Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Honestly right now anything that gets in the way of me getting my Peter Jackson directed Tintin sequel is something I'm going to want to fight.

And his Producing of The Dambusters. He can do those two then do whatever he wants after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Dan Didio posted:

Isn't there a Goblin King in the Hobbit!?

:shepface:

Yes, the goblin king is this guy. Barry Humphries.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Geekboy posted:

I am, no joke, going to start putting together a plan to go to New Zealand on vacation in the next year or two. I have a month or two before I will have a clear idea of what a recent change in my financial situation is going to look like, but as soon as that shakes out I'm putting money back every month and making this happen.

God, what a beautiful place.

It's a great place to drive around. I did 2 weeks in 2000 during the olympic games (cheap flights out of australia at the time) but it wasn't enough for both islands. We drove heaps of places but a lot of the more sightseeing places were under clouds or rain. 2 weeks per island would be great though.

Great video, bit quick but I suppose they'll have hours and hours of special features :D

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Best video.

End is great, they should release more footage of that with the greenscreens in it, let people make thier own backgrounds for that awesome clip.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Not completely, the distance between both lenses is still only a number of centimeters on average. No doubt forced perspective works but you probably can't stray from the 'sweet spot' too much.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Finally get to help produce the Dambusters remake that has been sidelined by this hobbit thing. Chirstian Rivers (storyboard/animatic artist for LOTR) will direct it. They've been building and buying props for the movie for years now and testing out camera rigs on the Lancaster mockups.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well because the first film is probably done storywise and they know how they'll end it and now it's just editing and VFX work.

A third movie? Obviously PJ is going to finally film The Scouring of the Shire before Christopher Lee passes and will re-release ROTK with the proper ending.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Ok, the hobbit soundtrack tracklist is here, and it gives a pretty spoilerific beat-by-beat account of the film's structure, so read at your own risk.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69518

Oh wow...

"...(Extended Version) performed by Neil Finn"

That is cool. Split Enz/Crowded House hobbit songs :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Finn

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hey, they wrote the Goldeneye theme which is pretty awesome.

But in this setting? Yeah hopefully not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It was indeed a long red carpet (for those who didn't see)

• Locked thread