Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Is anyone aware of any extensions that function similarly to the RSS-ticker addon for Firefox that makes new RSS updates scroll across the bottom of the browser window until read / clicked? I used it to keep track of good deals in the coupons forums but I can't seem to find any equivalent within Chrome. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Having a weird issue with Youtube on Chrome recently: the pages all load skewed to the left instead of centered.

Chrome:

IE:

Additionally some videos have been cutting off before they complete, though that resolves itself if I change the quality. Any ideas? The only extensions I have are Fancy SA and AdBlock, and disabling them both does nothing. I also tried emptying my cache, no change.

e: Deleted the cookies for Youtube and it works fine now, so there was something borked in there it seems.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 26, 2012

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Haeleus posted:

2 questions:

1. Is there anyway to fix a problem with youtube where setting the resolution to 720p or higher often results in the video completely stopping until I refresh (especially if I try to skip ahead)? This has been happening more and more frequently as of the last 2 months.

I know this is a few months old but something recently messed with my ability to watch Youtube videos in the last couple weeks. If I switch to HD from a lower res or go to full screen the video will freeze up and the audio jumps backwards 5-10 seconds, then the whole thing resumes playing once the audio catches up. It's really annoying. :(

Anyone know any workarounds? I'm not seeing much recently in my searches, at least nothing that has worked so far. Chrome's gif support seems to have improved of late for me, which is really nice at least.

e: Apparently this might be a Youtube specific thing, they switched to some new streaming format called DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP). Maybe that's what's causing my issue here.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 5, 2013