Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

notZaar posted:

To nobody's surprise, Vergil will be playable via DLC, although he actually gets his own separate campaign, which is nice. Funny enough he seems to be sporting DMC3 Dante's haircut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm8v--DAmA4

This looks cool as HELL :black101:

Can't we get a Vergil's only game?

But only if they fix his derpy face :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

I believe so - I'm trying to find out if the guy extracted any more things - the only other things he linked to are the images of the gun and white-haired Dante, and some in-game pictures and a newspaper article of Mundus shaking hands with people and how he saved banking or some poo poo like that.

For a company renowed by their "artistc vision" they didn't even tried here, Mundus's face is the most :effort: that I've ever seen

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 23, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

Some scans of that comic thing.
Vergil's bad touch.

:stare: What the gently caress is wrong with Vergil?

The art is kind of nice at least.

EDIT vvvv

Wait, that means that the giant thing is Sparda or is just his dialogue?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

DmC CG trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36hwj29yeSg

Dante smacks a can out of a little girl's hand and makes her cry. And then he takes it to the MAN! While pretending to be Alex Mercer.

That trailer seems like is adversiting some DTV 'action' movie and not a videogame. :effort:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Renoistic posted:

I wish people would stop posting unmarked spoilers. It doesn't matter if it's lovely or not. Some of us want to discuss the DMC games AND experience the NT writing in all its glory by ourselves AFTER the game's out.

But everything has been correctly spoilered when was necessary and the other things are part of the PR for the game? :confused:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For grinding, I did the Boss Rush level on Heaven or Hell mode. In a few hours I maxed every style

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

NikkolasKing posted:

I noticed the bit about cutscenes too. Old DMC was very much about Anime Cutscenes where Dante showed off. DmC meanwhile left most of the action in the gameplay. Yahtzee once complained that it was great watching Dante do all this amazingly awesome stuff in cutscenes but he wanted to play and do all that awesome stuff. In DmC, you are the one doing all the moves and cutscenes are not there just to have Dante dance around being all super-badass.

Just want to point that you can do pretty awesome looking stuff with a mild grasp of the basic mechanics on the old games and once you master the gameplay the things you can do utterly eclipsed anything showed on the cutscenes (if you want proof just search for the True Style videos on YT)

DmC on the other hand is mechanical and repetitive, the game feels slow, with the lack of manual lock on is really easy to mess your combo hitting random enemies and worse, the animations doesn't even look that cool. The Vergil DLC is more in line with the old games style though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

What the gently caress?

The video is from their official channel, no audio however.

Those graphics are really bad, like PSP '1st generation of games' bad. I have no idea about MH but I know that is on of Capcom's best sellers on Japan so that could be healthy for the franchise's future (or we could be already on Megaman state), in any case, I take anything that makes forget the clusterfuck that DmC was

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Reboot? What Reboot?

'...Devil May Cry, a demon hunting/private investigation agency that seems to exist primarly for the convenience of those who are trying to find him and kill him' :haw:

I missed that kind of self awareness :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Those costumes are really sweet but I can't help but feel a little anxious about DMC going the Megaman road and just having cameos and shot outs in the future :ohdear:

Shame than DMC2 isn't that good, Dante's design there looks pretty drat cool.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

They managed to sneak in a, lawyer-friendly, image of Dante in the art book:

Shame it's never going to happen. :negative:

That is fantastic :haw:

To be honest, Bayonetta's proportions always freaked me out :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That Dante cosplayer is actually perfect, he really nailed the attitude (and he's on terrific shape :drat:)

The Dantoniades one looks good. It turns than he can be cool dropping the attitude and the junkie aesthetic, who knew? :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

They've been milking him for cameos fairly recently. There's the Project X that came out just before DmC, there's the Monster Hunter skins, and that Sengoku Basara stuff from a few pages back. Itsuno's expressed interest in making a DMC5 too. And there's the fact that, the original series at least, is Capcom's 4th or 5th best selling franchise.

Really it's just a question of how long Capcom will wait until they can pretend DmC didn't happen.

How many years passed between DMC2 and DMC3?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

It's astounding the Bayonetta's not a visually unappealing character despite her ridiculous proportions and beehive hairstyle. Like the character should look overdesigned, but nah everything fits together pretty well.

Really? She always looked too weird for me and that was the main reason I never was too interested on the game. Her design for 2 looks better though. :shrug:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I've only played a bit of NG2 but I don't think is really comparable to DMC, DMC is all about looking cool when fighting while NG is all about getting big combos. If anything, is better to compare it to God of War.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

NG is not at all about getting big combos.

That was the impression I got from NG2 and Dragon Sword, it was secondary to killing things though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I never played the first NG, I left NG2 after the wolfman boss and it has been years since that. Guess I was misremembering :shrug:
I do remember getting big combos on Dragon Sword though, there's a NG for Vita isn't it? Maybe I'll pick up that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

alcharagia posted:

I have, actually, and that's making me even more confused that people like DMC3 better than DMC4.

Edit: Not that DMC3 is bad, it's not, it's a good game, DMC4 is just better in basically every way.

Mainly because is very repetitive. You play the whole game twice, one with Nero and one with Dante.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

"Neca's Twitter posted:

It's finally happening. Dante from Devil May Cry coming early '15.

:neckbeard:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

notZaar posted:

Cool toy I guess? I wonder why they chose a design from 2001.

