Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

That is definitely not from Chrome, the error uses the website's colors/fonts.

Loaded just fine for me though, not sure what about yours is throwing it off. Be interested to see what the error is telling them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Also in pr0n mode? It would appear the response is being cached somewhere and the options are a bit limited. One could be Chrome's prefetch is doing something unusual. The Chrome proxy service is only for mobile devices. Chrome isn't using its own DNS servers so it should be hitting the same endpoint.

Anything different in the request & response?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

MrMoo posted:

Also in pr0n mode? It would appear the response is being cached somewhere and the options are a bit limited. One could be Chrome's prefetch is doing something unusual. The Chrome proxy service is only for mobile devices. Chrome isn't using its own DNS servers so it should be hitting the same endpoint.

Anything different in the request & response?

edit; yes it does work incognito so it is definitely something on my end. I will clear cookies again. edit2; success, it works now. :wtf:

When I use the numeric ip the r/r is similar to yours. When I use lumberjocks.com I get this but don't know what it means.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wormil fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 12, 2014

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

The site has a 24 hour cache, looks like you unfortunately hit a crash of some sort and it stayed until expiration.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

caiman posted:

Since Chrome doesn't get automatically updated in Linux, is there a way to receive notifications when an update is available? I'm using the dev channel.

Other than checking the repository i don't think there is.

Capt. Morgan
Feb 23, 2006

wormil posted:

I'm having a weird issue where I can't access a particular website through Chrome. Works fine in IE and Firefox. I have tried disabling extensions, adblocking, pop up blocking, clearing cache, clearing cookies, updating Chrome, updating Windows.

The website is lumberjocks.com
What's weird is I can access the site through it's numeric IP: http://50.115.35.242/

This is the error message I get which is on a partial rendering of the website. I don't believe it is a Google message, but generated by that website.

Is there anything else on my end that could be causing the problem? The website believes it is on my end.

Sounds like a DNS issue, try using google's DNS servers..

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Font rendering issues on the latest Chrome version (stable, 32 bit):

I have tried disabling DirectWrite, no help. Looks normal in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Any ideas?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is there some non-sketchy browser extension way to force Flash playback on Youtube with Chrome? HTML5 videos are coming up with black screens for whatever reason.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Tampermonkey + YouTube Center can force Flash (or HTML5 for that matter).

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Eight Is Legend posted:

Font rendering issues on the latest Chrome version (stable, 32 bit):

I have tried disabling DirectWrite, no help. Looks normal in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Any ideas?

Son, you think that's bad:

FF:

Chrome:

Mmmm readable and fun!

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 15, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Is it just me or does Chrome gently caress with the fonts like every single week.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I think the forums have been switching up the fonts too.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Ghostlight posted:

Is it just me or does Chrome gently caress with the fonts like every single week.

People working on the forums have been loving with the fonts all the time recently. First they tried Noto Sans, which was nasty, then Open Sans, and right now it's something called 'Roboto' sans-serif, or something. The "best" part is that some of this poo poo only looks okay with DirectWrite enabled and some of it only looks okay with it disabled and so I have to keep loving with my goddamn flags.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Kids, just say no to constantly loving with the forums CSS sheet.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I've been using this since the big forum redesign a while back and no silly fonts have been popping up for me :) http://the-magi.us/sa.html

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Che Delilas posted:

People working on the forums have been loving with the fonts all the time recently. First they tried Noto Sans, which was nasty, then Open Sans, and right now it's something called 'Roboto' sans-serif, or something. The "best" part is that some of this poo poo only looks okay with DirectWrite enabled and some of it only looks okay with it disabled and so I have to keep loving with my goddamn flags.

Roboto is Google's Android font. :v:

Wonder if they'll actually keep using it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I've had an issue lately where if I'm looking for information on something and then go to a shopping page, I'll just go to their domain but end up on a search results page for something close to what I'm looking for. For instance, if I'm reading a review for the Shadows of Mordor video game, and then type amazon.com in the URL bar, I don't get Amazon's homepage but an Amazon search result for Mordor (or Lord of the Rings, or something else that seems like a metatext engine at work).

It's only happening in Chrome and not Safari, so I'm guessing this a Chrome feature, but it's creepy and I want to turn it off?

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

I've had an issue lately where if I'm looking for information on something and then go to a shopping page, I'll just go to their domain but end up on a search results page for something close to what I'm looking for. For instance, if I'm reading a review for the Shadows of Mordor video game, and then type amazon.com in the URL bar, I don't get Amazon's homepage but an Amazon search result for Mordor (or Lord of the Rings, or something else that seems like a metatext engine at work).

It's only happening in Chrome and not Safari, so I'm guessing this a Chrome feature, but it's creepy and I want to turn it off?

