Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
How do I stop the Chrome omnibar putting the instant search suggestions inline with the address bar?

For example, I might just want to search "planetside 2" but it will put "planetside 2 patch notes" in the address which means pressing enter searches for the wrong frigging thing.

I've unticked:

Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Enable Instant for faster searching (omnibox input may be logged)

but it still happens!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Thermopyle posted:

I don't know, but it's irritating as hell when it happens.

It's close to making me revert back to firefox after a sabbatical of 12 months.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Update error 3 caused by running Chrome with admin rights is such an annoying issue.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

It really takes the biscuit when I cannot upload to youtube via chrome yet IE10 works perfectly fine.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Chrome is increasingly annoying.

Can't use in-built updates because it sulks at running an admin account.
Can't handle media-heavy pages without becoming a laggy POS.

Have we got any confirmed fixes for the gif-lag other than the disabling in-built flash optino which has never worked for me?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Facebook CSS is broke on this version and BBC Radio Player downloads rather than plays embedded.

I'm gonna try thatr eset and see how it goes.

Edit: Nope!

Edit2: Adblock seems to be loving with Facebook. Not sure why the bbc radio player is screwed.

uninstall Chrome completely and reinstall.

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 24, 2014

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

What the gently caress have they done? Can't even sync with my account with a fresh install.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

^^^^ That must've been it.

Chrome still downloads a .pls file rather than play BBC Radioplayer. not sure how to fix it but if I drag link to new tab it works. Weird.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

nvm, found it

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 28, 2014

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

How do I get rid of the Chrome bell in system tray?

I've got it set to hide icon and notifications but it's still there.

Notifications are disabled in Chrome.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Pivit posted:

You can't.. yet. Here is a statement from a google employee just 21 hours ago.

Still can't remove it.

Back to FF!

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Ugh, I installed Chrome at work but didn't want to sync anything except my extensions which was fine. I've come home and Chrome on my desktop looks completely hosed. The fonts on a lot of sites have gone to poo poo.

Version is: 41.0.2272.89 m

I'm not sure if the work thing screwed it or this version so I've basically nuked everything except my bookmarks, reinstalled and configured ym extensions but some sites still have dumb small text. Disabling directwrite helped but I recall reading a very nice post in this thread about font settings but I've not found it so far. Does anyone have it bookmarked by any chance?

Edit: I've turned directwrite off, disable dpi scaling...some sites just have the worst font ever. Looks fine in IE. Even tried cleartype tuning :(

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 12, 2015

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Nah, Windows 8.1 here.

It's not even the whole site in one instance either. Just one part of it looks cramped and stunted fonts.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

bronin posted:

Did they change something with the font rendering again? One website I visit frequently has a really small font all of a sudden. Or maybe it has always been this way, I don't even know anymore. Still, it looks much better on Firefox.

Edit: Hahaha on 110% Zoom the small fonts look great, just like on Firefox. Same size even. All the bigger ones are a bit too large though.

Sounds like the issue I'm having. 110% zoom looks like it used to on the pages where there are mysteriously small fonts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

How do I stop Chrome opening some poo poo rear end Hangouts thing when I click on a phone number?

Edit: It only happens if I've searched google for a contact number: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2364884/call-businesses-right-from-googles-search-results-page-with-hangouts.html

I just want to be able to double click to select text instead of click and drag, ffs.

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 6, 2016