Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

F. Lobot posted:

Street Fighter has Cammie and... that's really it, the rest is zany but doesn't make me hide my computer screen. MvC has superheroes, which appeal to the masses well. Also consider that any given superhero wears more clothing than most of the cast of Skullgirls combined.

Really, now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Robolizard! posted:

stop idiot

Way to be a douche yourself. :v: I was done.

In actual talk I see that Valentines damage is still super low in the FF vids. Is that because her damage still hasn't been done yet?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Nerokerubina posted:

I think the defib super was in at SoCal Regionals but it might not have worked?

The defibrillator is actually her snapback.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I think the guy updating it is working in some way on the game because he's already got all the data for Valentine ready to go. Plus how else did he get the exact damage numbers for the game already?

The stuff for Valentine is just placeholders, though. There's no way all of her attacks are going to deal 100 damage each. :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Hey, Valentine's moveset has been revealed.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/23/skullgirls-valentines-full-move-list-revealed/

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Nerokerubina posted:

Also Ms. Fortune is Nanako if memory serves. Reverge must have really liked that dub?

Also Chi Chi from DBZ Abridged.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

SpaceBees posted:

I thought it was Berserker Barrage as a reference to Wolverine, but if she actually says that she is my favorite fighting game character of all time, no contest.

Naw man, Fortune's all about them terrible puns. The first time I heard it I chortled.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

BurningNinja posted:

Also it's incredibly slow and super easy to punish.

Thankfully you can DHC into it and it recovers a 1/3rd of their health now.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Eeevil posted:

DHCs subtract a bar from the cost of level 3s, so it's probably the same for a level 5.

What he said. Basically you can DHC a level 1 super into Valentine's level 5.

BurningNinja posted:

Except it's the super itself that's slow, not the startup or anything. The point is to make it unsafe to do always, unless you hit the opponent with it which is unlikely with her rez super. At least that's what I understood about it when Mike Z was discussing it in one of those breakdown videos.

I watched that same video to verify the health thing and he never said that it'd be unsafe to do always. He said it was extremely punishable on block.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Waterbed posted:

To summarize for those who missed it: She's like a nun that turns into some weird shapeshifting thing. When she does attacks, it's just the animations of other characters (c.MK from Parasoul, airdash attack thing from Cerebella). So most of her attacks don't have animations unique to her. Her movement had unique animations at least.

You forgot about her getting attacks other characters don't use. Like Cerebella's butt bomber and Parasoul popping shots with her pistol.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Internet is fast. Quality is rear end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3JVP8Zh0

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

Don't be so quick to write off the gun as an assist. HP gun has the same trajectory as Cammy's Cannon Spike did in Marvel 2, except with basically no vulnerable hitbox if you plan it out right. I think Peacock could really make awesome usage out of it (and Double could use Peacock as an efficient battery for Catellites).

Also don't forget if it hits a character out of the air it'll drop them to the ground and make them groundbounce for free combos.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Isn't item drop air only and air only moves not possible for assists?

You mean Double's? Yeah on both counts.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Dizz posted:

Well I hope that release date for Xbox is real. It means I am closer to meeting this Gorilla Fate :v:

It was confirmed by Mike Z and Ravid. It's about as real as it can get!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I hear no tale of Last Blade. That had Last Blade 1 *and* 2 on it

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Seriously, that is not a thing I'd actively share. ONE WEEK

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

animaCartographer posted:

Umbrella, you can kinda see her gun and some of herself

Actually that shot is Black Dhalia, another character in the SG universe. Umbrella also shows up in a different spot as Rootbeer Baron showed.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Haha. Looks like they jumped the gun a little bit.

I think it's more a slight troll/reference than gun jumping.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

I don't know much about the game's canon, so it was cool finding out the bombs actually have names: Lenny and George. :v:

Yes, those are their names... now. :ninja:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

rocket USA posted:

Steinbeck is a way classier thing to reference than nukes, though.

This is completely true.

Also I had to pull out of the tourney for now since I'm not even sure I'll be able to get it 1st day. :(

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Final FNF before release!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/728881
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/728883
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/728885

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

AXE COP posted:

One thing that concerns me after watching these videos is that the infinite prevention system seems way too sensitive. There was like 5 or 6 different moments in that video where they could burst out despite not being in anything even mildly resembling an infinite.

Bits of explanation from SRK:

Mr. X posted:

Round 2

@1:10 jHP - Section 1 The combo into Blockbuster was section - Section 2 Combo after Blockbuster - Section 3 Combo after Launcher - Section 4
IPS kicks in because Section 5 began with the same starter as Section 3

@1:55 Ground chain - Section 1 Air Series - Section 2 Combo into Super after landing - Section 3
IPS kicks in at Section 4 because after wall bounce of Blockbuster, his combo began with the same move that started section 3

Round 3

@1:33 I think there was an air dash cancel before the first jMP which began Section 3 (Section 1 being the ground chain, Section 2 being post launcher and pre-air dash cancel) after Blockbuster, he used jMP to combo after the wall bounce

Also

Mike Z posted:

Good thinking. More like to showcase the existence of the IPS, but yeah, they're 100% on purpose.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

SpaceBees posted:

I was watching the IGN preview of Ms. Fortune from awhile back and realized that when she grabs you and puts you in the yarn ball for her back throw, the yarn is actually made of the muscle tissue of her legs, and her legs disappear during the animation and reattach when she's done. Its the little things that make this game great.

