Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Josh Lyman posted:

I think AdBlock Plus is causing Youtube videos to not display. If there's an ad in front of a video, it's just a black screen even though the audio plays. If I play the same video in Incognito mode, the ad plays then the video plays fine.

If there's no ad in front of a video, it plays fine.

On Vimeo, the videos seem to play fine.

I'm in Windows 10, should be the latest version of Chrome. I do not have the Youtube app installed.

I too am having this problem, same information except using Ublock Origin. Turning it off makes it work, and not using the YouTube app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It seems to more sporadically be doing it since I updated, seems to be whenever it would want to run an ad (so five or six videos or so). If I let it sit there with the "An unexpected error has ocurred" screen it will eventually play if I return to the tab.

Doesn't seem to matter the video.

uBlock Origin is new to me (switched from Adblock about a week ago) so other than adding a few things to the whitelist I haven't messed with it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm back on Chrome after a year using Vivaldi, which I loved, but which was slowly amassing websites that didn't work correctly on it that I needed for my every day job life in order to function. Chrome is running fine, but I HEAVILY miss the web panel, especially since I could toss Facebook Messenger's website in it and use it as an always there FBchat bar.

Is there an equivalent Web Panel extension for Chrome? I saw something about Web Panel support being removed in like 2015 but I don't know if that's dev webpanel stuff or general. Anyone got any ideas?

Here's Vivaldi's stuff on webpanels: https://help.vivaldi.com/article/web-panels/