Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

Boxman posted:

IN one of those videos, the announcer says "this is tuna with bacon!" for his show time bit. What's that a reference to?

Capcom vs SNK 2's London stage had a slight chorus to it. You would often hear "This is true love we makin'", but needless to say, the voice makes that particular line sound ambiguous, so... it's another fighting game in-joke.

EDIT: ^ or that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Downloading and installing...

We're in there :smugbert:

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Malachite posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock the different colors? I finished story mode for everyone but thats only about 1 for each character. Haven't had much time with the game yet to try other stuff. I figure its different difficulties on arcade or something?

Another witness here saying I used Filia a lot in a marathon session with one of my friends, when all of a sudden I unlocked one of her colors. It's worth noting colors can be unlocked through using characters online, so there's an alternate method if the final boss is roughing you up too much.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Robolizard! posted:

no 4:3 support? lame

4:3 support is a dying art, I'm afraid :smith:

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Evening. I'm running a Fortune (Nyanti-Air)/Filia (Hairball) team.

While I believe I'm starting to get a better idea of landing poo poo with Filia, I can't say the same with Fortune. Trying to find more reliable labwork mostly centering around getting her head involved in my ground pressure without messing up my launcher setup. At the same time, I have Filia set up to ground rushdown, and while I have Fortune's assist open them up on a jump-in... If I land, say, a c.MK, and call out Fortune at the same time as to have Fortune launch at the end of the c.MK, and then it's way beyond either reaching the victim for more combos, or the vertical height isn't correct, so my aerial raves are dropped like a rock :confused:

tl;dr I want this team to work, but it won't work with me. Seeking intermediate guidance on character synergy.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

horriblePencilist posted:

I'm gonna be the only one voting for Yu-Wan, aren't I?

If we're in the club of "lone character votes", I guess you can throw me in as that one guy voting for Hive.

I was gonna say Minette, but she actually has a following.

What I'm trying to say is vote for Minette so I can have me a Fortune theme team.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Minette, Umbrella, Beowulf

The pro wrestling nut in me demands my Beowulf support.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Voted Minette and Beowulf. I think the one I'm most surprised was still in the running is Aeon.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I'm so happy Minette's in the Top 4, but the true reality is this race will be coming down to Eliza vs Annie.

I'll be doing my part, regardless. #Team3rdPartyCandidate :smith:

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I was born to push for Minette in a fighting game, and I shall die in my push for Minette in a fighting game.

I'm simply floored she even made it to Top 4 to begin with. I now have greater hope for Round 2, provided she doesn't get too many toxic anti persons infecting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Beowulf won!

:hellyeah:

Wanted Minette, but Beowulf was my 2nd choice, so I'm so damned ok with this!

• Locked thread