Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Why is Chrome suddenly autohiding my Windows Taskbar and how do I make it stop? I'm not in the F11 fullscreen mode and other browsers (IE and FF) don't autohide the taskbar. I've restarted and the issue is still there. On Windows 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Auto-hide is off, I checked. I tried resizing manually but it's pretty inconvenient because I often snap browser windows to either half of the screen and then resize them to fullsize. Chrome shouldn't be hiding the taskbar when I max it and (until just before) never used to.

I actually fixed the problem, but I don't know how. I read somewhere that the problem is intermittent so I restarted my computer again, opened Chrome and the issue was still there. I restarted again, opened Chrome and the problem was gone... WTF?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

dis astranagant posted:

Is there some way to force chrome to translate from a specified language instead of the one it autodetects? It seems to think pretty much any page with CJK characters is in Chinese even when there's a bunch of kana or hangul around. A quick googling only turns up stuff for webmasters and not chrome users.

Right click page, select Translate to English. Then click options and choose the language you want to translate from.