Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«51 »
Waka Flocka Flame
Mar 7, 2011

A lil rust is fine but I've gotten metal splinters from one of my super rusty standard plates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

You can sand that poo poo off.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Mom, it's just chicken breast and hard work, I swear!

Dum Cumpster posted:

I've never seen a creepy guy hitting on a girl at the gyms I've went to. Texans are jerks.

I am the creepy guy hitting on girls at my gym. But I think attractive people must get a pass on this because no one ever seems to mind. (Yes I have gotten laid this way)

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Cum all over my mirrors just gettin off on my self maan, UUAOHH

WORSHIPPIN' this BIIG motherfucker.

*fingers dickhole*

TheFace posted:

I am the creepy guy hitting on girls at my gym. But I think attractive people must get a pass on this because no one ever seems to mind. (Yes I have gotten laid this way)

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

*fingers dickhole*

Seriously though girls only think its creepy when its an ugly guy. As a guy with many female friends I have literally heard them say this and be 100% serious.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

Seriously though girls only think its creepy when its an ugly guy. As a guy with many female friends I have literally heard them say this and be 100% serious.

Women are... just like men??? How can this be?!?!?!?

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

GET YOUR BITCH ASS OUT OF E/N AND BACK TO TFLC

Pretty much every dude at my gym is an ugly twink or married so there you go

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

*does a burn out invisible 2 board bench press with 135*
*grunts and moans at end of set*
*gets up and poses under the light while looking at the mirror like arnold in pumping iron*
*makes kissy face and checks self out*

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

*fingers dickhole*

Blue Steel posted:

*does a burn out invisible 2 board bench press with 135*
*grunts and moans at end of set*
*gets up and poses under the light while looking at the mirror like arnold in pumping iron*
*makes kissy face and checks self out*

this is also me

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

*fingers dickhole*

Dum Cumpster posted:

Women are... just like men??? How can this be?!?!?!?

Yo man I dunno about you but my standards are absolutely subterranean

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

Yo man I dunno about you but my standards are absolutely subterranean

If an ugly man or woman hits on me I'll definitely turn them down and act disgusted but once I get home I'll stare at myself in the mirror and JO about it in an ecstasy of narcissism.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

1-20-2012
bench press
45x10
135x5
225x5
275x2
315x2
330x2
340x1 (PR)
IT'S CHRISTMAS AT THE GYM
345xf,f,f,f,f

watched dave tate's bench press cure again this morning and now I feel like I'm finally benching

box squat
45x10
135x2
225x2
315x2
405x2
455x2 gently caress it

seated good morning
405x3,3,3

tried squats but my knees hurt so that's it. i feel like a broken man everything hurts but at least my loving bench is going up. I wish everything would work and improve together instead of one lift going up while the rest of me is wrecked

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

We go hard.

loving awesome benching mate

Bluff
Oct 7, 2009

YOU STUPID ASSHOLES

Wamsutta posted:

loving awesome benching mate
This.

And yeah, that bench video is awesome. I don't do the huge enjoyable human being cheater arch, but even a moderate one, keeping my back tight, and watching my elbows solved any and all shoulders pain I used to get when benching.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

Thanks bros.

Does this look like a decent cage? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_i=507846

I'll probably just strip the paint off of the safety pins. It's cheap and looks sturdy otherwise. Craigslist has no cage that's worthwhile and nothing else really impressed me but I didn't look that much.

What's cool is that I'll probably lift there instead of at the gym, which should mean that I can record every set of anything ever. This will become the most densely packed training log ever, with every failure and butt scratch and stupid conversation logged and observable for the curious goon.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Key to craigslist is checking constantly. You'll have to wait a bit but it's worth it.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

I looked through every posting in SA and Austin and it has been eye opening. So many people, working out with so many 25lb plates. And barely anyone has over 300lbs worth of weights. No one has more than 4 45s total. Talk about aiming high, no wonder they're selling their poo poo

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

Well both of my parents are extremely OCD and obsessive and germophobic. I kind of am too. They told me try for under $2000 and get everything new. I purchased a Texas Power Bar, that cage I linked and a TDS bench that's rated up to 1000lbs lol. Now I'm gonna go check out some stores and look for new plates. I'm up to about 900$ spent. My dad said all of the plates need to match and that he doesn't care how much it costs so I'm gonna go buy 600lbs in plates. I'm also gonna get supplies to build a proper lifting platform. This is gonna fuckin own. The room we're converting is pretty big, it's about 20'x20'. Eventually I'm gonna get them some cool poo poo like a GHR, maybe another cage and another Texas Power Bar but I'm starting them off with the essentials.

