Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
https://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=betachannel keeps giving me the Finnish language version of the installer because I happen to be connecting via a VPN in Finland. Is there any way of forcing it to give me the right version? I can't see a "change language" link or anything on the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Chrome had the little spanner icon indicating an update yesterday. I restarted it, and now I keep getting a notification at the top of pages saying Flash Player has been blocked because it's out of date. If I click the button to update it it takes me to Adobe's web site which says "If you are using the Google Chrome browser, Adobe® Flash® Player is built-in but has been disabled." There's some instructions about how to re-enable it but when I go to about:plugins, it's says it's enabled, although there's a link next to it saying "download critical security update", but that just takes me back to the same page.

Anyone know what's going on here?