Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

It'll be a preview of the playable Vergil they're doing for DMC5.

... right?

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they were focusing on another Dante/Vergil story for a hypothetical DMC5. Guy clearly has a fanbase.

Also, I'm naively hoping us PC scrublords will get the manual lock-on and Virgil bloody palace for the PC version of the game. I doubt it, but I can keep hoping, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
GameSpot has published some DmC Definitive Edition gameplay, though given they don't really use any of the new options available, I kind of question the point of the video. Still, if anyone cares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffdFZY-ve8

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
They aren't using Turbo Mode though :psyduck:

Also, they've released another video, this time showing the Vergil version of Bloody Palace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11bJO_63DC8

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That's so weird considering they removed some explicit dialogue from the game. For example: Lilith cuts from "at last the world is your bitch" to "what's the matter?" rather abruptly, and the whole section with her saying "and so am I blah blah please gently caress me" has been removed (not even particularly elegantly I might add).

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm pleased to announce that the sniper abortion scene is still in. :downs:

Oxxidation posted:

Did NT even make these cuts or was it all Capcom?

NT worked on the remaster directly. No way to tell whose idea it was, though.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Also their mo-capped faces seriously nauseate me, it's like the characters' flesh is some separate organism that latched onto their bare, smooth skulls.

Stylistic choice. Every character is a demon except for Kat whose BIG EYES are windows into her gentle soul.

(I don't find the mocapped facial animations to be that bad at all, considering the industry standards.)

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Has it already been seven years? Jesus gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'd rather the developers weren't petty, but that's just me :shrug:

• Locked thread