Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

I tried to watch Avengers since its on Netflix but just couldn't get into it. Didn't help that it takes something like 5 or 6 episodes for them to actually form the Avengers.

Well the series does start out with shorts giving the background of all the characters. I also guess that the delay for season 2 is to launch it around the same time as the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kurui Reiten posted:

This is probably the first series I've seen in years, comic or otherwise, that doesn't have Hank Pym as an arrogant, wife-slapping psychopath, or that otherwise focuses on him atoning for being horrible.

Shooter may have written some great stories but he did serious damage to Hank and Ms. Marvel. Also all the atoning for being horrible should have stopped in Busicks run but no they have to keep on bring it back. In that run h ehad come to terms with his past and put in behind him, and that countinued in Johns run, but it was brought back in Austen's run. Thank you very much Chuck Austen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

To be fair, Stabler & Hal are the same character.

It would have been better if he played Hal as Keller.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I wasn't a huge fan of this show when this came on, but I really have to admit that I found the starfire in this show way more enjoyable then her more recent portrayals in comics.

Everyone does.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dr Christmas posted:

Last Joker DCAU role. He was the Trickster (just like he was in the old Flash TV show) in the JLU episode "Flash and Substance."

Forget to take your medicine?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

qntm posted:

I've got to watch Justice League [Unlimited] again.

The best quote in my book is Lex in Flash's body, having pulled Flash's mask off and looked in the mirror to find out his secret identity: "I have no idea who this is." On its own, the line is great, but remember this is shortly after Identity Crisis had just happened in the comics: an enormous and unnecessarily dark and convoluted event revolving around the ethics of mind-wiping villains who've discovered heroes' secret identities, leading up to Infinite Crisis. In the JLU universe it was a complete non-starter.

What makes it even funnier is that the person who voices the flash played Lex on Smallville.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

There's also the Masters of Evil in there. I think the problem is they've put the compiled minisodes as the 'first' episodes, when they were never really intended as such. The actual two part premiere with the breakout and Graviton works much better as an intro to the team. And it has the two great beats for the Hulk.

I do not know. Those minisodes set up a lot and are referenced throughout the first season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

Avengers season 2 is going to have some guest stars. A whole lot of guest stars (spoilers):

http://i.imgur.com/6WPb2.jpg

Holy poo poo. There is one that I am really excited for.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nilbop posted:

Luke Cage is one thing but ahahaha Winter Soldier holy poo poo.

And is that the girl from Secret War? I can't remember her name.

Yes that looks like Quake I really can not wait to see Winter Soldier also Iron Fist

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nilbop posted:

He's just an endlessly transplantable character that's really, really hard to get wrong.

Counter with Superman, who should be as bankable but who people get wrong all the time. Superman Returns, for example.

Yet he was awesome on Justice League, JL, and Superman TAS.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nilbop posted:

All overseen by the same dude.

I know I was just pointing out that he has been done right.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Actually, they only wanted The Hulk because they wanted to help cure him. But Spider-Man didn't know that, because the Avengers didn't tell him. Because they're dicks.

Also, The Wasp is seriously just the worst.

Hank Pym knows how to keep her in line. So does the blob.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Mogo would also probably be a bit more experienced since he's a planet and they tend to stick around.

Well he does refuses to socialize.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Galactus had eaten their home world and killed alot of them and there had been some other cosmic nastiness, the Skrull Emperor died too. So they didn't have the largest armada for a conventional fight (they've never tried one of those even when they did have a full empire) so they went the infiltration route with Super Skrulls and sabotage.

Then even more of their empire was destroyed during Annihilation

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MooselanderII posted:

I just finished watching Wolverine and the X-men. I liked it a lot. Has there been any word on whether a second season will ever air or is the show permanently axed?

It is dead but it is in the same continuity as Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

So a few sites now have been reporting an interview with Loeb that doesn't sound very good for the future of EMH. There's not a third season currently in production and all he will admit when asked about it is that they have big plans in the future for the Avengers franchise. It sounds like this will be meeting the same fate as Spectacular Spider-man, axed because the production predates the Disney acquisition and it will likely be replaced by a more kid-friendly show.

There already was a kids friendly avengers show- The Super Hero Squad Show. Also it would be a while that they annonce it anyways since its only in its 3rd episode of 26.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

It sounds like bullshit, but frankly, this is the company that decided the best thing to do with a well-received critical darling was to wait nearly a whole year before releasing a second season for no discernible reason. Plus, I'm always gonna be antsy as long as Loeb is the guy deciding what's good enough to get on TV.

There is a reason. They made it so the show came out around the same time as the movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I get that, but it seems like a much better solution would be to run it in half-seasons. I mean, I don't really know anything about TV programming, but it seems like there must be a better solution than total radio silence.

They also might have wanted to pair it with Spider-man or there was still a copyright issue with a character they wanted to use so they had to make sure that everything was cleared.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Is Jeph Loeb the reason why Red Hulk shows up in EMH.

Bendis made him an avenger.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Baron Bifford posted:

Darkseid seems to get beaten pretty easily in the cartoons and current comics. What was he like when Kirby first wrote him? How powerful was he compared to the likes of Superman. I get the feeling he's suffered some massive villain decay over the years.