License issues would be my guess, NECA did had a Dante figure on the works back then but it was vetoed by Capcom (something about only wanting high end figures for Dante or something) and fell into the limbo. I'm very surprised that they're releasing it now since NECA hasn't do any videogame figure on a while.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

NECA's Ultimate Dante will hit shelves on March

Looks pretty cool and according to their Twitter will cost less than 30 bucks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

RIP Fedora. :qq:

Pfft.
---

Hey look, now the fight actually looks fast paced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xgiUSQCFRg
and the lock-on makes Dante flail around less like a spastic. Gee, it's almost like the complaints about its absence were legitimate. And they finally got round to giving boss Vergil a basic loving yamato combo.

Hey, now that actually looks fun!

NuDante's face looks loving stupid on the classic suit though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New DmC trailer with a new tease of the DMC4 SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uwXphKobMw

EDIT: The Compilation Artbook has also gone up for pre order. Is released on July 29

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 10, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Holy poo poo

Between this, Arkham Knight, MKX and EV I need a PS4 like; yesterday.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Peewi posted:

I'm curious about Vergil's meters.

Obviously there's health and devil trigger, but what's the blue one at the top?

The Concentration one more likely.

I need to get my ears checked or Credo sounds different?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

Now that's what I'm..talkin' about! Holy poo poo.

[e]: Vergil, and group image renders:

Not that I think is bad or something but it would've been nice for Vergil to get more changes to his outfit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First batch of DLC?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is pretty drat awesome that Vergil has an actual role on the plot but it is very dissapointing tha they didn't brought him back for good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

He got killed.

And then exploded.

And then his corpse bits was used to make the Angel armours.

As far as death goes, that's pretty dead.

Well yeah, but isnt like DMC is known for having a deep and realistic plot.
Just bullshit a way to bring Vergil back, I doubt anyone would complaint.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

Brb Nero, just going to hell to get your dad's broken soul back.

You have to admit it would be perfectly in character for Dante to pull that :v:

ImpAtom posted:

It's not like it really matters. Dude's been in every DMC game except the super-lovely one by this point and our odds of another DMC aren't great anyway.

Just let me dream :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
On DMC3 you can get Dante to comment how all the people on the town bailed after the Teme-ni-Gru showed up.

Oh and you see normal people getting mauled by demons on the intial stages of DMC4

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Vergil's Opening

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The DMC series can certainly be expanded, series producer reveals

quote:

In a new interview published on a Hong Kong gaming magazine, series producer Hideaki Itsuno has confirmed that Capcom certainly thinks that the Devil May Cry series might be expanded. Apparently the better the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition sells, the sooner this new game will come.
From the words used, it definitely looks like another Devil May Cry game is already in development. When asked on the matter specifically, Itsuno san simply stated that the new game hasn’t been announced. Which pretty much confirms that development has already begun in some form or another.

Probably just a bunch of PR talk but it gives me a little hope :unsmith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just came across this

quote:

n the Q&A for their latest financial results, Capcom said that thanks to the Resident Evil remaster’s high sales, HD remasters will be one of the company’s “key business activities” moving forward.

“HD remasters of our catalog hit titles will be one of our key business activities,” Capcom said in the Q&A. “Overseas, it is becoming difficult to sell these lower-priced and re-mastered titles at stores because of the declining number of stores and sales area limitations. Therefore, we started aggressive digital download sales activities.

“These activities created new demand for these titles. For example, overseas download sales of Resident Evil (HD Remastered) in the past fiscal year were far higher than we expected. It is not a risk but rather the growth of the download sales channel gives users more options. We regard this as growth in opportunities to have allow access for more people to enjoy our games.”

Uh, those are good or bad news?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Rumor

Devil May Cry Series May Not Continue If Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Doesn’t Sell Enough

quote:

This worrying fact has been revealed by series producer Hideaki Itsuno in a new interview that’s been posted on the Capcom Japan official Website. Mr. Itsuno revealed that he doesn’t know if he will be able to make another numbered entry of the series so if players don’t want to wait another seven years for another game or let Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition become the last release of the series they need to support the new release and let Capcom know what they think of it. Apparently the game will be coming with a special survey that will be used to gather feedback on the game. If you’re a huge fan of the Devil May Cry series, you know what to do in around ten days.

Dick move if true.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 14, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Anyone else picked up the DMC Graphic Arts?

Lots of really interesting info on the creator interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff on the book. Aside of the tidbits posted before, there's some that stood out to me:

- The series is supposed to be set on a fictional europe in the eighties. They didn't wanted to worry about having cellphones or computers but they wanted to have TVs :v:

- Dante's design was always meant to be that of a foreigner

- DMC3 was developed originally under that assumption it was a parallel universe, it was later that they worked it into a prequel story for DMC

- Not a real susprise but the team's original direction for Dante it was of this nihilistic anti-hero that reluctantly used his demon inheritance to fight evil. Kamiya was the one who came and said "gently caress that noise, he must be having FUN"

- For DMC2 they tried for an action packed B-movie feel while for DMC3 they were said to go nuts and just fill the game with over the top craziness not present neither in DMC2 nor DMC

- Lady's original look was inspired by Julia Volkova from t.A.T.u. The scenario writer wanted her to be an older smoking badass to serve as mentor for Dante but Itsuno pushed the schoolgirl look since "it was the only way for her to be popular with the japanese

- Jester was originally meant to be a different character from Arkham but after realizing that would conflict with the gameplay they were combined into one character.

- Nero was written first as Dante and then spun into his own character

- DMC4's scenario writer literally refers to Kyrie as "cookie-cuter admirable big sister type" :v:

- Sanctus was originally named Benedict, but then Pope Benedict was elected and they changed his name :haw:

- Itsuno says that NT is great to build visuals but they aren't used to link that to gameplay.

• Locked thread