Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
Did the hangouts extension just stop working for anyone else? My contact list is blank, restarts/force-quits does not fix it. I'm wondering if it's related to the new profile manager thing.

Alternatively, is there a good standalone chat client that supports hangouts? I used pidgin for a while but it's clunky as hell and doesn't support as many features as the google client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT

Rusty! posted:

The Hangouts extension had been replaced with a Hangouts Chrome app today, might explain it.

Whoa thank you. Installed that and it's working, now to figure out how to make the chrome apps stuff less intrusive.

e: holy poo poo this is annoying, how do I get rid of the floating bubble and get it out of my taskbar? (just noticed the above poster asked the same thing but yeah, sucks)

Scrambles fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 10, 2014

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
It does that for me after a program has gone full-screen. The new hangouts app is buggy as hell but the old extension doesn't work anymore so I'm patiently waiting for Google to fix it.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
Yeah it works fine for everyone else I've talked with too, just not for me!! The contact list is blank and messages aren't received.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
chrome now has "apps" that are like extensions except take up memory all of the time independently of the browser being open, it's great.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
I use magic actions for youtube and refuse to use anything else because mousewheel volume control is lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
It pissed me off too given that a lot of my browsing is on an htpc with a small wireless keyboard and backspace is just right. Here's an extension to fix it:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/back-to-backspace/cldokedgmomhbifmiiogjjkgffhcbaec?hl=en-US