Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The 8th character is 3rd strike Makoto :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Valentine's Day will be delayed until it does come out. Hope you girl/ boy friend doesn't mind waiting a few weeks for flowers and candy.

That gives me enough time to find a girl/boy friend until then :getin:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

What kind of panties does Yipes wear? Im hoping for white with blue stripes myself.

Crotchless.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

apophenium posted:

And edible.

Or These:nws:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I can't wait for the Negative Nancy and Mary Sue DLC characters.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

As someone who mains White Knight let me tell you about how Mary Sue is literally the most perfectly balanced character in the game.

God I hope these characters become a reality.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When can I preorder this on Steam?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Badingading posted:

The level 2 Ms. Fortune Head Oroboros super is quite possibly the most amazing thing I've seen.

After the Gradius boss super, of course.

I just watched the video of it and I now have a reason to play double. that poo poo looks FAR too fun for it's own good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The next reveal is going to be moves and stuff they didn't use.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I can't get enough of Ms.Fortune's Derp face :allears:.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 19, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

It's also much, much easier to develop for console and then port to PC because the other way involves stripping down the game due to hardware constraints.

Do 2d games usually have that much of a problem though? I could see how Developers might want to create a game like Skyrim on a console first and port it to PC though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Q1

Biggest loving cocktease.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

PalmTreeFun posted:

They honestly don't know what their own release date is. They have to get it set up with Microsoft and Sony.

That's what makes it worse. I know the game is basically done and we're just waiting on the thumbs up on MS/Sony.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Annie of the Stars is cool

I'm actually interested in the No Evil Triplets. I wonder how they'd fight as one player.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Well the good thing for you is all designs are subject to change because they are old as heck by internet standards. Just look at old Ms. Fortune.

Amazingly enough the old one doesn't look so bad. with a little touching up [Adding scars for the dismembered limbs etc] and that could be a DLC costume.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

There will pretty much definitely never be DLC costumes for this game because they would require redrawing every single frame of a character.

I wasn't expecting DLC costumes, Just making a note that the old version wasn't so bad.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

The closest we'll get to DLC costumes is more colors. I know for a fact that the player 2 colors for Fortune are the ones for her old costume.

I'd spend infinity dollars on DLC that allows me to not only color in characters, but to edit their sprite animations as well. I can understand how people would basically use it for nude sprites but a goon can dream.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

PalmTreeFun posted:

I can just imagine someone trolling online by turning all the characters into colored boxes or switching move animations.

Well I'm not expecting to switch hitboxes and make colored squares, but I would expect limitations and such. Like a barrier to at least make the sprites look like Peacock.

Better yet it could be moderated where making a new sprite has to be accepted by the community online before it can get accepted.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

IDK i just want to give all the characters mustaches.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Latest FnF

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/728446

Also I am starting to worry the release date wont be 4/4, they said they would announce release date 2 weeks out from release and they haven't said anything :(

Yeah it's really killing me now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

2 weeks before release was never set in stone. They will announce the release date once the game passes certification, which USUALLY happens about 2 weeks before launch. It can happen closer to that though.

Which means there's a big chance that it's still nowhere close :emo:.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

a kitten posted:

I don't normally play grappler type characters, they've just never really clicked with me, but god drat Cerebella looks like she's having such a grand ol' time beating people up with her hair/arms thing that I'll probably have to give her a try when then game does finally come out.

It's more of a hat really. when she loses via Time-Out, she throws it on the ground and digs her heel into it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I really wish I knew what was causing the hangup :(. Does it usually take this long for an indie game to get the thumbs up?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

ZackHoagie posted:

Pretty much, Microsoft's submission process has always been opaque as hell, even shuttering out Introversion from releasing updates on how it works to keep it opaque as hell.

Yeah but I'm waiting for the PSN version. Unless they're complicated as gently caress too.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Hey, here's some positive news.

Wait so the demo is out now?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Zip posted:

quit joking

Man I wish I wasn't :qq:.

Anyways for some content here's male Filia.

And

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Well I hope that release date for Xbox is real. It means I am closer to meeting this Gorilla Fate :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SpaceBees posted:

This is the best, holy poo poo.

I was rolling until I got Joker138 or Jamesman quotes but the ones in between are gold.

clicking the link literally brought me to that same one. It even starts with just "Kazuya sucks so much dick that.."

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Alcoholism posted:

what is it with this game and girls with things in/on their heads

It's as if the title is completely meaningless.

[I'm still dying for an absolute PSN release date...]

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Niddhogg posted:

I just want of a gif of ms. fortune's head in the neutral pose.

I want the one that walks from Double's super.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

flatluigi posted:

Should there be a new thread for release?

It would be nice to start fresh once it's released, whenever that is.

E:

Liar Lyre posted:

Here's a cool thing a dude on SRK made. PS3 themes!
http://linearlightning.deviantart.com/gallery/31331125
And a bonus one that cycles!
http://www.mediafire.com/?88rigbsdia774m0

How do I get this on my PS3?

Dizz fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 4, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

BurningNinja posted:

Just stick it in a thumb driver under PS3>THEME>(theme goes here) then go to the ps3 theme settings to install it.

Many thanks.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

AXE COP posted:

Somehow they still managed to get a panty shot in there.

Never challenge an artist to put a panty shot in ANY picture.

It's like an instinctual thing they can never fail.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I love huge ridiculous anime tits and up skirt shots and women's rights. Just thought you guys might need my input.

No cheating man you can only pick One.

Buhbuhj posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what he is trying to say in the first place. I guess it doesn't really matter.

You're better off spending this time being excited we got official release dates.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dweller posted:

Still no confirmed date for non-US PSN, estimates are it'll be a few weeks late. Bleh.

Wasn't it already confirmed today on SRK?

E: oh NON-US :( sorry man.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Broken Loose posted:

holy poo poo the high score

Nice catch. Any reference with that player score?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Has there been any custom Peacock stick art yet?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Just wanted to post some awesome Peacock stuff I've been getting linked to me.

http://askpeacock.tumblr.com/post/19614519344/can-anyone-guess-what-day-it-is

This guy owns.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SpaceBees posted:

To be fair Cerebella is probably the hardest character in the game to cosplay.

I'm pretty sure doing some Balloon work would make a good Samson [I think that's the hat's name..]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Samson is filia's hair, Vice-Versa is Cerebella's hat ^_^

Thanks. I knew I was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it :)

• Locked thread