Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

daslog posted:

I've always assume that Chrome was to be avoided because Google is at it's core an advertising company and my main priority is to block ads. Firefox seems to do this very well, especially with Youtube ads.

Am I mistaken?

Adblock Plus for Chrome works on youtube ads in my experience. It has some trouble blocking twitch/justin.tv ads and other streaming service ads, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Anyone else having problems with Google Reader in beta 18? The site seems to load fine, but All Items doesn't work and trying to view any article doesn't work. There's simply no response to me clicking on any of that stuff, even though the settings button and the top bar still work. I've turned adblock off on that page, but that's all I've found to try so far and it didn't help at all.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Just picked up beta 20.0.1132.11. New font smoothing in tab bar, new button bezel look on back/forward/stop/refresh/plugins, wider New Tab button are what I've noticed in the first 60 seconds. Also they've somehow made it snappier!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Anyone else seeing a problem where Flash videos "shimmy" or shake left and right on the current beta build of Chrome? It makes it impossible to focus on details and is generally really annoying to look at. Doesn't happen when the video is fullscreen

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Anyone else had a problem with uninstalling/removing extensions? I use my Chrome profile on two PCs and uninstalling (for example) Feedly never seems to stick. It always just comes back once I use the other PC, then come back to the one I uninstalled it on

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Does anyone know why Chrome would append an underscore to file extensions downloaded from certain websites? Meaning instead of .zip I get .zip_, which then has to be manually renamed before 7zip will be the default handler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Istr there's a setting for that, but I might be thinking of ff.

Apparently the solution is to install Canary, for now, because v77 does not have the issue

e: it seems fixed today? Maybe anyway. I haven't noticed it in a few hours of work

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 14, 2019