Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Damnable Fiend
Mar 30, 2011

by I Ozma Myself

Basically, his 14 year old son, who has Downs Syndrome and goes to Central Middle School in the St. Louis area, has been suspended for hugging a bus attendant, and she is threatening to charge him for sexual harassment in juvenile court.

We made a reddit thing because it seemed like a good way to get help.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...arold_boy_with/

here are his words (also in the reddit message, but it seems like a good idea to have them here, too)

quote:

"This is what my ex (Tonia Fujimoto) posted on her wall:
"Just wanting to let people know that live in the Park Hills MO area that our local school (Central Middle School) has suspended my 14 year old Down Syndrome son for hugging and "humping" his school bus aide. She complained about it saying it made her uncomfortable and he was suspended due to sexual harrassment. The school bus aide and the school are pressing charges against him for sexual harras...sment and he may be arrested tomorrow. The school is refusing to cooperate with me. He is suspended till further notice until and investigation can be made and completed. I have asked to see the tape on the bus but they refuse to show it to me stating confidetiality, yet he was they only child left on the bus. It was stated that he done this at the time that his personal home aide was getting him off the bus which his personal home aide has stated that this didn't occur that he just hugged her. The first time I talked to them they said that there was audio where you could hear her calling for help but they were not on camera and that was about 10 in the morning when I got that call and then I called them after 3 in the afternoon and was told that there was no audio and that I was not allowed to see the tape due to confidetiality."
This is Fox news (St. louis channel 5) covering the story: http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/29...ual-harrassment
This is wrong on so many levels. I am tired of this bull poo poo. At this point, I do not know what to do except spread the word and hope that people will come forth and help him and my ex.
I just got Aleczander and Alizabeth back in my life. If they do detain him and place him in juvi, they would have to place him in solitary confinement due to the special nature. If something like this happens, it will imprint on him something harsh. I cannot let this happen.
Please spread this to the four corners of the world. I want EVERYONE know how heartless this school district is.
My name on FB is Marion Scott III, my ex's Toni Fujimoto.
Again, please help us."

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravellinDan
Feb 20, 2006

Wa...ter?

This, together with the boy that was charged for calling his teacher cute, makes me wonder how these people survive in society on a daily basis, let alone with children. I really don't understand.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Happiness is a tight butt and flat tummy. I have neither but yours looks awesome BTW do you have any beer?

So your OP says threatining to charge, then in the next paragraph you say they are pressing charges. Which is it?

School bus driver sounds like she got the poo poo scared out of her from a dry-hump session.

Time for a good lawyer, not goon advice.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

quote:

Aleczander and Alizabeth

Holy poo poo.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Holy poo poo.

Yeah, really.

Great_Gerbil
Sep 1, 2006
Rhombomys opimus

Well, we don't know any facts here. Everyone agrees that he hugged her, though and she's well within her rights here. Not that I want to see this kid locked up, but you're not really giving us anything here.

E: Also, that poster sounds like a raving lunatic rear end in a top hat so...

horn section
Aug 20, 2009

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
(clap clap clap clap)
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
(clap clap clap clap)

As someone who is routinely sexually harassed and touched by the retarded girl at work, I applaud this woman's courage to fight back against the mongoloid menace.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Holy poo poo.

TThis the true tragedy. Haul those monstrous parents into family court.

thiscommercialsucks
Jun 13, 2009

by T. Mascis

He must have been retarded to get sexual with a bus driver because those women are usually loving heinous.

Allergic Clown Dud
Aug 13, 2007

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

When they say school bus aide, do they mean an attendant for the entire school bus or a special handler for him? I assume it's not the driver, and when I was in elementary/middle school they never had adults in attendance on the regular school buses other than the driver, but maybe things have changed now.

Also, where does it say "she" is charging him? He did something that was pretty clearly inappropriate, even if there are mitigating factors, and she reported it because frankly that's something (sexual harassment, right up to mimicking sexual acts) that public school employees should not have to deal with on the job. The problem here, if any, is that the system doesn't have the capability to deal with this sort of situation with any kind of nuance, not that the victim of sexual harassment refused to literally take it lying down.

For reference, here's the article's description of the incident:

quote:

"Alec approached (the school bus aide) on the bus for a hug and she told him no and tried to push him off her. He proceeded to lay on her and (mimic a sex act, while clothed). She tried to push him off her and hollered for help. When she finally was able to get him off of her, he ran to the back of the bus. After a lot of coaxing, Alec finally got up and got off the bus."

