Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

Broken Loose posted:

I've got good news for you: There's a hitstun timer in all the ingame training modes. As in, you hit the opponent, and a bar appears under them that shrinks and changes color as the opponent recovers.

This is awesome for learning the timing of combos. SSF4 had a really terrible version of this on the dummy health bar that was impossible to see, more so because if you had only one frame to do a link there was so little hitstun the bar flew to the other side of the screen and you couldn't time poo poo with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Do Parasoul's napalm tears have a set duration or do they just stay on screen until you detonate them?

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

ZackHoagie posted:

If there's any reason this game will flop it's gonna be people misinterpreting the DLC aspect of the extra characters and GOD DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU PAID FOR A GAME YOU GOT THE GAME GODDAMMMIT Reddit poo poo everywhere.

I will personally axe murder any Redditor that slanders this game. You have my word.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Here is a dope track from FG of the year 2012, Skullgirls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgOvyEAqME

Its the same music that plays in Peacock's reveal trailer but I think the song itself is a stage BGM.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

I'm confident if Reverge Lab's does bring this to PC, they'll do it in a much more timely and less stupid manner than Capcom.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

To answer the question in the second post, my favorite Skullgirls is Ms. Fortune. Why? Two reasons.

-Catgirls are neat.
-PUNS I loving LOVE PUNS SO MANY PUNS OH MY GODDD

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

does she still say Furzerker Purrage?

I thought it was Berserker Barrage as a reference to Wolverine, but if she actually says that she is my favorite fighting game character of all time, no contest.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Zaa Boogie posted:

Naw man, Fortune's all about them terrible puns. The first time I heard it I chortled.

My hype factor for this game has gone from 10 to 10.5 BRING ON MS. FORTUNE.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

animaCartographer posted:

MS fortune has also become my favorite, I never even liked the cat girl type characters much, but ms Fortune is just, hell I dont know, awesome, she looks fun to play, she has a great voice, her puns are the best, and I love the whole dismemberment feature to her gameplay.

Ms Fortune uses the dismemberment feature better than NeverDead did and she's just one character!

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Countblanc posted:

I don't see the vampire-ness outside of her skin color and I'm pretty sure that's just the lighting.

e: she's drinking Peacock Whiskey

If Skullgirls was a disc release that would be an awesome collector's edition bonus: A bottle of Peacock Whiskey.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Double actually turns into Mrs. Victoria at the end of that really long super she does. Nice little touch.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Just add all the characters! Make this game's roster 50+ characters! I will buy all of them!

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I really don't "get" why people like color edit mode, especially in games that already have 6+ palette swaps. Most of what people who aren't actual artists or designers come up with is going to look worse than the official palettes, if not outright ridiculous (full flesh tone, full black, etc). There are exceptions, but that's true of any mod tool of any kind in any game; 1% of people will always do something cool with them.

I see very little incentive for designers to include it unless it's just throwing their own existing color tools in the game and costs them basically nothing. It makes their game look shittier and nobody is going to make their decision to pay/play based on whether or not a game has color edit.

People wanna make their characters naked man don't be hater.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Groghammer posted:

One of Cerebella's Tumbling Run attacks is a Battletoads reference, too, and it gives you points if you KO someone with it.

This game just keeps getting better.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Cabbagepots posted:

420 objectify women every day.

I'm morbidly curious about this game, I might check it out. I don't think it'll take off in a massive way though, because, seriously, it's an all-girl fighter. I know that it'll have male DLC characters but that just smacks to me as the game having an identity crisis, like it's trying desperately to get back all the people who dismissed it as a game for animu nerds. "Oh no we have males too, we're not -that- type of game at all, come back, please love us!" In my opinion it needs to commit to the idea it was founded on.

How many characters does the game start with and how many are planned as DLC?

gently caress off Cabbagepotts. You're not going to play this game anyway.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Isn't it PAX East? No way Reverge is small and Konami ain't footin' no bills. Also I'm sure they would have announced something by now.

So this game comes out the same day as World of Sour? gently caress my life.

Also Cabbagepots and Broken Loose are posting about this game now? Who is that other goon that everyone hated from the YCS days if we can get him to post we can do a hat trick.

Yo someone get TheJoker138 or whoever that scrub is from the MK thread's early days.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Brosnan posted:

For everyone who enjoys the terrible posting styles of TheJoker138 and Jamesman: http://bebopaloobop.com/quote/

This is the best, holy poo poo.

I was rolling until I got Joker138 or Jamesman quotes but the ones in between are gold.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

dj_de posted:

We need a new gimmick for Skullgirls avatars like the club ones for MvC3

I need a Valentine avatar

I want a Ms. Fortune one. I don't even use Chris in UMvC3.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Two days away people! Get hype: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgOvyEAqME

Thankfully this game is coming out the day after I finish two big exams, and not the other way around.

I wanted a Ms. Fortune club avatar with text "It costs an arm and a leg to get into this club!" but if Buhbuhj won't make it again for me out of the kindness of his big buh heart I don't know who will. :(

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Dangerously Cheesy.

To be fair Cerebella is probably the hardest character in the game to cosplay.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

I was watching the IGN preview of Ms. Fortune from awhile back and realized that when she grabs you and puts you in the yarn ball for her back throw, the yarn is actually made of the muscle tissue of her legs, and her legs disappear during the animation and reattach when she's done. Its the little things that make this game great.

