Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

Takin' it slow at the speed of light.
Has there been any news as to whether any of the DC Nation shorts will be available online somewhere? Or maybe released later as a collected thing? They seem like they're going to be a lot of fun if that clip is any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

Has there been any word on whether the shorts on this weeks DC Nation debut will be available online? Maybe on iTunes or Amazon or something? I really want to see the Super Best Friends Forever shorts but don't have cable. :(

gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

So, just so we're clear, with Cartoon Network's DC Block, they have original short films that take chances, give different animators a shot at playing with the DC Universe, and utilize some obscure characters. With Disney XD's Marvel Block, they have cheesy dubs of old Marvel cartoons that go on for way too long.

Is DC putting these up online anywhere? I know the Super Best Friends Forever episodes are easy to find on YouTube, but I'd like to be able to support this kind of experimentation but I can't find any collection of them on iTunes/Amazon/etc.

gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

I keep flipflopping on whether or not I like Green Lanter TAS, but I generally like it. For every "characters get split up between two warring tribes" episode seen in every series ever, there's a great one like the Mogo/Saint Walker episode to make up for it. You're right that Razer isn't as bad as he seems at first though, and the story seems to be building up to some big event while slowly introducing the different colored corps. I'm pretty excited for the prospect of Larfleeze though.

gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

Liar posted:

Since they keep tossing out ring colors I'm wondering if next season we'll see some Black Lanterns... Of course it'd probably make more sense considering the direction of the series for the villains to be the Man Hunters.

I think I remember Bruce Timm saying during a panel at last year's NYCC that he wanted to stay away from storylines from the comics in the ongoing cartoons, and instead keep those adaptations to their animated movies. It'd also be hard to do a Black Lantern storyline here I think because part of the plot hinged on characters facing their friends who died or were resurrected which would require tons of setup. Also I think he's hinted that they want to do a Blackest Night movie adaptation.

Still though I think it'd be pretty cool if they did it.

gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Teen Titans is coming back as Teen Titans Go with the original cast next year.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=18781

I guess this ruins all my hopes of getting a Super Best Friends Forever series. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gogisha
Sep 16, 2006

redbackground posted:

Since it's all Flash or whatever, I hate how when a character shows up small onscreen, any black outline shrinks as well to super-thin, which just looks super-cheap.

I thought Beware Bats was CG like the GL series not Flash. Shows how much I know I guess. But as a little defense to Flash animation, I'm pretty sure SBFFs was done in Flash (or I assume as much since her pony series is) and I thought it looked pretty darn good.

EDIT: Never mind apparently I can't read. My second point still stands though!

gogisha fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 3, 2013

• Locked thread