Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love huge ridiculous anime tits and up skirt shots and women's rights. Just thought you guys might need my input.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Broken Loose posted:

360 games come out at 6pm EST, right?

Generally early on Wednesday like around 6am

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Buhbuhj posted:

Alright so I'm going to move the tourney up an hour. I know this screws over a couple of west coast folks but I gotta do it so I don't overlap goonbats.

Skullgirls XBL day1 tourney now at 8pm EST
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/27rtrijfue

Is this going to be newbie friendly or are most of you fairly decent at fighting games? I'd really love to join but I don't see myself doing very well at all.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don't think so. It was there last year though I believe.

Lynx Winters posted:

Sign up anyway because even if you lose you will still come away with new people to play who will probably not mind helping you get better.

Buhbuhj posted:

It's day 1 so barely anyone is going to have any time with the game prior to the tourney. I'm sure there are going to be some people that can get by on pure fundamentals but I wouldn't worry about it.

Cool, sounds good. I'll sign up soon. I don't mind losing at all so worst case scenario is me being a fun practice funny.

Also sorry if I bothered anyone with the post I got banned for. I wasn't trying to be a douche but it probably wasn't the best thing to say.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone know what the lead console is for this game? I'm assuming it's whatever Mike Z usually uses.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jmcrofts posted:

PS3 was the lead console in that the game was primarily developed for PS3 and then ported to 360, though a lot of it was simultaneous. The only real reason for that is that PS3 hardware is harder to use, so they started harder and went to easier.

RE: movelists, while it's true that Skullgirls is pushing current consoles to the limits in terms of memory usage, the absence of movelists is definitely a time and money issue rather than a technical one. If they would have been able to put them in in time they would have, but unfortunately it's gonna have to wait a little bit.

That makes sense. I'm still having trouble trying to decide which console to get this for. Hopefully they did a great job on both consoles.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So detail nerds/people with a good feel of the game. 360 or PS3 version?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Liar Lyre posted:

Frankly, the core gameplay is so good it's easy to overlook the minor problems, most of which are getting patched ASAP. For 15 bucks, there is almost no reason to not get this if you like fighting games.

Also, do dps have to be really accurate or am I/my stick really terrible?

You summed it up well. Basically this is a great game that was obviously made with a low budget. It's great at its core, but very unpolished and lacking in features. Hopefully it gets expanded quite a bit with patches. I'd love to see a retail Skullgirls 2 eventually.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Something of note: my first online match was followed by a nice gg message by some guy. That was refreshing :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

quanch posted:

is there any way to fix the awful load times on the 360? i have the slim black one and i have the game installed on the main hdd. its not very fun to play when theres a 5 minute loading time between online games.

Clear your cache.

• Locked thread