Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Amppelix posted:

Well, I started chrome today to find out it had nuked all of my extensions, settings, etc. Thanks, chrome! Of course it wasn't that big of a deal, I just signed in and got 90% of my extensions back, but how does that even happen? :psyduck:

And also, now I have to remember what non-store extensions I was using :argh:

This happens to me about once a week and it's driving me crazy. I'd love to figure out what it is

It wouldn't be so bad but every single time I have to manually reinstall the hangouts extension which for some reason does automatically reinstall. I also have to change the default download location as apparently that doesnt sync either.

Each time it happens it also breaks the apps tab so it just has this:

Nothing but a reinstall with a complete wipe of the profile directory will help

Switching to the Beta recently made zero difference too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thats been abandoned now (still works for now though)

Imagus is the one to go for : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/imagus/immpkjjlgappgfkkfieppnmlhakdmaab

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Anyone else getting SA scrollbar oddities with the latest chrome beta?

Its particularly noticeable on the forum select in the bottom left, and moving the scrollbar doesnt actually scroll the list

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It reminds me of my name on early mornings

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I just had a play around and it seemed fine to me. I dont spend too much time in my bookmarks so I dont quite see the use

Uninstalled fine too?

e: on 39.0.2171.42 beta-m (64-bit)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

For what its worth I've been using the beta for ages now and haven't noticed a single issue with gifs

Even loading up a page on the pyf gif thread is fine once they have all downloaded

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Is there any reason you need the github versions? Cant you just install them from the web store like everyone else?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cloud-to-butt-plus/apmlngnhgbnjpajelfkmabhkfapgnoai?hl=en

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Realistically by the time that build is pushed to everyone Google will have fixed that

Its not like its a staged roll out of a final build

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 20, 2015

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Someone posted about this in the windows thread, so no you're not the only one

Using the win key plus arrows works apparently

I'm using chrome beta 64 and don't appear to have the problem any more

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If you'd have just logged into a clean install on the 2nd pc all of that would have been synced over anyway

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yeah I've totally done it more than once and I am old, gently caress that shortcut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

All of a sudden I cant send any messages in the hangouts extension, everything just fails with 'message not delivered'

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?