Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
For me, the YouTube crash will resolve itself after 30 seconds or a minute. Chrome will wake up and crash Flash instead of making you kill the whole browser.

Still loving annoying, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
It's not crashing the entire browser, it's just programmed so that something central about user interaction/updates has to wait on the plug-in. If that freezes, it has to wait for preset time-out condition before the browser can forcefully close it. If you can pick out the particular Chrome.exe in Task Manager that is the Flash plugin process, you can force close it yourself earlier and the browser will resume sooner.

Unless and until Google tries to sandbox the plug-ins like it does tabs/processes, or it changes the timeout conditions, this is just something that can happen.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
YouTube freezes seem to have cleared up for me. Issue fixed?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
How long has auto-tiling when you hold a tab by a window border been a thing?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Amppelix posted:

And also, now I have to remember what non-store extensions I was using :argh:

Cloud to Butt, of course.