Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
For those who actually like the show, the hiatus for Young Justice apparently has been extended to March.

At this rate, Legend of Korra will air before Young Justice season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

bobkatt013 posted:

Well the series does start out with shorts giving the background of all the characters. I also guess that the delay for season 2 is to launch it around the same time as the movie

The thing is I don't really like any of the marvel Avengers characters very much anyway. And I haven't really seen a story that sells them as a team to me.
There's enough things I want to watch that are not superhero cartoons that I don't really feel the need to acquire another superhero series.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

thebardyspoon posted:

Was the thing in the briefcase at the end of that episode supposed to be something we would recognise? Looked like part of a very small Starro to me. That was an ok episode, I think Klarion might have the most annoying voice I've ever heard though which made him not getting the poo poo kicked out of him disappointing.

Probably not supposed to be recognizable.

And Klarion is supposed to be weird and grating I imagine. He's a horrible demon child.

Speedball posted:

The YJ cartoon is certainly not even as quoteable as the real YJ comic.

The YJ comic is great to read when you're a kid but it's just too loving goofy now unless you don't mean Peter David's run.

I really enjoy YJ. It hits all the right spots as a superhero cartoon to me even if it doesn't have catchy dialog or the best jokes or something, but I cannot find anyone who finds the same way.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

jscolon2.0 posted:

Why isn't Super Best Friends Forever being picked up as a full length series?!

It would be lighthearted and fun, attract new fans to comics, portray female characters positively, and make shitloads of money given the magnetic appeal of faust's character designs and writing.

So DC cannot allow it.
It goes against everything they stand for.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
So was there ever an adaptation of Final Crisis or 52
Why would they adapt Flashpoint and not Final Crisis or 52. Who even gave a crap about Flashpoint.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
My testicles withdraw and rise into my stomach

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I kind of liked green lantern powers being limited to geometry because it made more sense to me then seemingly unlimited powers of temporary creation.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Why haven't they let Tim Curry voice the Joker in one of these animated specials or something.
Not only does he do voicework for these kinds of shows these days, but it would be a great easter egg/reference to how he was originally going to be the btas joker.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well the Beware the Batman intro has come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4iXANrrTk8

That's actually pretty a pretty fun song and some pretty cool imagery. Raises my interest a little.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

ToastyPotato posted:

Batman Inc., but with the description being the same as yours, only add in Batwing, Nightwing, and Batson. And Batgirl and Batwoman. So many toys.

But not the Cassandra Cain Batgirl. NEVER the Cassandra Cain Batgirl.

DC: We give the customer what WE want!!!!!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I feel that young justice had it's problems but they were massively overstated, at least for the first season.

Some of them weren't even problems, like brent spiner's joker. He was terrible, yeah, but one of the most overexposed characters ever appearing in a bit part of one episode does not drat the entire series.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

ToastyPotato posted:

Shuma Gorath is also popular for some reason. They actually had to put him back into to Marvel 3 as a DLC character due to popular demand, IIRC. I am actually shocked Omega Red didn't make it in either.

So omega red and shuma gorath are both popular for some reason and they were both mvc characters?
Could those be related.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

muscles like this? posted:

When I was at my parents' place for Christmas we ended up watching a couple of episodes of the new TMNT cartoon since my nephew wanted to watch TV and I don't think I'd say it "rules." It was competantly made but the episodes I saw were super geared toward the pre-teen age group.

Allow me to recommend "The Pulverizer Returns" if you ever get a chance to watch a specific episode.
It's a nice story where that funny comic relief character "the pulverizer" meets the turtles again.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

E the Shaggy posted:

Gonna be a long wait (spoilers for JL: War)

The Justice Leauge defeats Darkseid by stabbing out both his eyes and continuously punching him through a boom tube while calling each other assholes and douchebags.

Wait is that the comic or the cartoon

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Mr. Maltose posted:

To be fair, it was a show about a transforming robot that you couldn't make toys for because the robot doesn't transform in a toyetic way.

You can make toys of the robots that don't transform

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
No Mans Land show was never meant to be because it would've had Cassandra Cain.
The setting's gotten a lot of love recently with Arkham City and Donkey Kong Rises but neither had any Cassandra in them. Such a shame the character seems destined to constantly be not good enough for other mediums, much like how Waluigi tries so hard but still is not let into Smash Brothers games as a playable character.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
sounds lame but maybe kids will like it.

Like the 11 minute shows that actually work kind of need the comedy focus, it lets them have a huge variety of different plots that largely do not have action sequences or villains.
I don't think you could have something like btas or avengers emh with 11 minute episodes, there'll be no time for the characters or a slightly more complex plot or sympathetic villain or something.
It is nice to have a dc animated series on the air again and I like that looks very unlike the new 52 or the movies.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I've been kind of eternally meaning to watch that series for a while. I'm pretty okay with "ugly" shows and the thing is that it's adapted from a pretty bad comic event, blackest night. I like seeing stories go through revisions and adaptations and poo poo and so it seems like it should be pretty interesting to see something as lame as that comic become something nearly universally lauded.

I've just had plenty of other low entertainment and also have more important works I've missed to catch up on my to-watch list.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Because they don't.

Your selective memory is making Reboot look better than these shows, and if you ever view Reboot again your happy memories of how great the show looked will be shattered.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

i like tacos posted:

I still think it's funny that while Young Justice was on air, it universally hated. But then it got cancelled and then somehow people starting praising it.

not really, you are just really bad at reading threads.
People who hated it before still hate it, people who liked it before still like it, and really the last page hasn't been "praising" it that much, there's still pretty strong hate.

Besides why would haters need to rant now about a long dead show that's not coming back. There was still a minority of fans back in the day drowned out by the hate, they're just been sometimes getting a chance to occaisionally say they miss the show and stuff.

Like I LIKED season one, but I barely said anything while everyone was raging and screaming about it. What would be the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Google for the top five episodes.
There's a few really really good episodes like "seconds" and "the laughing bat" but a lot of them are just devoid of anything other than batman stops villains, one liners are exchanged, buy the toys.

• Locked thread