Overbite posted:

There was a pretty good Valentine too, didn't get a pic

That's really unfortunate. Were there anymore cosplayers?

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

All my PC gaming buddies on Steam are really hype for this game to come out, especially because its going to have a real tutorial mode. If you game exclusively game on PC your options are pretty much just GGPO (which most of these guys don't use) and SSF4: AE 2012, which doesn't teach you poo poo in terms of basics/how to play, etc. Also there was a huge 3 year gap between SF4 and SSF4: AE on PC, and then another 5 month wait for the game to get to the current version AGAIN. There's a huge market for fighting games on PC. SSF4: AE: 2012 is my favorite version by far, and I even use it for training mode over the PS3 version now. I'm glad Skullgirls is coming to PC even if we have to wait longer for it.

Liar Lyre posted:

I wonder if this will go on sale for PS Plus users. Kinda doubt it, but it's possible.

Anyways, I kinda promised SpaceBees a club avatar. Anybody else want a SG related avatar? I'll work on them tomorrow and Tuesday after class so that's your deadline.

That would rock man, thanks!

SpaceBees fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 9, 2012

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

No problem. If you want a specific image for it, link it or e-mail me. That goes for everyone too.

In other news, one of the SRK guys managed to get Mike Ross to try the SG demo. Hopefully he'll like it and we'll have another famous guy on our side.

Alright I'll email you by Tuesday. I'm having a hard time finding one that's not fan art on GIS.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Overbite posted:

There was a pretty good Valentine too, didn't get a pic

Here are the Valentine and Cerebella cosplayers from PAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa9xbNSHD1Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=96s

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

kaujot posted:

IGN's video review of Skullgirls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1u038WaRX8

Why do all major game sites dock fighting games for lacking "modes"? What more modes do you want?

edit: They said there is no move list? I find that hard to believe.

SpaceBees fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 9, 2012

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Dizz posted:

I guess they want things like barrel smashing and car destroying minigames.

Those were fun once when I just used Blanka's electricity to beat them and then never ever again.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

One of Big Band

And one of Ms. Fortune

Keep 'em coming guys. I really enjoy making these.

Yo can I get dibs on the Ms. Fortune one? In class right now so I won't be able to officially claim it until later. Also I'll hook you up with a gift certificate or something. Thanks!

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

Thanks. It was no problem. It's missing a border, so if you really care I can try to fix it in GIMP.

I'll let you know when I get home tonight. Thanks again!

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

UPS just dropped off my Moe Moe Big Dick G Gansta Edition. Filia statuette is pretty poor quality. Soundtrack owns. Will report on Glock and body-pillow after tonight.

Did it come with a joke book of Ms. Fortune's favorite puns?

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

A start of a Ms. Fortune bnb: s.LP, s.LK, s.MP, s.MK, s.HK, j. LP, j.MK (2 hits), j.HK, dash, c.LP (OTG)...

Toy Touch can OTG but you gotta be fast. Pretty sure you could do c.LP xx Cat Scratch (x3) xxx into Cat Scratch Fever! I dunno though, I'm tired and I'll test it more tomorrow.

If anyone has some day one Peacock combos let me have em.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

They can OTG tech the j.HK before you can land the c.LP. That's why I started using the head dunk after j.MK instead, as it causes a weird bounce you can combo off of. See the combo I posted up above for what I mean.

Is that how it works with all spikes and OTGs in this game? You can tech out of the knockdown before you can OTG them after a spike?

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJAfX2fSod8

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

Playing 1v1 at this stage kinda makes sense, it's a good way to learn a character.

I'm gonna play Peacock solo in a local tournament for this game next week just to see how I do. Ms. Fortune seems really complicated and I didn't really play GG or BB so I have no experience with the whole "control another guy" characters. I need more time with her.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Someone want to hook me up with some Peacock and Ms. Fortune bnbs? Just getting a real chance to spend time with this game today.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

I haven't really gotten into this game that much yet but as my summer break is starting soon I want too. What is the best forum right now information wise, in terms of bnb combos, frame data, etc? Dustloop seems pretty good while the threads on SRK are practically dead.

SpaceBees fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 6, 2012

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

I might be making my team Peacock/Parasoul. Ms. Fortune is way too loving hard. I feel like a fraud because I have her in my avatar. :(

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

If after the patch Ms. Fortune's combo notations no longer are as long as the old testament I may give a real shot to playing her.

She is still definitely one of the tougher characters in this game though.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

I just started playing this game again, and I'm looking for post patch Ms. Fortune bnb combos. Almost everything I can find is very outdated (before the patch) so can anybody help me get started with some basic combos?

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Mike Z just probably wants to prevent really stupid huge jumping/airdash normals that randomly cross up half the time and lead to huge damage combos. So he basically doesn't want UMvC3 jumping normal hitboxes which is a very good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

I've been running Fortune (HK Fiber Upper) and Big Band (HP Brass Knuckle) for awhile now, but I'm switching to Fortune/Fukua (HK Drill)/Big Band (LP Beat Extend) because Brass sucks as a pressure assist, I want a DP assist, and its clear 3 character teams are the future. I plan on using Eliza in the second slot when she's out, I hope she will have a good pressure assist.

Also headless Fortune desperately needs an anti-air reversal assist now that headless Fiber is gone if you want to play headless in the Valentine/Fillia matchups.

edit: Oh yeah and this is FuLLBLeeD, it was good seeing you again Crofts!

SpaceBees fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 28, 2014

• Locked thread