Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I joined during the Zidane thread, and it was just so amazing watching all the submissions come in. I couldn't believe that one message board could contain so much talent. Before registering I had never given any thought to where funny poo poo on the Internet actually came from.

I used to post on message boards that were so narrow in focus and so small and insular that coming to SA was like some yokel going to the big city for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Matt Cruea posted:

But you were a posting superstar there! We were KINGS! Is it not better to mod in Hell than post in Heaven?

I don't know if you remember or were aware but I originally became well-known because of the DBZ sparring threads. I truly started at the bottom rung of that society.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A Winner is Jew posted:

First of all you are 100% right that I would have never found that loving awesome thread because I never go into DIY... which gives me an idea.

Could mods of the sub forums to move kick rear end threads like this one to GBS for all to see, or have a single thread that's updated around once a month that lists the high quality threads so everyone can find them without wading through all the sub forums?

Or would that be :effort:

They did this exact idea, word for word, only a couple months ago. The thread was stickied for a while.