Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What were some of the improvements to the core game DE made? I heard they took out the dumb 'color coded enemies that have to be beat with specific weapons gently caress your combo' type things, anything else? I love DMC but I skipped the new DMC when it first came out, but I think DE may be worth getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

To summarize:
-Made it more like a DMC game.

Things actually attack, devil trigger isnt as much of a GoW rage of sparta (basically limited god mode), 60 fps, lock on...

More like a DMC game is what im going for.
Style still seems slightly linked to damage, or ramps up less quickly at least, that vergil fight had the style jump to A from the standard Axe smashes.

Sounds good to me, making a game 'more like DMC' is pretty much always good.

You know, especially when it's a DMC game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mulgar posted:

I haven't played the game myself but I recall that they didn't completely remove the colour coding system.
Attacking an enemy with the wrong colour weapon now deals damage and doesn't stop your combo, but the enemy doesn't go into hitstun meaning you cannot combo/juggle properly without using the right weapon. And you deal less damage on top of that.

That's much less dumb, my main issue was as I understood 'original' DMC if you hit a dude with the wrong weapon you just didn't do anything and lost your combo, meaning having a mixed group meant combos were a pain in the rear end to get going. If I can at least keep things going while I'm switching up that's perfectly acceptable in a character action game.

• Locked thread