Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

big duck equals goose posted:

:goonsay:

What? I can kinda see the Tex on one fighter with the cartoon theme, but that is it. The rest kinda seems like straight anime to me. I guess with all the prettty gurlies you can put a tiny bit of John Kricfalusi in there.

The reason you can't see it is because you're a huge idiot noob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
Skullgirls will probably be one of the best FG of 2012, and if you don't believe that... die, just die.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

big duck equals goose posted:

Here is a Tex cartoon

Here is Skullgirls.

:confused: I guess I just don't see it?

Panty shot at 4:56 in the TexAv cartoon.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Dias posted:

And I'm still waging it might come out before SSFIV:AE PC gets the 2012 patch, because gently caress Capcom.

I know the answer is probably "can't say poo poo", but I'm hoping for an Ouroboros/Soul Satellite/any "protect/mixup orbs" super making it in. Please say something like that will make it in. I love my balls.

The cool thing is, once Skullgirls is released you'll never have to play SSFIV ever again, because its bad and Skullgirls will be good.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

notZaar posted:

Why do they expect people to take this fighter seriously when every frame of every character animation looks like it was meticulously calculated to give anime nerds a hardon?

If you think these characters would give any anime nerd a hardon at this point in their lives you are severely underestimating these sexual deviants. This is some vanilla bullshit

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
CROFTS when is the release date jesus

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
Can you choose music and stage, or is music auto assigned to certain stages??

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Music is assigned to the stages.

Thats ok. I think form the music I've heard my fav is the stage set in the fall(?) with all the students and peeps in the background. lots of gold leaves and such

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

That stage is called Maplecrest and yeah it's my favorite music as well.

Please release it to youtube, so I can listen to it thank you

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
Peacock's grab super is so cool. Coolest super.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
She says a funny meme.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
This might be the best FG this year but I'm not going to buy it because the voice acting and the colors. Time to play UMvC3 where everyone says "YOU LIKE THAT??!"

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

If you want I can talk about all the design and system decisions that I also don't like but even so I guess I can agree that in a year with three or four large-scale fighting game releases Skullgirls might still be the best. What's the other competition this year besides SFxT, SC5 and maybe the console release of TTT2?
Theres another blazblue iteration, the persona fighter, the zybourne clock fighitng game?? I dunno thats all I got.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to be playing skullgirls, on valetine's day 2012.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to play with Valentine's full move set on the day from which her namesake originated, Valentine's Day.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I would like to see Daisuke's impression from a current build, or the finished product. Make sure a copy is given to them, so they can holler back.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

ZackHoagie posted:

Do all you guys who are saying Febuary 14th have no idea how Xbox Live Certification works or..?

It works like this. On February 14th, officially known as "Valentine's Day" in the United States of America, the next hit fighting game Skullgirls will be certified and released on Xbox Live and PSN to the public.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
Give us Panzerfist mike z.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I want to play this, on February 14th 2012, Valentine's Day. Luckily I will be able to!

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to be playign this game tomorrow, Valentine's Day, the release date.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So...that means a release date is coming soon right?

St. Patrick's Day, undoubtedly.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Duesenjaeger posted:

Is it so wrong to just want a little more Baiken in my life?

Its not, because GG is getting a rerelease for the current console generation.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Duesenjaeger posted:

You've gotta be effing with me. Please don't toy with my emotions like that.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/2/16/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-coming-to-xbla-and-psn.html

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Guilty Gear is a lot faster, and has much more strict links and reversals and all that. Throws are way loving better as they have 0F of startup and the break window is only about 4F, AND since they are one button, you get a natural option select from doing them. Also it has shorter/faster combos overall, and a much bigger/better cast. The sprites are also drawn a little better overall for what that's worth.

There are a billion other system differences that would take forever to list out all of as well, basically nothing really works the same between the two games even though they have roughly the same set of mechanics.

Basically, faster, more challenging, deeper, better cast.
And it has Slayer

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

AXE COP posted:

The Double walkthrough is up!! Get hype!! http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-double-skullgirls/727033

Gametrailers is soooo crappy aahhhh

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

AXE COP posted:

The Double walkthrough is up!! Get hype!! http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-double-skullgirls/727033

She looks cool.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

The guy above me is right. It's straight-up contractual that the release date for XBLA games can't be announced until it's passed approval. I know it sucks but there's no real choice in the matter.