Her legs *and* arms. You see them sticking out before she starts spinning the ball.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

field balm posted:

oh man are throws only lp+lk or are they any punch+kick of the same strength? cause if so, yeah I'll probably be playing standard layout.

Only lp+lk, man. mp+mk is tag 1 and hp+hk is tag 2.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I'm on 360 and my load times are pretty fast.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

If you're on XBLA, restart your game. Online's working now.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Aww yeah, instakill solo Cereballa combo versus a 3 person team. Of course, it uses 3 levels and I'm sure somebody else figured it out. :v:

j.HK, s.MP, QCB+throw, QCB+PP.

I'm only posting this because I was kinda amused it worked.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Transient People posted:

Isn't Ultimate Showstopper basically an instakill against a 3-man team anyway? IIRC it does, like, 98% of a lifebar or so, so for the three bars you can run through a team entirely if you overcome the zoning.

Nah, it's only about 3/4ths of a lifebar. And it has to be done fairly close to get that much.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PonchAxis posted:

So right now I have no money on my debit card and PSN isn't letting me use my card. I get paid tomorrow but I thought it would credit my card not debit it? Or something I don't know I'm playing the demo til then I guess.

Wait, are you trying to use your debit card when it doesn't have money or another card? I'm confused because the second one you might have to check some things but the first just makes me wtf

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I'm curious though, Copper Vein, seeing as you're sad what exactly could they have done different that's actually feasible and not what people wish?

And I mean feasible under the constraints that they had.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Brett824 posted:

Is the difference that one of them has a smart production cycle that guarantees extra content for the consumers and allows them to have a higher production budget and the other requires you to shill from fans by holding extra content hostage based on sales?

So SFxT is holding extra content hostage now? :aaa:

Jokes aside, if Skullgirls is what you mean by the latter then what extra content is being 'held hostage'? If you're gonna claim the moves list then sorry to burst your bubble. The team managed to convince their higher ups to do at least one patch so far no matter what and moves list will be coming then.

Unless you wanna call getting moves list for free post haste being held hostage.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Tamagod Sushi posted:

How do you unlock more levels? I love the background music so much that I just go into training mode to listen to them :3:

Go through story mode. I know I had all the stages unlocked when I finished with everybody's story.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Sup guys, the way to palette 10 has been revealed.

'In the 360 version, go to Versus, then local. At the controller/player screen press: Down, RB, Up, LB, Y, B'

That'd be Down, R1, Up, L1, Square, X on PS3.

It's the old SF2 Mirror match code. :v:

Broken Loose posted:

Data miners have been putting in work!

Just cutscenes so far. Also, somebody found all the name banners from character select (just the names, not the pictures) and Squiggley/Umbrella dummy files were among them. It's spelled Squiggley now.

Yeah, those are leftovers for when they were trying their hardest to get those two characters in for release.

Also Mike said Squigly's name is spelled wrong, haha.

Is there a central place that artwork is being posted at?

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 14, 2012

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

And for those that don't want to bother with itunes:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michiruyamane

Supposed to show up on Amazon soon, as well.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

http://www.amazon.com/Skullgirls-Orginal-Soundtrack/dp/B007XEHK4U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1335366765&sr=8-5

And now on Amazon!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Brosnan posted:

That's a pretty impressive list so far. Not sure I agree with changing assist inputs, though, especially since using button macros in tourneys has become acceptable for some reason.

They're not changing assist inputs. Just adding more of them.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Those palettes are eventually going to be given to everybody once that patch comes out. It just looks like Gamersgate will be getting those 4 colors for Parasoul early!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"we've submitted it and are waiting on approval for the patch. SCEA has approved it, so we're waiting on SCEE and MS now. " -- Ravidrath today on Neogaf forums about Zaa Patch

Don't call it a comeback~

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Dizz posted:

It said the indefinitely delayed PC release and first DLC character until they can start going again which means they may or may not be continuing it and they will be released _________.

Actually it said that resumption of work on the PC version was delayed and the first DLC character was 'indefinitely' delayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Eh, it was just bad word choices on my part.

The 360 patch probably won't be coming out for a while. Due to the size of the patch, the devs have to pay Microsoft a hefty fee, since it goes over their patch size limit.

Actually, it looks to be coming sooner rather than later with a workaround the group managed to figure out.

• Locked thread