Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges
Great OP! Where did you hear about Superman Versus the Elite and Dark Knight Returns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges
The Black Panther show/motion comic/whatever is awesome and if you don't like it then you obviously hate black people.

:colbert:

krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges

E the Shaggy posted:

Did I see the Avengers Academy in there??

Excuse me while I dedicate my life to creating and producing an Avengers Academy cartoon.

krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges

BioTech posted:

I saw Justice League Doom yesterday. It was very average, nothing about it really stood out. Some of the things that were quite cool in Tower of Babel just came across as incredibly stupid.

Maybe as a Batman fanboy I was too annoyed by him making mistakes all the time and getting his rear end kicked at every turn, but at no point in the movie was there any tension. I know the good guys always win in these, but even with the entire Justice League "defeated" it was impossible to even doubt a little bit.

Watched it last night. I thought it was fun. Definitely felt like a successor to the Justice League cartoons, since many of the voice actors are the same and the tone of the dialog kind of fell in line with that. Rosenbaum playing Barry instead of Wally took a little getting used to-- I really expected Wally for whatever reason, but he does a great job. Nathan Fillion was a fantastic Hal Jordan, as we might have predicted. There are some cool sub-stories involving each member of the JLA which were honestly better than the main Tower of Babel storyline.

I guess I've been playing a lot of Arkham City lately, but I wasn't as shocked at Batman getting his rear end kicked in this one (I get killed more than I'd like to admit). I think there were several points in Doom where the writers really tried to emphasize Batman's mortality compared to his fellow League members. It worked, basically. I liked this one a lot more than Year One.

• Locked thread