Could be some Google tracking going on. I use µBlock and Ghostery and this never happened to me, but what do I know maybe I'm just not realizing it :v:

There is also a way to turn this off on these google pages supposedly if you use Google account that is.
https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads
https://plus.google.com/settings/endorsements?hl=en

Nokiaman fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 4, 2015

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to get Chrome to show my homepage instead of the New Tab page whenever I open a new tab? I'm trying to spend more time on a language learning site and so I'm hoping to make it more in-my-face/easier to access.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

edit: n/m

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Karthe posted:

Is there a way to get Chrome to show my homepage instead of the New Tab page whenever I open a new tab? I'm trying to spend more time on a language learning site and so I'm hoping to make it more in-my-face/easier to access.

No easy way to do it directly through chrome so use an extension instead: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/new-tab-redirect/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Master_Odin posted:

No easy way to do it directly through chrome so use an extension instead: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/new-tab-redirect/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna
Sweet, this works perfectly. Thanks!

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Alder posted:

I had to remove the SALR due to lagginess but after disabling ublock seemed to have fix it :sigh:

I just want to live in world w/ad-less sites.

Try telling µBlock to purge all caches and then update the filters. I had the same problem for a while, but haven't seen it since.

WorkingStiff
Jul 5, 2005

If anyone uses Malwarebytes and their Chrome install gets flagged & quarantined as infected with backdoor.bot or delegate_execute.exe, run a manual database update on Malwarebytes - it's a false positive which they've corrected but it totally cripples Chrome.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Anyone have recommendation for plugin for inventory checker or maybe just webpage update checker. I'm trying to buy a used verizon iphone 5s from verizon. I'm looking for a plugin that'll popup notify me if that webpage changes.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

lostleaf posted:

Anyone have recommendation for plugin for inventory checker or maybe just webpage update checker. I'm trying to buy a used verizon iphone 5s from verizon. I'm looking for a plugin that'll popup notify me if that webpage changes.

I haven't used it myself but Page Monitor appears to do just that and has a lot of good reviews.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Any decent extension which makes me able to right click an image/select an area of the screen and upload it to a host like imgur, etc.?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

VisAbsoluta posted:

Any decent extension which makes me able to right click an image/select an area of the screen and upload it to a host like imgur, etc.?

I have this installed and it does both of those for imgur only. My only gripe is that it directs you to the uploaded image instead of the imgur uploaded page that has bbcode on it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When browsing with Chrome, it likes to go through fits where pages will lock up and blame an unresponsive or crashed Adobe Shockwave Flash for causing it. Googling around led me to learn that Chrome has its own built-in Flash plugin, and that by disabling either Chrome's Flash or the external Flash plugin, one can fix this. I did and things were working great for a while, but now the problem has started up again and I only have one plugin for Adobe Flash Player :negative: And the ultimate irony, I can't get onto Adobe's website to download a new version because it causes another Flash lockup. Chrome version 39.0.2171.95 m, Adobe Flash Player version 16.0.0.235, Adobe Shockwave Player version 12.1.5r155. Any ideas, or any more info needed from me?

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

Maybe try uninstalling Flash (control panel -> programs and features -> adobe flash player -> uninstall), reboot, and then go to the site to re-download and install it?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Is there a way to disable the URL bubble/status bar in the lower left corner that pops up if you hover over or click a link? I know it's a security feature (URL spoofing), but we're using Chrome for a full screen presentation in an exhibition and the URL pop up is out of place here and kind of disrupting.

I glanced over the chrome://flags page but couldn't find anything.
Is there a hidden presentation mode (other then F11 fullscreen) or maybe an extension that takes care of the URL bubble?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Flash question:

Installed Chrome on my Ubuntu notebook, and then tried un-installing the 16.0 version and installed the 11.0 version for Linux to get Flash working (specifically the Twitch streams). Didn't work, got the 16.0 version re-installed, but now Youtube videos play but without audio.

What the what?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-play-music/fahmaaghhglfmonjliepjlchgpgfmobi

Anyone having trouble with installing this?

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Pivit posted:

I haven't used it myself but Page Monitor appears to do just that and has a lot of good reviews.

Thanks. It's works pretty well. Not intrusive at all.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

I have no issues with that, other than it annoyingly taking control of my media keys ( Linux and Windows )

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
What is this 'You' thing? I didn't install it:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Something to do with being able to switch accounts I think. On my Mac at home that button has my username, but on my PC at work that button isn't there. IDK what is going on.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

im gay posted:

What is this 'You' thing? I didn't install it:

From here

You can disable this via chrome://flags

It's accessible by copy/pasting this URL it in the omnibox: chrome://flags/#enable-new-avatar-menu, disable it to remove the button.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What is a good alternative to ye olde dead iGoogle? It needs email, a bit o news, calander, and a clean one screen interface. Ustart.org is crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Junkie Disease posted:

What is a good alternative to ye olde dead iGoogle? It needs email, a bit o news, calander, and a clean one screen interface. Ustart.org is crap.
Ever since iGoogle died, I've been using igHome. It used the same widgets as iGoogle, but as I never used the email and calendar ones, I'm not sure if they exist here. I only use it for RSS feeds.
I also briefly looked into Protopage but stuck with igHome.