Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

feedmyleg posted:

Yes, you are crazy. Everything about him in the trailer was perfect and he has a fantastic track record of playing similar characters.

I can't see Freeman being the weak link either, I've loved him in everything I've ever seen him in.
Then again I think Elijah Wood is a great actor actor as well, and for some reason he has a single facial expression throughout the whole trilogy. You know what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I'd also assume that if a certain shot doesn't work in 3D due to the forced perspective, they might just adjust those in post.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Jesto posted:

Literally no one watches Lord of the Rings for the romance subplot of all things. When Arwen comes on screen during that dream sequence or whatever it is I just impatiently wait for to be over so the actual story can progress. Why even bother?

Sorry, wrong. You don't watch it for that and neither do I. You probably won't find a lot of people who watch LotR for the romance plot on these boards. But I can tell you that the movies earned their billion dollars by appealing to "teenage girls" as well. I actually know a couple who wouldn't shut up about Arwen and Aragorn.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The "Misty Mountain" theme wasn't even written by Shore, he just worked it into the score after he saw how powerful it was. I suspect that might be why he hasn't gotten many awards acclaim, because it's not 100% his work.

I didn't know that. Do you have a source or some further information on who wrote it?

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
That song is pretty good, and I'm not sure Ed Sheeran counts as a "who the hell is this?" after a number one album and a string of top ten hits.
EDIT: Granted, that was in the UK, and both the album and the singles charted a bit lower in the US. But still, he's far from a no name. Emiliana was a lot more obscure when she did Gollum's Song (though she turned out to be a great pick).

DominoDancing fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 5, 2013

• Locked thread