Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Ventana posted:

Yeah and it's weird that despite all of that, none of us post here ever. Even weirder that most of us play Big Band too.
One of my favorite threads from SA was about that one dude's terrible roommate who he caught playing the saxophone in a bathtub full of his own feces. That's why I play the saxophone man in my favorite video game, Skullgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

may contain peanuts posted:

One of my favorite threads from SA was about that one dude's terrible roommate who he caught playing the saxophone in a bathtub full of his own feces. That's why I play the saxophone man in my favorite video game, Skullgirls.

Is there a similar reason why you play peacock?

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Blast from the past, drat. That was at least a decade ago!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Someone link that thread.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Blast from the past, drat. That was at least a decade ago!

wait vlaada what are you doing here please don't say you came here to taunt me

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Broken Loose posted:

wait vlaada what are you doing here please don't say you came here to taunt me

I'm just here for the poopy saxophones my brother.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

I can't stop thinking about this every time I play against a Big Band now

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Ventana posted:

Is there a similar reason why you play peacock?
Yeah I like projectiles

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
congrats there's a new skullgirls game coming out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nga3jYloM-s

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
You can apply for Skullgirls Mobile beta access here: http://www.hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You can apply for Skullgirls Mobile beta access here: http://www.hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls/

It says I've already tried to apply using my email address which, well, I haven't.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Countblanc posted:

It says I've already tried to apply using my email address which, well, I haven't.

Weird. Maybe someone tried to sign up with your address? Check your junk folder, it asks for an email confirmation.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I tried again 10 minutes later and it worked. Weird, but at least it's fixed.

e: also put Umbrella for "please add this character", though Annie of the Stars was a very close second

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I've been pretty interested in Isaac's mechanics since I saw the prototype. Time Travel is one of the more unique ideas in fighting games.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

congrats there's a new skullgirls game coming out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nga3jYloM-s

Not exactly the way I imagined the next SG game to be.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I just love that the first match there starts with someone doing Round Start raw tag to Big Band.

They know SG players all too well.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Hey everyone check out this awesome Panzerfaust animation this guy did, it looks awesome

https://vimeo.com/172880631

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ventana posted:

Hey everyone check out this awesome Panzerfaust animation this guy did, it looks awesome

https://vimeo.com/172880631

Looks very good. I'd imagine he would play exactly like this.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

A crosspost from skullheart,

Hey everyone, I went to my friends place to play some skullgirls with him. Thing is, he has a PS4 and my stick is a ps3/360 Qanba Q2 stick I recieved from Arcade Shock. From what I understand, ps3 sticks can work on SG for ps4. Is there more I have to do than plug and play? Will it not read because it is not just a sole ps3 fightstick?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

JetpackHowwy posted:

A crosspost from skullheart,

Hey everyone, I went to my friends place to play some skullgirls with him. Thing is, he has a PS4 and my stick is a ps3/360 Qanba Q2 stick I recieved from Arcade Shock. From what I understand, ps3 sticks can work on SG for ps4. Is there more I have to do than plug and play? Will it not read because it is not just a sole ps3 fightstick?

Nothing else you have to do; it's Lab Zero's driver, so unlike in SF5, it works to full effect. Being a PS3/360 duel stick shouldn't have any effect on it working (unless you have it switched to 360 mode :v:).

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

How do I know what mode I am on? There is a mode button, but pressing it does nothing. It works perfectly fine on my ps3.

Edit: Sorry for asking things that specific as it is rather unhelpful on my end. I am just frustrated this isn't working.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 12, 2016

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
You should just be able to plug it in and see it in the controller list screen. The only PS3 controller that won't work are Dual Shock 3s, and that's because Sony specifically blocks them from working.

https://twitter.com/skullgirls/status/542463671373275136

If plugging it in doesn't work, try hitting Mode after it's plugged in. If neither of those work, then hit up @Skullgirls for help on twitter.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Thank you, just sent a tweet.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Mike Z decided to do his own voice take on Panzerfaust from that 3D animation video. Worth posting again cause A. it's MIke Z russian voice and B. that animation is still really really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY25CBJybTk

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Bump for news of the upcoming Console Lobbies patch, which has now explicitly confirmed publicly that we are getting new balance changes too. PC already got some bug fixes, but it says they'll use Endless Beta again for testing the gameplay stuff, so that's great.

I'm going to guess though, that seeing as how they said the patch submission is going to take a long while, we're probably going to have to wait a long while on this. But I want to test those gameplay changes now. :(

Also, yipes playing SG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Skullgirls is going to have a Physical version on PS4! Limited run only, you have to pre-order, and apparently they said that if they can get 10,000 pre-orders they'll put in the Japanese voices too. It will probably be on the latest patch, which should be done and out by mid/late November I think.

• Locked thread