This is pretty much a dream come true for me except it's for my parents/sister. They're all pretty similar to me in mindset and willpower and my Dad is already pretty strong for being 50 so I'm excited for them. I've always wanted a room away from the public where I can rest for 5 minutes without some turd bag stripping the plates off of my 495lb squat bar. I've actually had someone pull all the 45s from one side and make a huge crash while I was peeing. None of that poo poo. I'll also record everything I ever do ever and put it on youtube.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

Basically I'm gonna blare this for all of my training sessions on repeat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-pVJ3w0tJI

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

If I was mentally unstable I'd probably be fairly strong by now.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

heh i guess you are mentally unstable then heh heh heh heh

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

If you have monies left over get a chalk stand, a mini fridge, and a floor to ceiling mirror for flexing into.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

Get a set of coloured/Olympic bumper plates to freak your dad out

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

drunk rant

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

drunk ranting edited

Hot Dog Hotline
Jul 24, 2004

Hello? Hello?

That sounds a lot like me, except with more swearing. I hate spending money on stupid poo poo.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005

Blue Steel posted:

i hate alcohol. it makes me feel vulnerable and sick and try to avoid it as much as possible. but then situations arise to where I can either fold over OR be a total complete 'dick' and stand up for myself. basically alcohol makes you weak and flabby and ruins strength gains

JUST SAY NO BRO but learn to deliver it in a 100% confident and nonchalant way because then everyone thinks you are cool and amazing. You would not believe the poo poo you can get away with if you fake being confident and nonchalant.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

I've been eating like a pig since friday and I weighed 245lbs last night. I'm hyper bloated from sodium and poo poo tons of carbs, I got excited after my bench PR. Here's what I look like sitting at a table

i forgot to flex or think "how muscular will I look in this picture" so i look fat and normal. That shirt is also XXL. fitness is impossible to achieve

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005

You don't look fat, hth

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

I'm waiting for the components of the home gym to arrive, meanwhile we already have a bar and 255lbs in plates so I started my mom and sister off.

My mom buried her squats with ease and finesse. dem genetics. also had them military press and deadlift. My sister got feisty and pulled 115x5 with ease. Fuckin cool.

Waka Flocka Flame
Mar 7, 2011

your family is cool. my family has pretty good strength genetics but are all the laziest people on the planet. my brother pulled 3 plates for an easy triple with little effort after a couple months. whenever he'd pull heavy he'd wrap a t-shirt around the bar so he wouldn't "hurt his hands" (?). i still wonder what he'd be capable of if he tried. my dad actually did lift for a long time and told me he at one point OHP'd 250 for like 12 but he often took long breaks from lifting and has since stopped entirely.

i wish i could lift with my fam......

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

Waka Flocka Flame posted:

your family is cool. my family has pretty good strength genetics but are all the laziest people on the planet. my brother pulled 3 plates for an easy triple with little effort after a couple months. whenever he'd pull heavy he'd wrap a t-shirt around the bar so he wouldn't "hurt his hands" (?). i still wonder what he'd be capable of if he tried. my dad actually did lift for a long time and told me he at one point OHP'd 250 for like 12 but he often took long breaks from lifting and has since stopped entirely.

i wish i could lift with my fam......

ha. VO (particularly her butt) inspired my mom and sister to want to lift weights. They're just obsessed with butts and want to only squat and deadlift and do weighted glute bridges but I told them they have to bench and press too. My mom thinks I'm freaky but is also proud of having a big strong son. My dad mainly cares about being lean and having abs but he has started deadlifting and squatting within the past year, he's 160 and handling 300lbs so not bad for 50. I figure that if I work out with him he'll be wanting to get stronger.

