Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes! The DMC4 on PC is actually fantastic, with Dx9/10/11 support, very good graphics and controls and proper settings for resolution and shadow and aliasing and stuffs.

Don't even consider the DMC3 PC port. Its unplayable.

IIRC DMC4 was the first Capcom game to come after the absolutely HORRENDOUS Resident Evil 4 PC port (which didn't include things such as lighting or mouse control. Seriously, worst port of all goddamned time. The cutscenes were pre-rendered, even though on the loving gamecube they run in-engine. Just so lazy.) Up until then, Capcom just outsourced the ports (which is why DMC3 is unplayable) but after RE4 being one of their best games and having the worst port imaginable, they took so much crap they changed their policy to do PC ports only internally, and they got much better.

The PC version of DMC3 has some major problems, but I wouldn't quite call it unplayable. Hell, my first time through I played it entirely on the keyboard.

It'd be nice if Capcom had done a PC version of the HD collection. I've never actually played the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Ah, you're completely right about the Frosts. Don't think I've seen anything other than that - not yet, at least. Any tips about the shadowy ghoul-like monsters? I use my arm three times to remove the shadow so I can hurt them, but is there a more effective method?

Charge shot 3. That's the answer to most things for Nero, really.

You can do exceed during the busters on Echidna, but I never knew about mashing when bustering frosts.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Is DMC4 still worth playing? Specifically the PC version? I am afraid that playing Bayonetta will have spoiled me on these games.

Yes it is and especially the PC version.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I've put taunt on X for Nero. Can actually do the drop kick without holding the controller weird. Not that it's relevant that often.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

For the most part I can hear him okay, but some of the sound-levelling is bad in places - like the Lucifer cutscene - the music almost drowns him out.

I think he's supposed to be muffled there because he has the rose in his mouth.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Oh, yeah. I remembered it as him having it the whole cutscene. It's just weird, then, I guess.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

WeaponBoy posted:

The only problem is that I loving hate the Sanctus fight. Sanctus 2 is ok because the room is smaller and he doesn't have that Phase 2 'gently caress it, I'm just going to escape and reset the bubble' bullshit. Sometimes he just runs away and never loving stops to cast a spell so you can get in and punch him. I'd say it's a toss up between Sanctus 1 and the Saviour as worst fight in that game.

Ah, who am I kidding, it's the Saviour. :suicide:

You know when the Savior tries to smash you in the first Sanctus fight? You can buster that to pop out Sanctus ready to be beat up.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

You'd think that but no, even trying that is slapping me back into the fight areas.

Read the message on the statue in the middle. If you do it wrong, more messages appear that makes things even more clear. There is no guesswork involved.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Also if you want Nero to move faster he gets an ability where if you run long enough uninterrupted he'll jump into a sprint and go a lot faster.

And if you press taunt while sprinting you'll do a dropkick.

It's not really convenient, but it's cool.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Hel posted:

BTW what is so bad about the PC version of DMC 3?, I apparently have it one steam but I've never tried that version.

It runs bad and doesn't look very good. If you're using a 360 controller, the sticks are swapped (though there is a fix available for that).

At least it doesn't crash.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

Metal Gear Rising 2 has been announced, I think? Though I don't know of the release date, I doubt it's soon.

It has not. There was a teaser, but apparently that was just for the game's 2 year anniversary.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'll be somewhat upset if DMC4SE doesn't come to PC.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

RBX posted:

It's been rated for the pc.

Oh cool, I did not know. I just remember seeing a teaser with Xbone and PS4 logos.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I wonder how they'll handle the character change with the new characters.

If everyone can do all 20 missions and you can do Dante vs Dante or Dante vs Credo without going through Bloody Palace, that would be cool.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'm curious about Vergil's meters.

Obviously there's health and devil trigger, but what's the blue one at the top?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

RichterIX posted:

Are there graphical overhauls in DMC4SE vs. the PC version? I can't remember if the game looked that good before.