It better be march, or else.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
Is this game still coming out or did they decide its not worth it anymore, after FIghting Game of the Century. Street FIghter cross TEKKEN dropped.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
It should be release ASAP, because I want to play it bad.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

As tempting as that is I don't want this game to flop. An early release with nobody to play with would be absolutely terrible. Gotta make sure you don't release too close to SFxT.

In a post SFxT world does skullgirls really have a chance? Just release now and hope for the best, imo.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
Awwww yeah!

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

There's actually an image floating around somewhere with all the chars Alex had planned for Skullgirls. I can't find it right now but I'm sure someone knows the one I'm talking about.

edit: found it http://i.imgur.com/ErQHY.jpg

Annie of the Stars is cool

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Archenteron posted:

T.J. MAXIMUM looks like he's a shoe-in canidate to show off the Male Jiggle Physics :dong: that Mike Z said would be added in the interest of equality. Though I personally want Queen (Negative) Nancy as a character.

She looks like the carl's/relius's puppet doll things fromm BlazBlue

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Hell yeah Annie of the Stars confirmed.

She's the best.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Waverhouse posted:

Still not really sure why you're allowed to see your opponents character choices. Seems like a pretty easy thing to code out, and a no brainer for a fighting game.

Still a good game though. Someone mentioned MF's DP assist? I've been using it a lot, never fought against it and I have to say it is pretty handy. Awkward since it doesn't cover too much horizontal but handy nonetheless. How do the different versions stack up, I assume stronger more invince/recovery? Or does only a specific version have invincibility?

What up y'all! ! Skullgirls owns.

Because honestly I don't think it really matters. I can't even remember why they make it so you can't see their characters? Counter picking? There's only 8 characters.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
If you're new to any sort of competitive series (fighting, fps, RTS) you're gonna lose a lot against a boatload of people that have been involved in whatever game scene you're playing. Its just a matter of playing the game a lot, losing a lot, but continuing to understand the mechanics of the game i.e movement, combos, supers, team dynamics, etc... You can hop onto a message board and whine all day about how unfriendly a game is but the truth is you just gotta keep playing until you don't suck rear end anymore.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Rocketlex posted:

Yeah, it's just sad. I never really grew up on fighting games, and the majority of fighting games released today aren't really designed to be accessible to those that haven't played them. I got really excited when I heard that one of the main goals of Skullgirls was to make a fighting game that's accessible and not intimidating to those who haven't been playing fighting games for years.

But from everything I've seen, it really fails at that. There's no intelligent matchmaking to speak of, and the gameplay appears to be some nightmare hybrid of the spergiest elements of MvC and Guilty Gear. The way you make a game accessible is to make the gameplay experience accessible. The only real nod to accessibility comes in the form of what is essentially a huge manual which doesn't even include a drat move list.

I guess it's inevitable when the people behind this are huge tournament fighting game players themselves. I really wanted to like this game but I don't think I'll end up getting it.

Uh it seems like your attitude is the problem here??? If you think this FG's today are inaccessible, try picking up SF2 and becoming good at it quickly. As far as the mechanics of this game go, its extremely easy to learn and run with.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

If people are being hostile it's because this is a misguided mentality we've all seen and heard from before. Getting a difficulty curve from fighting random people online week one that's comparable to the difficulty curve from a single player game(which is kinda what you're asking for by using the term 'difficulty curve' in the first place) is a gigantic pipe dream.

The best advice would probably be to completely ignore ranked matches and find other people new to the game who also genuinely want to improve.
I don't think he genuinely wants to improve though?? Like he might not understand that to be good at something you might have to...practice?? zuh?????

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Mejwell posted:

I think what he's trying to say is that externally researching, dedicated practicing, and setting up specific playgroups is pretty much something you only still need to do with the fighting game genre. Pretty much any FPS or action game you can pick up and play multiplayer, start out sucking and still have fun, and then improve over time just by playing. Fighting games still require the dedication to bust through that initial brick wall of execution with your head.

I don't think it's so incredible to dream of a fighting game that's both accessible yet also extremely competitive.

You do improve over time by just playing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008

Rocketlex posted:

There's more ways to gauge a person's skill than their win/loss. I was thinking of a more in-depth skill tracker that monitors your behavior in matches. It measures things like your rate of punishing moves that can be punished, success with blocking vs. mix-ups, general chaining ability and other stuff. This game has a lot of mechanics, and the more successfully you use these mechanics the more the game recognizes "This person understands how to play."

In just one match the game could get so much data on your abilities and playstyle, even against the computer.

Uhh you do realize this is an indie game, that costs 15 dollars. I don't know of any fighting game that tracks anything like this at all.

• Locked thread