I need to find some good lifting platform schematics. We decided to use a room that's a little smaller, I think it's probably 12'x12'. I'm thinking of following this plan but I have no experience with it. It'd probably be super cool to squat on a wooden surface though. I just need to find the rubber mats and get some plywood that doesn't suck.

I'm also gonna build an adjustable box for box squats out of 2x4s and some plywood so I can set the box up from anywhere between 10 inches to 17 inches. Maybe something like this.
I'm also gonna build some boards for board pressing. Ffffffuckkkk being unemployed right now owns.

this gym is gonna fuckin kick rear end

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

*fingers dickhole*

Man, I wish my dad cared about lifting weights. He is a bizarrely strong motherfucker but I guess thats because he worked on a fishing boat from child. Tales tell of a time he came across a guy whos car had broken down in the middle of nowhere, so my dad at ~22 years old just lifted the loving back end of the car off the ground so the guy could get his tire off. My mom verified that this actually happened. I will never be that strong.

He hasnt lifted a weight in like 35 years but he can still beat me in an arm wrestle pretty easily

Thanks for the good genes dad.

libberlibber
Apr 14, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I wanna go try and deadlift a car RIGHT NOW

crazycello
Jul 22, 2009

gently caress you dad

Bluff
Oct 7, 2009

YOU STUPID ASSHOLES

crazycello posted:

gently caress u dad
no u

Vicious Owl
Jan 10, 2010

Blue Steel posted:

I'm waiting for the components of the home gym to arrive, meanwhile we already have a bar and 255lbs in plates so I started my mom and sister off.

My mom buried her squats with ease and finesse. dem genetics. also had them military press and deadlift. My sister got feisty and pulled 115x5 with ease. Fuckin cool.

Yeah they did great. I was thinking we would need a lady bar and all for military press starting off but not so. Proud of them! This is the coolest thing to know that my future in-laws will be strong and healthy and proud of their asses. What more could you wish for loved ones?

I am still working on my parents. Right now they are both misguided drunks and my mom is a cardio queen/class instructor but I am thinking they still have at least 20 good years of slow decay before the steep sprial downwards towards dementia and broken hips. So there is still hope!

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

My mom is 5'1" and has never exercised outside of walking of physical therapy for shoulders. My dad has chronic back and shoulder problems, used to bike and that's about it. My brother is 5'10" and maybe 135 lbs. I deny these genes.

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

my dream is to get everyone I care about lifting weights. I gotta somehow convince my grand parents to squat a weight. My grand mother is super underweight and needs some muscle for sure.

This article inspired me to try to get my mom to invest in a weight room and lift some weights.

quote:

And before you ask: at present there is absolutely no solid evidence that strength training—or any
other exercise or dietary program—will substantially prolong our life spans. But the preponderance of
the scientific evidence, flawed as it is, strongly indicates that we can change the trajectory of decline.
We can recover functional years that would otherwise have been lost. There is much talk in the aging
studies community about “compression of morbidity,” a shortening of the dysfunctional phase of
the death process. Instead of slowly getting weaker and sicker and circling the drain in a protracted,
painful descent that can take hellish years or even decades, we can squeeze our dying into a tiny sliver
of our life cycle. Instead of slowly dwindling into an atrophic puddle of sick fat, our death can be like
a failed last rep at the end of a final set of heavy squats. We can remain strong and vital well into our
last years, before succumbing rapidly to whatever kills us. Strong to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobiusrage
Mar 26, 2007

Infinite loop of injuries

Blue Steel posted:

my dream is to get everyone I care about lifting weights. I gotta somehow convince my grand parents to squat a weight. My grand mother is super underweight and needs some muscle for sure.

This article inspired me to try to get my mom to invest in a weight room and lift some weights.

This article is awesome and I'm only on page 3. Thanks!

«51 »