In Crisis he was not beaten easily. He got shot with a god killing bullet then Superman beat him with song. In the Cartoon the only way JL beat him was by using the anti-life equation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's really weird that they would finally get the show kinda really running smoothly (at least in my opinion the first... uh... 3/4ths of the first season kind of sucked) just to do a big old time skip with a mostly brand new cast of characters. Are they going to do this every time? Because they're going to either run out of DC teenage heroes or turn into a Legion show.

Also, kind of weird that they would let Blue Beetle onto the team if they don't know what the scarab really is, which is the impression the episode seemed to convey.

That most likely means we will get a Reach invasion and him helping them stop it and then he will join the team.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I really wish Luke Cage would've said "Where's my money, honey?"

Besides that, what a great loving episode. Though since they've basically done an update on what everyone has been up to, I hope they move on to addressing some of the ongoing storylines now.

I guess that it will be episode 10 or 11 when the skrull war starts.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I just looked at the discripution of the next Avengers episodes and holy poo poo it looks good. GROOT and Rocket Raccoon

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

XboxPants posted:

I pretty much didn't recognize any of the villains, though. Are they Heroes for Hire guys? Anyone got any identification help they can lend?

Here is a list of them from Wikipedia: William Cross, Man-Mountain Marko, Señor Muerte, Spear, Gideon Mace, Cockroach Hamilton, Big Ben Donovan, Piranha Jones and the Scythe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I liked Lang in Geoff Johns run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Well, I suppose I haven't really ever read anything with him in it. I guess I might think he's great if I did, but I just love Pym. :(

Lang is also the one that used to ride Hawkeyes arrow

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

XboxPants posted:

drat.

At this point Pym just had his breakdown and beat Janet. He was also Yellowjacket.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gently caress you Loeb

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FrostedButts posted:

Okay, after this stunt and all the other crap he's pulled in the past from comics to movies to TV series, does ANYONE like Loeb anymore?

The sad thing is this move is probably going to make Marvel tons of money for being a movie tie-in. Yeah, forget trying to make an original and creative Avengers series because the movie made us piles of dough and we need to carbon copy it for everything.

I wonder if there will be a character named Sam?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

I think that's a given at this point. That's the name of the new Nova, right?

It most certainly is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

The Earth's Mightiest Hero decision has zero to do with Loeb and everything to do with Marvel/Disney. Blaming him would be like blaming Bendis for Coulson and Black Nick Fury in the books because he's currently writing the Avengers book.

He runs the Marvel Animation studio.

quote:

Today Marvel Entertainment announced the appointment of Jeph Loeb as Executive Vice President, Head of Television a newly created department. In his new role Loeb will work with Dan Buckley, Publisher of Marvel’s Print, Animation, and Digital Divisions, to create both live-action and animated shows based on Marvel’s extensive catalog of characters.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 4, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

I love EMH but I don't really see the problem with the new show. We'll end up with 52 episodes of EMH, which is a pretty good tally for a cartoon. And I'm sure they'll be able to wrap everything up nicely.

I hope so too but who knows as Loeb said that the second half of the season is all stand alones.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Oh. Great. Because we needed that kind of development. Next, EMH will have Squirrel Girl eviscerate the Red Skull...

Why what happened on EMH?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

My one compliant with EMH was that there was no Cosmo. Other than that they were awesome. I AM GROOT

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I don't know. I've never been all that much of a fan of Cosmic Marvel, but I enjoyed GotG. Kind of dickish when Iron Man suggested they should share info and they just go "psh! you humans couldn't understand!".

I wonder if Hank is going to end up getting replaced.

I wonder if there is any forshadowing Hanks fate

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

And then the girl says "*rann gibberish* JABBERWOCK!" to distract the spider tanks later on :3:

As for GotG, Kevin Feige has said that they're still thinking about/planning a movie at some point. So we may lose their animated counterparts, but there is the remote possibility of Rocket Raccoon and Groot on the big screen.

Which would be the greatest thing ever.

We might see them again when the Skrull/Kree War hits.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I think it was more reminding us that Banner's the foremost nuclear physicist in the world. I'll guess something's going to happen later in the season that de-Hulks him, and he takes Pym's place for an episode or two as the gadget-man he was in the Pak run.

"Maybe you better sit this one out, Br- did you just teleport the Kree to 42?"
"Like it's hard?"

Also Hulk is a lot smarter in the show then he is in other media. Didn't Bruce gain control of Hulk during Gamma War?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Bruce had control of Hulk for a long time back when Peter David was writing in the 80s pretty much up until Onslaught, I believe. Or, more accurately, Bruce merged personalities with savage Hulk and Mr. Fixit that led to "Professor" Hulk.

I know about it in the comic I mean in the show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

I forget, wasn't the flimsy justification for that costume some sort of brittle-bone curse from Hel or something, necessitating MORE ARMOR? Because I'm pretty sure that thing covers even less than usual for Thor. Thankfully Heroes Reborn happened* and got rid of that piece of poo poo post-haste.

*Seriously, as bad as an entire universe of Liefeld was, people keep forgetting that what it replaced was even worse.

You mean we will never get an animated version of the crossing then having to do Avengers forever to make sense out of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

So I've been doing a lot of web surfing to find specific Batman material lately, clips from the 90s animated series and the like, and I keep seeing people talk about Batman: Brave and the Bold like it's an abomination, and that really depresses me.

Oh noooo, Batman is being lighthearted! They're ruining everything!

Was it written before or after the series came out?

• Locked thread