Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
I love Chorme. I'm heavily invested into the Google ecosphere. Gmail, calendar, reader, etc, everything so naturally I use Chrome.

Unfortunately, I've had to uninstall it.

I use a Lenovo X220 tablet PC. While using Chrome, my system will randomly and suddenly log me out to the Windows login screen. I can log back in and everything is back as it was, but it is very annoying. I troubleshot by using a beta version, stable version, etc. Nothing worked. Kept logging me out. This occurred several times per day. I was very careful to make sure I wasn't hitting keystroke combos that would log me out, etc. Nothing. It was something with the browser.

I finally relented, uninstalled Chrome and installed Firefox. This was about a week ago. Not one single sporadic logout.

I just don't get how Chrome did this to my computer. No other programs were installed/uninstalled that could have caused this over the course of a month (during my test phase). Very strange. I told Google when I uninstalled it, but they will never read it, so oh well. Firefox it is I guess, even though I dislike it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm prepared to bet money you have some sort of malware on your computer. no way a web browser is responsible for the fault you describe

It's brand new. I have antivirus. It's also been stated elsewhere, so it's not just me. It's Chrome. I know, impossible, but is it??

http://forum.notebookreview.com/lenovo-ibm/602702-small-issue-x220-logs-me-out-when-i-quit-chrome.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/lenovo-ibm/633159-why-my-x220-tablet-randomly-logging-me-out.html

Yes, one of those threads (#2) was started by me, so I'm essentially using my own theory to prove my own theory, but after uninstalling Chrome and using Firefox, I have never been logged out. Whatever the case, it's not malware. It's a brand new Lenovo X220 tablet and I have never had any sort of virus, etc.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
So I'm the guy with the Lenovo X220 tablet that logs out when using Chrome. Am I alone here? I'm running the latest beta and its driving me nuts. Anyone else out there with this problem or am I special?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
I guess this is the place for Chromebooks?

If you want a Pixel and have ~$900 or so to burn, you can get a new I/O Pixel on eBay pretty easily. They are flooding the site by the day.

I picked one up. It's the 64gig/LTE version ($1,449 on google's store). It's a magnificent machine, if not a waste of money. Oh well, I like it. I'll wait another 1.5 years or so before activating the 1TB offer since I'm still enjoying the 100gigs I got from a previous Samsung Chromebook.

The display is jaw dropping. I'm only keeping it because I firmly believe Google will do something great with Chrome OS. Laugh if you will (I also have a Nexus Q - which is now on eBay) but I don't think this OS is being abandoned in classic Google style any time soon. It's the future!

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

z06ck posted:

Does chrome OS support Java or silverlight yet? Google tells me no.

Don't have a use for either so I'm not sure. I'd bet it doesn't (yet) though.

For some reason, Chrome doesn't support Dish Anywhere (Dish Network - allows you to watch your Hopper anywhere). Can't figure out why.

Also, eBay listings are all jacked up. You can't add photos to your listing unless you use an extension to spoof to IE9 or something. Weird. Minimal concerns though.

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 25, 2013