at every turn, but at no point in the movie was there any tension. I know the good guys always win in these, but even with the entire Justice League "defeated" it was impossible to even doubt a little bit.

Lucky! How did you see it over a month before it is out?

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I have a buddy who does purchasing for Mediamarkt, which is kind of like a European Best Buy. He often gets preview copies and perks like that. Since I'm the only friend he has who is also into comics, we usually watch these together. I saw some of the others like Batman Year One and Red Hood a while before they came out too.

By the way, Amazon says it will be released the 28th, so if you are still interested there is no need to wait a full month.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

BioTech posted:

I have a buddy who does purchasing for Mediamarkt, which is kind of like a European Best Buy. He often gets preview copies and perks like that. Since I'm the only friend he has who is also into comics, we usually watch these together. I saw some of the others like Batman Year One and Red Hood a while before they came out too.

By the way, Amazon says it will be released the 28th, so if you are still interested there is no need to wait a full month.

I have high hopes it will be good but honestly feel its going to drag. I'm not that thrilled about the next movie with Superman either but The Dark Knight Returns two-parter in 2H2012 has me squeeling like a little girl!

krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges

BioTech posted:

Watched it last night. I thought it was fun. Definitely felt like a successor to the Justice League cartoons, since many of the voice actors are the same and the tone of the dialog kind of fell in line with that. Rosenbaum playing Barry instead of Wally took a little getting used to-- I really expected Wally for whatever reason, but he does a great job. Nathan Fillion was a fantastic Hal Jordan, as we might have predicted. There are some cool sub-stories involving each member of the JLA which were honestly better than the main Tower of Babel storyline.

I guess I've been playing a lot of Arkham City lately, but I wasn't as shocked at Batman getting his rear end kicked in this one (I get killed more than I'd like to admit). I think there were several points in Doom where the writers really tried to emphasize Batman's mortality compared to his fellow League members. It worked, basically. I liked this one a lot more than Year One.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
From this week's TV Guide:

Guys, Vibe. Vibe's getting a short.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Has Vibe even shown up in something other than Blackest Night in the last 25 years?

What a completely bizarre choice.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 22, 2012

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
He was on JLU a bit. I think he might have even had a speaking role one or two episodes. Either way they certainly showed his powers.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I think evil Vibe was on Crisis on Two Earths.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Al Baron posted:

From this week's TV Guide:

Guys, Vibe. Vibe's getting a short.
I wonder if it'll involve breakdancing...

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
This comes just a few days after I read some list on Newsarama or some place of the worst Justice Leaguers of all time. Vibe was #1.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Up next on DC's list of properties to adapt: Extraño, Simon Dark, Forerunner, Superman Blue, and Bloodwynd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Extrano's gay and not white, I think that's against WB by-laws.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
Well Justice League Doom sucked in my opinion. Severely abridged, changed and watered down version of tower of babel. If you're going to do this story, for fucks sake do it right.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It was decent. Cyborg was included pretty nicely. Kind of reminds me of what Dwayne told me his JLA would be like if DC didn't micro manage the book to death. He wanted all the big guns, and one of his characters (either Static or Icon I assume) to be the point of view character.

It wasn't any better or worse than your average Justice League episode.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I found it odd that in a movie that has such a short running time, they decided to take a big chunk out of it to explain Vandal Savage's origin. Seemed unnecessary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw a commercial on Cartoon Network stating that the Green Lantern cartoon is starting next Saturday (March 3rd) morning. I liked the preview they showed of it so I'll definitely be checking it out, in a couple of weeks once they get done reshowing the preview/movie in episode format.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Darth Nat posted:

This comes just a few days after I read some list on Newsarama or some place of the worst Justice Leaguers of all time. Vibe was #1.

Bluejay is way worse.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't worry, I am sure they will update Vibe's gimmick.

Instead of breakdancing, he will be into Dubstep :unsmigghh:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Some parts in Justice League: Doom were just hilarious. Like the genius plan to kill Superman that only Batman could come up with. "I dunno... Shoot some kryptonite at him?"

Hal holding a robot girl for hours, while Star Sapphire leaves his ring right beside him, "He'll probably never put that on again."

Bane being so proud that he didn't kill Batman, just embarrassed him. Like that could never backfire.

Also I'm pretty sure Savage could have killed most of the League if he didn't even bother with stealing Batman's plans and just zapped the Earth to begin with. It's not too much of a stretch to assume that Vandal could shoot his rocket without alerting the League that there is someone in the Louisiana bayou slightly crazier than everyone else there.

I want a Flash movie or series already. He and his rogues are the best.

• Locked thread