Yeahhhhh, I'm going to say that's not something that a mentally disabled kid should get his life ruined for but it's not something that ought to be endured as "cute" either.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Was the kid going to school to train as a butt doctor?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Next time PT6A makes you want to buy him another red title, instead please donate to the Alberta Children's Hospital that he hates so much.

Yeah, my guess is that arresting the kid with Down's Syndrome isn't going to really help much, but on the other hand, that kind of thing can't just be ignored.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DoNgHuFfa 69 posted:

These things are loving horrid

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
VAGINA AVOIDER; LEADER OF THE BIBLE STUDY GROUP; WETTEST BLANKET

This is why I refuse to hug anyone or allow any physical contact.

Because I'm also retarded.

Isn't there special rules for "special" kids? I mean, sometimes you get violent outbursts or poo flung at you, and you aren't exactly hauling them to jail for every encounter.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

DoNgHuFfa 69 posted:

Why would you post this stupid poo poo?

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Damnable Fiend posted:

"Just wanting to let people know that live in the Park Hills MO area that our local school (Central Middle School) has suspended my 14 year old Down Syndrome son for hugging and "humping" his school bus aide."

My guess is that it's more to do with "humping" and less to do with "hugging". I can see how that would be pretty unwanted.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

smells like evil

JerryLee posted:

Yeahhhhh, I'm going to say that's not something that a mentally disabled kid should get his life ruined for but it's not something that ought to be endured as "cute" either.

I completely agree with this, which is why I think it's hosed up that the school won't let the parents see the videotape. If the kid didn't try to dry-hump her then the whole thing needs to be dropped, and if he did, the parents should see the evidence of it so they understand that his behavior needs to be worked on.

Damnable Fiend
Mar 30, 2011

by I Ozma Myself

We're not 100% certain whether charges will be filed yet. Sorry for the lousy/inaccurate thread title. That's on me, not the father.

He has been suspended, for now, and "The notice from district officials reads "This incident has been referred to juvenile.""

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

Why is he attending a public school?

Hot Sauce Batman
Oct 8, 2011

by T. Finninho

This happened to me once. I was in grade school (so like 7 or 8? I don't remember) and got pushed down by my friend during recess. I fell on top of a fat girl who ran home and told her parents I'd sexually harassed her. My parents pulled me out of school instead of risking charges.

Basically America is hosed.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Eagerly awaiting speculation on whether a girl with down syndrome would be prosecuted in this situation, if the bus aide had been male.

Keri
Oct 22, 2003
helo internet

bonestructure posted:

I completely agree with this, which is why I think it's hosed up that the school won't let the parents see the videotape.

I think it's out of concern for the privacy of the school aide, that the school won't release the video to the parents. If the aide gives permission for the video to be released, then the parents should be permitted to view it.

Damnable Fiend
Mar 30, 2011

by I Ozma Myself

Public schools often have Special Needs children attending them, at least where I live. Obviously, they don't attend regular classes for the most part, though.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Hot Sauce Batman posted:

This happened to me once. I was in grade school (so like 7 or 8? I don't remember) and got pushed down by my friend during recess. I fell on top of a fat girl who ran home and told her parents I'd sexually harassed her. My parents pulled me out of school instead of risking charges.

Basically America is hosed.

From your description it sounds like "this," as in the topic of this thread, absolutely did not happen to you. Since, you know, you didn't (allegedly) push a school employee over and dry-hump her.

thiscommercialsucks
Jun 13, 2009

by T. Mascis

Creepy Goat posted:

Eagerly awaiting speculation on whether a girl with down syndrome would be prosecuted in this situation, if the bus aide had been male.

If that happened then I'd be like "Way to go bro!" and do a high five because he scored some pussy!

Hot Sauce Batman
Oct 8, 2011

by T. Finninho

JerryLee posted:

From your description it sounds like "this," as in the topic of this thread, absolutely did not happen to you. Since, you know, you didn't (allegedly) push a school employee over and dry-hump her.

True, I guess missed the pushing part and pictured this more as something like that kid who called the teacher cute.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

astrollinthepork posted:

Why is he attending a public school?

Because tax dollars pay for it, and it is the law?

Charter and private schools don't want 'challenging' students, and don't have to take them, which means that people who can afford to buy their kids out of public school do, and people who can't get more resource-intensive children per cap.

