Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

So are all these characters in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Anatharon posted:

I can't help but notice that 4 of the characters have near identical sihllouettes whenever people comment on the varied and flavorful art.

Are you talking about the actual in-game art or the website art because the the former is completely different per character

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Does Parasoul's "take the shot" super work pretty much like Hawkeye's gimlet in MvC3? Although it doesn't look like she can use it in the air which is kind of a bummer.

And can Ms. Fortune's head take damage if it's still on the floor when she tags out?

I'm pretty sure that super is instant after the flash and causes crumple on hit but can be punished on block. Also, to my knowledge Ms Fortune's head is only interactable if she's on screen, either on point or as an assist.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
She has completely different animations based on whether she's shooting it at you or she's lobbing a stationary one.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Friendly Friend posted:

The next reveal has got to be the release date. :swoon:

Next reveal will be all the potential DLC characters.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PalmTreeFun posted:

Is this game gonna get some pre-release hype? I don't want it to flop because everyone forgets about it when it comes out. (Psychonauts)

Uh, there's been a huge amount of pre-release hype and Psychonauts is generally regarded as one of the best games of all time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm 90% sure everyone interested in fighting games will be picking it up day one, if it helps you out.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
They should send prerelease copies to all the big streamers and get a bunch of tournies going on around release day.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Illumination posted:

I'm really bad at fighters and as such don't like playing them all that much, but this game looks great and I'm really compelled to pick it up.

As it stands, Skullgirls probably has the best tutorial system across the genre to help you improve.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So exactly which people from the Persona 4 comic dubs ended up contributing to the game? There are something like four or five, aren't there?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sharkelberry posted:

I want to be able to get in to this because the mechanics sound rad, but I can't get past the art style. It looks to me like a 15 year olds Deviant art page after reading the first two "How to draw manga" knock off books. :(

You might be due for an eye exam.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I would've thought the characters are too small for you, Cabbagepots.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Jamesman, I think, if you're referring to him talking about links and cancels.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Are we sure it's releasing on the 11th? :ohdear:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Should there be a new thread for release?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AXE COP posted:

One thing that concerns me after watching these videos is that the infinite prevention system seems way too sensitive. There was like 5 or 6 different moments in that video where they could burst out despite not being in anything even mildly resembling an infinite.

It doesn't resemble an infinite because it stops it before it gets obvious. :v:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Stick a one pixel black border on those before you buy them. Classiness!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
When do games usually get released on XBL?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SpaceBees posted:

Is that how it works with all spikes and OTGs in this game? You can tech out of the knockdown before you can OTG them after a spike?

You only get one OTG in a combo, then they can tech when they get knocked down no matter what. It's to balance anything that would hit you on the ground working as an OTG, I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure how it works with groundbounces and restands, though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Buy it twice, they need the money so that the things you're complaining about actually get in the game.

The movelist was pushed to a later patch because other things were better to get in before release -- on the UltraChen stream the other night he specifically mentioned the pre-match UI showing your ping to your opponent and letting you adjust the GGPO settings was one of the things they felt were more important to absolutely get in before release. 'You can download and print a movelist but you can't download and print an options menu.'

Other things that are going to be in an upcoming patch: input display in training mode (he wanted it to be similar to the display when you pick a custom assist instead of scrolling arrows) and lobbies (they had a special mode that they really want in but was tied to the lobby code and delaying lobbies was better than trying to completely separate the mode).

But patches and DLC are only coming if the game sells enough to justify continuing work on the game, so again - if you want post-release support pick up the game. They're a small company, they need it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You can set up whatever buttons you want to your controller - it's in the options.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

Update about the 360-online problem:
Thank you whoever wrote out the error message - looks like there's a file missing on MS's server which the game needs to check. Details have been sent to the relevant people who can put it there, whenever they wake up. :^P (I may be wrong, but that's what the problem appears to be.)
- Mike Z

So hold onto your hats, 360 users, it'll be coming.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Did you tweak the GGPO delay?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dementedghost posted:

If there was one thing I would add to fighting games, it would be a slow mo practice mode, to get the timing just right.

If it was slow-motion it would have different timing, though?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
....The sissy buttons?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The main difference between Capcom charging for DLC characters and Skullgirls doing it is that Skullgirls is an indie game that actually needs the money to justify future development.

I mean, Mike Z said it outright on the Ultrachen stream the other night - all future patches and support are sadly completely contingent on the game making enough money to justify it.

On the plus side, I think they said that DLC characters would be playable in training mode no matter what, so at the very least you can try characters to see if you like them before buying them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AXE COP posted:

Wow seriously? That owns.

It might be a scrapped thing because it was like months ago during development and not any official stance, but I do remember hearing it before.

It definitely would be awesome, though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

darealkooky posted:

So wait, you just looped the exact same thing three times in a row and IPS didn't kick in, either I still don't get how it works or Mike Z made his pet character even better then I thought :tinfoil:

IPS is only triggered by moves that start a new chain, and in that combo the move after each run-stop is different.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCfjbwu3zsM

Filia combo video!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Jesus christ how low-rez is your TV? You probably just need to hook it up to your computer monitor or something.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You're right, he uses the armor to absorb the burst. Details are in his transcript over here: http://biffotasty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/cerebella-cmv.html

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

darealkooky posted:

while we're bitching about things that don't matter why doesn't this game have taunts to show off the animation even more

Not enough buttons.

I would love taunts, though. :(

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

That's a standard stick.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This game has been out for a week. It'll take a while before people win/lose enough for them to be sorted correctly into matching skill levels, Rocketlex. A person with a 0/0 record could be new to fighting games or could have years of MVC2; the game has no way to know that until they've played enough matches.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Skullgirls is very accessible, though? The combo system is incredibly intuitive and the tutorial system is very good at teaching the basic gameplay that nearly all games just pass over.

What are you looking for in a game when you say you want accessibility? Do you want entry-level players to be able to win against other players of any skill level?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's "don't start a chain with a move you've already used." How deep is that?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Which is odd, because you can tech assists if they're set to throw.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That should be in bold with sirens in the OP or something.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Hey, looks like we found the glitch Mike Z said they kept in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It'd probably look better if you added the static between the woman, avery, and the *A* face instead of it just having the straight cuts.

But that'd make it even harder to chop down.

• Locked thread