Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

You can try following the steps here to go to a different version of flash: http://www.lockergnome.com/media/2012/01/20/how-to-fix-shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Are you talking google search results? Sometimes when I click a link and then hit the back button, a "block all from thisdomain.tld" link comes up. But it doesn't seem to be every link so I don't know what sort of google magic they use to determine when the option is presented

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

You can turn that off, Settings -> Under the Hood (Advanced Settings...) -> Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think you can do that without an extension? Settings -> Under the Hood -> Content Settings... and then you can "Block sites from setting any data and "Manage Exceptions..."

Although I don't manage cookies like that so I don't know if that's good enough.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

HTTPS everywhere seems to keep comments from working on Gawker sites (Lifehacker). Is there a way to have comments work without disabling that extension outright?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I haven't used Google Now (I don't have Android), so I don't know how cool it is. However, it sounds pretty drat cool. Although I'm not sure how it translates to a browser.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

It fails to suggest the correct spelling for 95% of spelling mistakes I make.

You can right click in a text box and under spellchecker options check "Ask Google for suggestions". I don't know if that makes it better though. It seems reasonably good to me. Maybe you even have the spellchecker turned off? There's a check for that too.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Yeah youtube has been sucking for me for the last couple of days (at least). I thought it was just me. Comforting to know (I suppose) that other people have the same issues.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Which is the "good" AdBlock again? It's just regular AdBlock (not AdBlock+) right? I've had both installed and somehow Chrome sync sometimes brings back the wrong one.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Menus didn't always look like this? :confused:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

withak posted:

I am up-to-date on the beta channel and still have 8 items there. Maybe when you switched versions it reset whatever counter is used to populate that list so it is temporarily showing you less than eight?

I think it's a dev thing. I'm on dev and see only 4.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Hey Okposolypse, Lifehacker just put up a guide to installing (ubuntu) Linux on a chromebook http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Whizbang posted:

Anything Adblock Plus does, µBlock does better.

Did someone in this thread recommend Adguard? I tried it before and it seemed fine, but I was showing up on reports at work saying I was accessing known spyware sites. Turns out it was looking at adtidy.org or something similar and for whatever reason that site is flagged.

I was just wondering if µBlock did anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is there a preferred download manager? Really I don't even want a download manager, but Chrome's shelf thing annoys me on downloads. I can't even really place why, I just get irritated when it shows up. I installed Chrono Download Manager but I wasn't sure if there was a better one and/or if this one is some dumb spam thing I didn't realize