No graphical differences in the trailer as far as I can tell. DMC4 has always been a pretty nice looking game.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

dmc4:se will be one of the first games i get when i get a ps4 this summer and i'm really frickin excited to play this game again with all the modes added in the pc release and the new characters and a better controller.

do we have any word on if any of the new characters were made into bosses for bloody palace or is it still dante only? it was always kind of a shame that you couldn't fight against nero with him and a new vergil fight would be cool as heck

From what I've been hearing, it sounds like the new characters and costumes is the only new content.

I'd really have liked some way for Dante to fight Credo and himself besides going through Bloody Palace.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

We have the achievements for DMC4SE and holy poo poo, they're gonna be tough.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Yeah, I can't even finish Bloody Palace without using super mode.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

DiseasedTempest posted:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but the min specs for this game say you need at least Windows 7, which I don't have. Does this mean that the game just flat-out won't work on anything else, or could you still possibly run it on an older OS? I meet or exceed the specs on everything else, if that matters.

It'll probably work on Vista, but definitely not on Windows XP.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Brutakas posted:

Vergil can do the dice trick like Nero can. Just hit it with Upper Slash and whatever number was on top will be the number for the roll.

You can just hit it with a normal attack with Yamato (not sure about other weapons).

The text when Vergil is at the dice game mentions using a gentle touch, which I assume refers to the attacks where he hits with Yamato in the scabbard.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Does Vergil have an extended ending? And if he does, how many kills do you need to get it?

The end screen said I killed 20+ demons and I'm not sure if that's a high or low amount.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

limited posted:

It's me, I'm enabling lovely DLC practices because I want to play Super characters. :(

The blue orbs though, does the mean there aren't any blue orbs to collect in game, so you can't extend your health without having to actually pay real money for it? :stare: I'm still downloading the game on my glacial connection currently. :negative:

No, Capcom aren't nearly that terrible. There are all the same blue orbs as in the original version.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

AccountingNightmare posted:

Just finished playing through the SE with Nero/Dante. The motion blur and depth of field blurring are starting to get to me and I really hope they release a patch soon, because while people have found a way to turn them off it involves hex editing. :waycool:

Most of the changes I noticed were very minor but might as well list them:

The game vomits up Red Orbs like no tomorrow. I bought all the Blue Orbs and Purple Orbs long before I finished my first playthrough.
As I noted before, the Speed ability now kicks in almost immediately which is awesome. It also seems to be a bit context sensitive. I was afraid it'd screw me up while doing the laser puzzles in Missions 9 & 10 but it didn't kick in. It also didn't kick in during the disappearing platform segments in Mission 7. It did kick in during the Free Running Secret Mission but apart from that it did all the right things. Great change.
Trickstering off a ledge no longer triggers the long jump into Speed ability, presumably because you don't need to do that anymore. Streak and Stinger off a ledge still do it though.
The tutorial against Dante at the start of the game is now tied to the Tutorial menu option, so you skip it if you turn tutorials off. This does make sense but you miss out on most of the Nero vs Dante cutscenes as a result which is a shame.
Boss music now fades out when the end of boss cutscene starts instead of ending abruptly.
I don't know if they changed Gladius AI but I had a bit of trouble in the Containment Room despite upgrading Snatch to level 3. The buggers dodged 90% of my Snatches. It's been a long time since I did the Containment Room though so this might not actually be a change.
Secret Missions are now no longer present for characters who can't do them. Very good change. Now people won't be wandering into the Royal Guard Secret Mission as Nero and wondering wtf a Royal Block is.
The final buster against Sanctus in Mission 20 bugged and didn't give me the triple-replay effect or the Jackpot! I haven't tried it again yet.
Only one save slot.
There's an extra message at the end of the game thanking you for playing. :3:

Again it's mostly dumb small stuff. Now to play through as Lady/Trish. :hellyeah:

Long jumps also don't happen if you run off a ledge with Speed going. You have to use streak/stinger.
You have to go through the lost woods 4 times instead of 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I really thought that'd be Space Jam remixes of the DMC4 music and not random stuff.

• Locked thread