Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I'm actually pretty pumped for the DC Nation thing. The amount of new stuff, even if it's just shorts, is cool and a good way to get the most out of a property. I mean, they still have lots of time to fumble the ball and do things like shift around schedules and not air any new episodes for months like they are want to do but I have faith that they'll manage to not gently caress it up too badly.

If Warner Bros/Cartoon Network can actually stop making stupid decisions with the placement of their DC titles, DC Nation could actually be pretty cool.

I'm starting to dig Young Justice as I'm curious what the big pay-off at the end of season 1 will be. The only problem is that it has been over a year since the series premiered and we're not even finished with the second season. Either the production is behind schedule or WB/CN is behind on their meds.

Green Lantern TAS looks amazing. I wasn't on board with the preview clips I saw, but once I sat down for the one-hour premiere, I became hooked. There is some great character development, the writing is fantastic and the simplistic animation didn't bother me as much. This will easily be the crown jewel of DC Nation, depending on how the new CGI Batman and campy Superfriends cartoons turn out.

They could give Marvel a run for their money considering the majority of Marvel animations are severely hit-or-miss. Most of the DC animation actually have brains behind them from the Timm team (Paul Dini, Andrea Romano).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
Doom wasn't great, but not quite the jumbled messes that were Superman: Doomsday and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

The blu-ray is worth it for the forty-minute documentary on Dwayne McDuffie though. Plus, I liked seeing Wild Cards (one of my favorite episodes from Justice League) in HD.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Lobok posted:

Assuming this isn't rhetorical...

Spider-Man - 1967 animated series - 52 episodes
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends - 1981 animated series - 24 episodes
Spider-Man - 1994 animated series - 65 episodes
Spider-Man Unlimited - 1999 animated series - 13 episodes
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series - 2003 animated series - 13 episodes
The Spectacular Spider-Man - 2008 animated series - 26 episodes

and now
1.12 Ultimate Spider-Man - 2012 animated series

So far there've been 193 episodes in total, and still counting.

Not to mention the live-action shows he's had.

You forgot Spider-Man from 1981 that was 26 episodes.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Okay, after this stunt and all the other crap he's pulled in the past from comics to movies to TV series, does ANYONE like Loeb anymore?

The sad thing is this move is probably going to make Marvel tons of money for being a movie tie-in. Yeah, forget trying to make an original and creative Avengers series because the movie made us piles of dough and we need to carbon copy it for everything.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
I thought GL's season/mid-season finale tried to tie up way too many plot way too conveniently. Didn't anyone think it was pretty weird how the Guardians agreed to help the Red Lanterns restore the forgotten zone so easily? Not to mention how willing the Red Lanterns were to accept their offer? Seriously, all that history of murder and destruction brought to a truce so quickly?

It just didn't sit right with me. Something real bad better go down between the two sides as the series progresses because there is no way this relationship will last.

• Locked thread