Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I love how the landscape we see in the two big outdoor shots are again visually distinct from all the other Middle Earth scenery we saw in Lord of the Rings. What we see in the trailer looks something like Northern Ireland or Scottish highlands to me, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"You see this sword? I'm gonna teach you to speak Westron with this loving sword!"

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And then they enter the art department, and pretty much the entire background is blurred out :v:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Maybe the White Council will pool their Elven rings Captain Planet-style, blowing up Dol Guldur.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wizards fly business class, of course.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AccountSupervisor posted:

That theater is not real 70ft IMAX.

Honestly, I'm just glad anywhere outside the US is getting HFR 3D at all. About half of Pathe's theatres (ten or so) will do HFR 3D, according to their website. Two smaller chains in the Netherlands don't mention HFR at all anywhere.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

rypakal posted:

The whole concept of adolescence is a 20th century invention. And it was best to not coddle or get to close to children until they reached puberty, when their odds of surviving into their 20s increased dramatically.

Actually, when child mortality rates are very high it is always until a child is about 4 years old, then his life expectancy rises dramatically. Adolescence has very little to do with it, as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

euphronius posted:

In JRRT's mind, death is a gift from God.

Considering he lived through WWI trench warfare, I can see how he arrived at that conclusion.

• Locked thread