Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

It's Marvel 2, but slightly changed. Pushblock initiates a 22 frame animation, during which any attacks that connect (A) stop all the backwards momentum from the opponent being pushed away, (B) do only yellow life as chip damage, and (C) do 25% blockstun.

So, what that means is that you can pushblock to give yourself a third of a second of extended blockstun to make yourself crossup and throw-proof, OR you can pushblock the second-to-last hit of a blockstring to soak the blockstun of the last hit and make it super punishable. This is how you were able to punish Hyper Sentinel Force in MvC2.

Will Skullgirls have a loving dictionary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Sex Vicar posted:

Yes, actually. They will be including a glossary of fighting game terms and teaching them to you in training mode :eng101:

That's a relief. This looks pretty neat and I like the bizarreness of the fighters, but I can barely hold my own in Street Fighter much less one of these technical type fighters.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Here, have some more replays from the SoCal Regionals Skullgirls tournament:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/725578
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/725576

The players are still quite new to the game, but they're not bad at all.

So... many... puns...

• Locked thread