The end game is they have less money for non-special needs stuff, which means they suck more, which means they get closed, which means there are fewer union school teachers, which less union power, and more public money going into private for-profit education.

Working as intended.

Ultras Lazio
May 22, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dear stupid driver, the only mentally damaged person here is you. Your total lack of patience and compassion is bewildering.

Could you just not have laughed about it and have a quiet word with the parents?

You useless, miserable gently caress.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

There are plenty of alternatives to involving the police such as banning him from using the bus. Pretty simple solution - although I still think it's too harsh.

I don't understand why the school are being so strong-handed about this. He's obviously mentally challenged so doesn't operate like a regular person. In my experience with mentally challenged people they still understand when they are being scolded. I have little doubt he could be made to realise his actions aren't going to be tolerated without severely messing him up by arresting him.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Damnable Fiend posted:

Public schools often have Special Needs children attending them, at least where I live. Obviously, they don't attend regular classes for the most part, though.

Yeah, my school was like that. There was one mentally retarded girl with an electric wheelchair, and she would just plow through crowds with it and run people over. Also, for some reason a retarded kid attended my current events class, and he would fairly regularly scream loudly during the class. Dunno why the heck they did it, he obviously didn't have the mental capacity to understand what was going on, and he was incredibly disruptive.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Happiness is a tight butt and flat tummy. I have neither but yours looks awesome BTW do you have any beer?

truther posted:

I don't understand why the school are being so strong-handed about this.
Total speculation on my part, but $5 says this isn't the first time.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

If I found out my retard child Alejecopto tried to gently caress the busdriver the first thing I would do would be to let as many people as humanly possible become aware that this happened.

pants cat
Mar 15, 2005

Ultras Lazio posted:

Dear stupid driver, the only mentally damaged person here is you. Your total lack of patience and compassion is bewildering.

Could you just not have laughed about it and have a quiet word with the parents?

You useless, miserable gently caress.

Oh shut the gently caress up. I personally have extensive experience of working and mixing with developmentally disabled teens and adults, and let me tell you some of them are rampant horndogs who won't take no for an answer - you can end up in some scary situations. Charging them with sexual harassment is not the way forward, but it must be acknowledged these are adult human beings and have urges and desires just like anyone else, with usually little outlet, and it's hard to curb it. It's a really sad situation.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

pants cat posted:

I personally have extensive experience of working and mixing with developmentally disabled teens and adults, and let me tell you some of them are rampant horndogs who won't take no for an answer

Because they can't, because they are developmentally disabled.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

So I parallel double park that mutha fucka sideways
Old folks talkin bout "Back in my day..."
But homie this is my day

The mother should be the one locked up. Seriously, you name your two kids Aleczander and Alizabeth?? How do you even pronounce the second one? Also, OP, why does she say that she just got the kids back in her life? Were they taken away by child services at some point?

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!

Regardless of him being retarded, and regardless of him maybe having a backstory of doing this, wouldn't the best action be to talk about the parents first before a lawsuit?
Or did this already happen and this is the sixth time she's harassed? Context matters here.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Yeah, gotta side with the bus aide on this one. She deserves a safe working environment, and to that end she's completely entitled to complain when someone knocks her down and begins humping her.

Ed. If she were posting this in e/n, every reply would be telling her to go to her boss/HR and access the protections she's entitled to, then let them tell her how to deal with it. I suspect (again can't confirm) that she did that, her boss said "you need to report this so that the authorities can force the parents' hands," and the authorities said "ech. This is a lovely case, but yeah, let's get the ball rolling. We can't enforce whatever standards of care unless you press charges."

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Damnable Fiend posted:

Basically, his 14 year old son, who has Downs Syndrome and goes to Central Middle School in the St. Louis area, has been suspended for hugging a bus attendant, and she is threatening to charge him for sexual harassment in juvenile court.

We made a reddit thing because it seemed like a good way to get help.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...arold_boy_with/

here are his words (also in the reddit message, but it seems like a good idea to have them here, too)

Reddit is the worst place to post this. Have they started asking if the bus attendant was wearing a short skirt, berating your friend for not aborting his son, or started phone-harassing the victims in this story yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

betaraywil posted:

Yeah, gotta side with the bus aide on this one. She deserves a safe working environment, and to that end she's completely entitled to complain when someone knocks her down and begins humping her.

Yep let's charge a 14 year old mentally disabled child with sexual harassment.

«2 »